1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow- no comment.
I am however, going to try and score the Endor duds for a custom Luke.

Here is the thing....

This WILL sell, and people WILL say....in this very forum , that this is superior to HT....

Thats the difference is in the eye of the beholder...

poppycock......

This is awful, and pitiful. SSC should be ashamed of this release and the price they are charging. This is at most a 140 dollar figure, and even at that price it still looks god awful.

Good thing they released a great Jabba: that over prices thing might make up for the losses they will suffer on this overpriced thing.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

If I had POd this from Sideshow, I’d have zero problem canceling and telling them what an absolute piece of s#$t they produced... but I’m not going to do that to Timewalker. Sad... sad.. day. I still can’t get over the same company that made the new Jabba, did a complete 180 and viciously @$$-raped customers with this ... whatever it is...

Well....I'm not saying a word...yet. Let's see some more pictures. Remember, it was not too long ago that there was major screaming about the Mythos figure based on the production shots and the first few in-hand looks. But more pics and a couple of videos later, and things calmed down with that one and some folks (myself included) are pretty taken with that figure.

That's not to say the same thing is going to happen here. It is obviously a VERY different figure than the HT one. It's hard to completely judge when all we are seeing is a few in-hand shots where the figure isn't really futzed (the outfit looks like he slept in it right out of the box) and that, ahem, strange video where the figure just sits there through the whole thing with this odd, groping-in-the-dark pose.

First impressions are hard to get past - they aren't good here. I want to see more in-hand shots by folks who can futz, pose and photograph a figure before I slam the door here. I don't want to believe that Sideshow would put out a figure that is not even as good as the original release (with all it's wide-eyed, doll-dotted splendor). The Mythos Kenobi is a good,fun, solid release. It's sounding (and looking) like the Jabba is a marked improvement over the original.
Would hate to think this is a strike-out....

This headsculpt looks to be on par with the Star Ace Harry Potter line or Threezero Game of Thrones line. Not terrible but not great either. Too cartoony. The rest looks ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched the SS video where they present the figure and the outfits. At least the figure looked futzed and the outfit looked pretty good as did the robe, the vest and the poncho. All well done. But no close ups in that vid :(

I've emailed Sideshow to cancel him.

The ironic thing is that my credit card company declined Sideshow's request for the final balance payment last week, because they suspected it was fraudulent.

Having seen what we have so far in terms of sculpt and tailoring, I think my card company might have made a good judgement. :lol

I'll stick with Hot Toys' Deluxe Endor Luke, the spare parts from which are enough for me to complete a second figure any way.

Here is the thing....

This WILL sell, and people WILL say....in this very forum , that this is superior to HT....

Thats the difference is in the eye of the beholder...

poppycock......

This is awful, and pitiful. SSC should be ashamed of this release and the price they are charging. This is at most a 140 dollar figure, and even at that price it still looks god awful.

Good thing they released a great Jabba: that over prices thing might make up for the losses they will suffer on this overpriced thing.

You must be joking? You realize these are just toys right? Get what you like. Why make it more complicated that that?

I for one will be parting this Luke out and combining parts with the Hot Toys figure/Inigo sculpt to make the ultimate Luke figure.

Here's a snip from a recent Sideshow video:

SSC LUKE DLX.JPG

Now, there were no close-ups featured, no handling of the figure (changing pose, etc) - but for the outfits at least, it shows some potential is there when properly futzed. Too bad they din't really "present" the figure like some of the good online reviews do (show all the outfits & accessories, do a 360, change up some poses, CU of the portrait) but hopefully something along those lines will show up and we'll get a better look here.

Here's a snip from a recent Sideshow video:

View attachment 441746

Now, there were no close-ups featured, no handling of the figure (changing pose, etc) - but for the outfits at least, it shows some potential is there when properly futzed. Too bad they din't really "present" the figure like some of the good online reviews do (show all the outfits & accessories, do a 360, change up some poses, CU of the portrait) but hopefully something along those lines will show up and we'll get a better look here.

Isn't that from a year ago?

Oof! It is from a year ago. I thought it was recent. Oh well - then that is the proto on view then. I guess other than the brief glimpse in the show with the Jabba in it, there have been no SSC coverage with the production version. Unless that is the proto in that appearance too...

You must be joking? You realize these are just toys right? Get what you like. Why make it more complicated that that?

I for one will be parting this Luke out and combining parts with the Hot Toys figure/Inigo sculpt to make the ultimate Luke figure.

I think to be fair/put it into perspective...you are buying two separate figures, AND purchasing an additional headsculpt that comes with neither figure, to get a "presentable" Luke. That's a lot of money and work. I don't begrudge anyone spending any amount of money they want for something they like, but the original post makes some valid points about the quality of the figure. It's awful. And needing to spend $260 for that figure, $240 for the hot toys, and however else for the custom sculpt and paint...well it would just be nice to get something that satisfactory with one purchase. Nothing wrong with expecting quality.

I think to be fair/put it into perspective...you are buying two separate figures, AND purchasing an additional headsculpt that comes with neither figure, to get a "presentable" Luke. That's a lot of money and work. I don't begrudge anyone spending any amount of money they want for something they like, but the original post makes some valid points about the quality of the figure. It's awful. And needing to spend $260 for that figure, $240 for the hot toys, and however else for the custom sculpt and paint...well it would just be nice to get something that satisfactory with one purchase. Nothing wrong with expecting quality.

Amen.

I see your point, but I got SSC Luke for $118 shipped. I am trading parts for the Hot Toys body. The most expensive part of this project is for sure the Inigo sculpt. Luckily my pals over at Frost Vision Studio do not charge too hefty of a fee to paint a sculpt. So overall, I'm not that bummed out about the situation. It's just my luck though.

I see your point, but I got SSC Luke for $118 shipped. I am trading parts for the Hot Toys body. The most expensive part of this project is for sure the Inigo sculpt. Luckily my pals over at Frost Vision Studio do not charge too hefty of a fee to paint a sculpt. So overall, I'm not that bummed out about the situation. It's just my luck though.

Which Inigo sculpt are you doing? And do you have a time frame for when you’ll have it all put together? Curious to see what you come up with with the various parts.

Back