1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we know who the actual sculptor was on the Sideshow Luke? Because if I’m comparing it to the original Sideshow released from clear back in 2006, the Matt Falls sculpt of the original is vastly superior.

I see your point, but I got SSC Luke for $118 shipped. I am trading parts for the Hot Toys body. The most expensive part of this project is for sure the Inigo sculpt. Luckily my pals over at Frost Vision Studio do not charge too hefty of a fee to paint a sculpt. So overall, I'm not that bummed out about the situation. It's just my luck though.

I should say, and hopefully it's apparent, those are only my opinions. I truly always hope everyone loves their purchases, and no justification is ever needed. I'm not silly enough to claim I've never spent extra money on parts for some of my other figures to get them just right. The main issue I had with this SS release is they just seemed to really skimp on a lot of areas. I think as a whole they could have/should have done better for what they charged, but it's not the end of the world either way. I don't like coming across like my opinion is the only right opinion, I just wanted to jump in the convo on this specific figure because, sigh, it could have been rather good. I truly wish it was.

I should say, and hopefully it's apparent, those are only my opinions. I truly always hope everyone loves their purchases, and no justification is ever needed. I'm not silly enough to claim I've never spent extra money on parts for some of my other figures to get them just right. The main issue I had with this SS release is they just seemed to really skimp on a lot of areas. I think as a whole they could have/should have done better for what they charged, but it's not the end of the world either way. I don't like coming across like my opinion is the only right opinion, I just wanted to jump in the convo on this specific figure because, sigh, it could have been rather good. I truly wish it was.

No your opinion is the correct one...

Most folks do not customize, and judge a figure as a whole art piece.

Now that being said, our customizing community is the best around.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Another terrible review. Don't understand the point of these. Blurry nearly the whole time. From the same guy as the last time, I guess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZD0qX0lFSg

Yes, it's the second review by the same guy. I don't want to sound cruel but....does he watch these things before he posts them? Shaky, fuzzy, static. I don't understand why he went for a round two the was barely different from the first one. I appreciate his enthusiasm, I guess.

Here's hoping we get some more this coming week when he starts showing up for other collectors.

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 2.39.26 PM.jpg

Excuse me for being harsh, but is this guy a troll or just really not too smart? Why on earth would you bother with a review if you don't have suitable tech? What a moron. Why does this have to happen with EVERY release?

View attachment 441778

Excuse me for being harsh, but is this guy a troll or just really not too smart? Why on earth would you bother with a review if you don't have suitable tech? What a moron. Why does this have to happen with EVERY release?

From all that's been shown and commented so far, the video being blurry is probably the best gift a reviewer can give to Sideshow.

View attachment 441778

They want the views from being first....which is what they are getting when you watch it.....

I firmly believe most people who operate a camera do not understand the word Macro.....

Every single dame video camera made has this mode, hell you could have the eyes in crystal clear focus if you use the macro setting....even with a mediocre lens...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

It's a mixed bag for me. I need to see it in person, but I don't think either Sideshow or Hot Toys captured Hamill in their respective releases. I'm shooting myself for missing the Inigo sculpt.
The Inigo one looks pretty bad IMO too

Yeah the windswept Inigo looks to be his best, and perhaps the best ROTJ Luke we’ve seen. Wish I jumped on that run.

The swappable hair on the HT windswept version just doesn’t really work. But I’m more interested in the Endor helmeted look. Anytime you can ditch the hair with these figures it usually increases their realism a bit for me.

Yeah the windswept Inigo looks to be his best, and perhaps the best ROTJ Luke we’ve seen. Wish I jumped on that run.

The swappable hair on the HT windswept version just doesn’t really work. But I’m more interested in the Endor helmeted look. Anytime you can ditch the hair with these figures it usually increases their realism a bit for me.

Ht has been revising sculpts more than they used to, so wouldn't be surprised to see a tweak/re-do of that HT windswept sculpt. The Gary Busey HT Endor Luke could use some re-bonding or veneering or something also.

I do love that windswept look but it's super restrictive in the way you can use it. It would make a great 1/4 PF statue look for Luke, to me it's not quite as suitable for a 1/6 scale figure, but I would still love to have it.

Wow i don't know why i thought ssc would put out a decent jedi luke. I mean sheesh this thing looks nothing like the proto, which was decent at best. I fail to see how they are charging these HT prices without putting any of that money into the figure. The paint just looks awful and the outfit too is cheap. Guess i will have to keep holding out for a good jedi luke figure some day.

Wow i don't know why i thought ssc would put out a decent jedi luke. I mean sheesh this thing looks nothing like the proto, which was decent at best. I fail to see how they are charging these HT prices without putting any of that money into the figure. The paint just looks awful and the outfit too is cheap. Guess i will have to keep holding out for a good jedi luke figure some day.

Strangely, even if you look deep enough in this thread, there were some who claimed this SS sculpt was hands down better than the HT version. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I guess I'm still shocked just how badly the SS turned out to be. The proto was bad, the end product even worse. Cancelling this order and paying the $25 cancellation fee was a lot less painful than trying to sell this thing later on, as it's really a bomb. As some have compared, it does look like a version that was made 10 years ago. The clothes were supposed to be the saving grace and from the video posted, even that part looks rather awful.

Helpful comparison but why the black background? :gah: Better now that I turned my screen brightness all the way up.

My read is that the sideshow suit arms are even baggier than the Hot Toys arms. Tunic looks maybe better colored, the Hot Toys one gets a bit lost on the figure since the tone is so black. That Sideshow belt looks really fragile, the Snowspeeder one is annoyingly fragile.

I think the profile shot looks good, but that collar is really high on the SS one. Looks odd with the collar flap down with the vest, but both figures have their strengths and weaknesses. I dont really like how baggy the SS shirt is, but I think I prefer the SS vest and boots, whereas I think HT pips it in the other areas.

Back