1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the same user:
I prefer the SSC cape. It’s very nice I think.
a89dcde615db5546e21093a00e784af1.jpg

8b3c5aa30f38769836e591266a2c74b5.jpg

The HT wins out there in just about everything with regards to the figure they already released. Apart from the flap on the tunic, which looks better on the Sideshow. But since the Sideshow tunic is completely messed up in the collar department the point is moot.

No regrets in cancelling. I can't see myself using the SS sculpts; wouldn't be happy with the SS tunic; don't like the SS cloak or vest; and the SS belt was allegedly paper thin.

So all you're left with is a decent pair of boots and a body.

No point throwing good money after bad, so no regrets in cancelling. I have the HT Deluxe on order, and have a figure waiting to make use of the Endor gear from that set, leaving me the choice of either Death Star or deleted scene Luke. I already have the first HT release to fill the Jabba's palace role.

Now I'm hoping that disguise Lando at least comes out at production with a decent outfit, even if his sculpt remains forever hidden in the helmet.

Not really feeling the love for that cloak really. Looks almost leather effect in that image and the centre line stitching doesn't help.

I think like everyone else I was waiting to see how this looked before hawking TA for parts but I'm really not sure if anything is worth picking up for me on this one.

From the same user:
I prefer the SSC cape. It’s very nice I think.
a89dcde615db5546e21093a00e784af1.jpg

8b3c5aa30f38769836e591266a2c74b5.jpg

Really, you like the cape that looks like leather and has the giant and noticeable stiches right down the center of it? I'm beyond curious of your reasoning? Not being a smartass, I truly can't figure that out.

I've always thought the Hot Toys Jedi Luke when displayed with all the bells and whistles outfit, with Robe is a home run. My problem is that I wanted to display jedi Luke in only the black outfit, which the Hot toys had issues cause it looked bulky.
So I had my eye on Sideshow cause the proto Luke in all black looked better than Hot Toys.
But seeing these pics, once again, I really see how people were spot on saying the finished version will be once again a lackluster product.

If you guys like the SS version, more power to you.
But my personal opinion, I agree with everyone that says this look like something that was made many years ago.

And what's up with the turtleneck?
That sculpt also...man...:slap

I was really hoping everyone would be wrong and that black suit would turn out great.

Last edited:
Really, you like the cape that looks like leather and has the giant and noticeable stiches right down the center of it? I'm beyond curious of your reasoning? Not being a smartass, I truly can't figure that out.

Don’t know... just like the color and material better. Looks like it’s been used. But hey, I’m not gonna buy any of them so I have no stocks in any of this. Just think that the purple cape from HT looks wrong.

A Bernd Kamlah posted these on FB
03d43ba804904ab6f2baf1fed254d876.jpg

Thanks for posting these great comparison pictures. :duff

When SS listed their's I was like maybe I should've waited like usual. The HT Jedi Luke was the 1st figure I PO'd in a long time.

For me, after seeing this photo, there is no comparison between the 2. To me the HT is superior in every way. Neither head sculpt is perfect, but I do prefer the HT as it looks much more realistic than the SS doll like quality. The lightsaber hilt from the SS looks like it's upscaled from a Hasbro 6in Black Series figure made from cheap plastic. The only thing on the SS that does look better is the folded over white flap, but partly because they used an additional magnet to keep it flat.

To me this looks like an older figure. Like a progression over the years that fits in between the original SS and the HT. Would love to see all 3 of those together. Sorry, but this is not a $235 figure. The only good value this has is it's a complete ROTJ Jedi Luke that offers all options, unlike HT with making 2 different figures.

But for those who for some reason do prefer it, enjoy it. For me this (Luke Jedi Knight) is the only version of Luke Skywalker I need in my collection.

For me, after seeing this photo, there is no comparison between the 2. To me the HT is superior in every way. Neither head sculpt is perfect, but I do prefer the HT as it looks much more realistic than the SS doll like quality. The lightsaber hilt from the SS looks like it's upscaled from a Hasbro 6in Black Series figure made from cheap plastic. The only thing on the SS that does look better is the folded over white flap, but partly because they used an additional magnet to keep it flat.

To me this looks like an older figure. Like a progression over the years that fits in between the original SS and the HT.

I was just about to post something similar, the only place the HT is beaten is the way the flap sits. Otherwise the HT destroys the Sideshow in every way possible. Color of the vest and robe are far superior on the HT. Could continue beating a dead horse but why?

I'll be looking forward to seeing if HT can improve the sculpts of the upcoming Endor release.

Ok SS defender guys, 1st lets get our wording straight.

It's a poncho not a cape...

It's a cloak, not a robe...

:wink1:

:rotfl

I kid, I kid....

...so if you like a single thing on the SSC version you’re a ss defender? ...you’re so cool. You speak in absolutes.

...so if you like a single thing on the SSC version you’re a ss defender? ...you’re so cool. You speak in absolutes.

Seriously?

Maybe lighten up a little. We're on a dolly forum. And I already said in a previous post congrats to those that DO like this.

My post was a joke. Being a smart ass. If you couldn't pick up on that..... then I have nothing left to say to your comment.

Don’t know... just like the color and material better. Looks like it’s been used. But hey, I’m not gonna buy any of them so I have no stocks in any of this. Just think that the purple cape from HT looks wrong.

Fair enough, and I appreciate the answer. I was legitimately curious.

Back