1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stitching on the Sideshow cloak/hood looks really rough and prominent. The Jawa had a similar issue on the top of the hood but on that the fabric and color seemed to hide it better than on this.

The more pics I see of this Sideshow figure, the more it feels like I'm looking at a 1/12 scale fig, not 1/6 - the head (both level of detail and paint,) the cut/sew on the hooded cloak, even the detailing on the lightsaber, all feel like you're looking at pics of a smaller scale figure.

While I'm not a fan of pleather boots at all and prefer well sculpted plastic, not sure how anyone can prefer these sculpted Sideshow boots over the HT ones - the Sideshow ones seem too thick on the upper parts and the foot part seems noticeably oversized versus the HT boots. Luke has a really slender look in ROTJ and that includes the boots. The Sideshow ones almost remind me of the later (ie noticeably better) long boots that Hasbro did for various figs in their 12" line.

Ditto. Still HT looks miles better. What a trainwreck from SSC!

Agreed, the HT figures looks a lot better. Odd that such a relatively simple outfit could be so much trouble to get right.
Not to mention Hamill's likeness, of course...

Speaking of which, I was checking ebay for a loose headsculpt (only found a complete body), and my lord the head is gigantic! I mean, it's Sideshow-level gigantic!

A Bernd Kamlah posted these on FB
03d43ba804904ab6f2baf1fed254d876.jpg

b75a45e23e2ab59f475ba3b8b764a62b.jpg

fc6de9b4e808b2bb14a4c272e86aefc1.jpg

ef1b13fd7468a34000e8e3f49cce3233.jpg

e399894ecdec2b2cbdca50fd0b6979d7.jpg

df8783bd68a6c5b0fe2fa99b568c2cd4.jpg

6c24435e01f1c28bf5abecd87a00334e.jpg

And people think the HT one is too bulky.......
ff6b29ff556c4f5bb311c5c30ea65886.jpg

Luke Skywalker , Jedi Wrestler...
Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I keep seeing it, I can’t believe that SS haven’t stepped up yet. What are they thinking?

I think a lot of people, well at least myself lol, weren't surprised the figure came out bad...it was the real life/in hand level of how bad it actually was. I keep revisiting this thread in hopes to see something that at least gives it some qualities...but my God...the Jabba scene cloak/robe with the GIANT stich right down the middle of it, the awful worse than a cheap toy looking saber hilt, the weird huge Elvis-like collar when the flap is down, the cartoon head sculpt, and the weird looking hair...it just all adds up, and I think what they had the nerve to charge for it...people should be somewhat upset. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it's a rather big stretch for the few trying to convince themselves/others that it's superior to the HT release. It just is a fail as a whole for the entire release from SS.

Mine arrives tomorrow. I pre-ordered this last January with reward points and free shipping. I basically got this for $90.

I wanted this for the Endor gear/sculpt which I think looks decent.

The rest of this release, disappointing.

Mine arrives tomorrow. I pre-ordered this last January with reward points and free shipping. I basically got this for $90.

I wanted this for the Endor gear/sculpt which I think looks decent.

The rest of this release, disappointing.

Curious to hear your thoughts on the Endor gear as well as the tunic when you have it in hand. The tunic still looks like a possible improvement to me over the HT one, but not sure positive it would fit well on the HT figure.

My figure arrived today. Here are my thoughts:

Sideshow has shown very minimal improvements in quality since they were producing Clone Troopers. This is of the same quality as their figures from all of those years ago. It was jarring to me opening this at first because it really does feel like a dated figure. That said, there ARE some redeeming qualities about it. First, the main outfit is 100x better than the Hot Toys release. It fits as it was shown in the film and I have no complaints in that regard. Also, this is for sure Sideshow's best Luke sculpt to date. They captured Hamill's ****ed up face a lot better than Hot Toys did. With some better paint, I have no doubt that it would look nice next to a newer Hot Toys figure like TLJ Kylo Ren, but unfortunately - it falls short in the paint department. The hair is very flat, almost looks two toned, lifeless, and unrealistic. It lacks skin texture and it appears dimensionless.

It was really easy to get the brown cloak posed right because the cloth material they used is very heavy, so I like that aspect about it as well.

I will be shooting my review on Wednesday so that I have some more time to think about this. It's not a bad figure, but it does feel dated. I would recommend this figure to those who want to kitbash an 'ultimate' Luke ROTJ figure. I'm currently trying to track down a ROTJ body for my inigo sculpt. If anyone is interested, I will be parting this out after my review is done.

Yeah in the review I saw, they're 2 pieces for better ankle articulation. I honestly do prefer that at least; I hate how wrinkled the HT pleather boots look.

Ok thanks. Yeah they seem to be perfectly wrinkled in the same spot on both boots. They don’t look too bad. I was surprised how delicate the HT versions were but I still think they’ll be ok if you’re not constantly articulating his ankles. Definitely picking up parted out boots for kitbash/customs and possibly the tunic for HT Luke.

My figure arrived today. Here are my thoughts:

Sideshow has shown very minimal improvements in quality since they were producing Clone Troopers. This is of the same quality as their figures from all of those years ago. It was jarring to me opening this at first because it really does feel like a dated figure. That said, there ARE some redeeming qualities about it. First, the main outfit is 100x better than the Hot Toys release. It fits as it was shown in the film and I have no complaints in that regard. Also, this is for sure Sideshow's best Luke sculpt to date. They captured Hamill's ****ed up face a lot better than Hot Toys did. With some better paint, I have no doubt that it would look nice next to a newer Hot Toys figure like TLJ Kylo Ren, but unfortunately - it falls short in the paint department. The hair is very flat, almost looks two toned, lifeless, and unrealistic. It lacks skin texture and it appears dimensionless.

It was really easy to get the brown cloak posed right because the cloth material they used is very heavy, so I like that aspect about it as well.

I will be shooting my review on Wednesday so that I have some more time to think about this. It's not a bad figure, but it does feel dated. I would recommend this figure to those who want to kitbash an 'ultimate' Luke ROTJ figure. I'm currently trying to track down a ROTJ body for my inigo sculpt. If anyone is interested, I will be parting this out after my review is done.

This is pretty much what I care for this release. If possible could you pls swap Hot Toys's Jedi scuplt into this one in your review?

Curious to hear your thoughts on the Endor gear as well as the tunic when you have it in hand. The tunic still looks like a possible improvement to me over the HT one, but not sure positive it would fit well on the HT figure.

Yeah the SSC figure seems bigger than the HT figure so even if the outfit is a better cut/fit, its scaled for a somewhat larger/taller body. The shirt arms already seem like they are a bit baggy even on the larger body.

I know there haven't been many pics as yet and I'm trying to keep a somewhat open mind, but this figure had so many potentials for getting slightly better or as-yet-unreleased Luke Jedi gear but it seems to have landed in the underwhelming area. I knew the head (despite a servicable Hamill likeness) would be lackluster from the moment the fig was announced but Sideshow more than has the ability to produce HT-quality outfits and accessories, yet this time it seems like it hasn't worked out.

Even the great part-out bits like the belt, saber and boots look problematic to me - belt doesn't seem wide enough with undersized buckle (and that flimsy pleather SSC have been using,) saber seems poorly painted and oversized, boots seem too bulky.

Really interested to see the full Endor set-up in good in-hand pics - maybe that set-up will be the saving grace of this release, though I do like the look of the white fold-down lapel and maybe the vest/tabbards.

I lightened and sharpened this pic a bit:

WufITI2.jpg

That is a terrible futz and stitching. I think the cloak looks best in this pic.
ee4e483d5b83d569f305ecfffcab8110.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back