1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell, even if the quality was better it's still insane to release this only a few months after HT released theirs. It was bound to suffer in comparison no matter what, and just seems like an epic waste of time and resources.

Seems a shame that such an iconic version of Luke has been mis-handled like this. Even HT dropped the ball by releasing a standard one (which I own and love), only to reveal a super-duper deluxe and a standard Endor. We would have been singing their praises if they released them at the same time.
Then SS release this not long after and yeesh, is it sub-par. Like others have mentioned, their Snowspeeder Luke and Jabba are solid releases. I really hope they pick up their game with Lando.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lol, but the thing is...it pretty much is. Those side by side pics where the SS Luke's belt looks like it's ready to fall off, the crappy painted saber, the cloak with the giant stitching down the middle, the jacked up face...I mean is there seriously anything redeeming about this figure when you take the $260 price point?

Looks sloppy but pretty sure the SS saber is supposed to be the stunt version.

Here the thing, SSC could fit a market for the collector with less disposable income.

They could sell tons of these at the 100-150 range. They got greedy and think they can compete with HT on humans...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Exactly, I don't get why they're reaching so high, ok, well I know why, but still. They'd sell a lot more of these in that price range. But now everything is $250. I'd love to get some of their comic figures but I'm not dropping $250 on each. If they were $150 I'd probably buy 75% of them. Same thing w/ the aliens/bounty hunters. $150 each and I'd have them all.

Well, I ordered this (unfortunately) through Timewalker, and I'm only going to be paying $223.99 (with free shipping). That's bad enough, but at least it's not $250-260. He's going to be hiding under his hood from that point forward -- much the way Hamill himself should have by the time he filmed ROTJ. HT's is far too idealized, and SS just looks like bad. A happy medium between the two would have been nice.

Man I’ve never complained about a figure ever I’m an adult and decided to order it ( all points thank God) :( this is so rough the hands are unfinished so poorly done the sculpts and paint just suck ! The Speeder sculpt is the best thing this set has overall and that’s not saying much :( the outfit the body just in general this seems like I ordered it 10 years ago in terms of quality. Snow speeder Luke is just awesome overall how can they go backwards and charge so much. Lesson learned! I will never pre-order a SSC figure again until I see what is first ! And believe me I’m dying for a lando but I’ll wait. Just sad man so Sad !

My figure arrived today. Here are my thoughts:

the main outfit is 100x better than the Hot Toys release. It fits as it was shown in the film and I have no complaints in that regard. Also, this is for sure Sideshow's best Luke sculpt to date. They captured Hamill's ****ed up face a lot better than Hot Toys did. With some better paint, I have no doubt that it would look nice next to a newer Hot Toys

Considering you were saying a few weeks ago that this figure was a 1000x better and then said a 100x to ''It's inferior to Hot Toys'', i'll take your comment of the outfit being a 100x better than the Hot Toys with a huge chuckle and a grain of salt. Hyperbole much?

Interesting to compare this figure to the 6 inch Figurarts Luke. With a cloth vest/tabbards, the 6 inch figure would probably look better in pics.

H7kn5oS.jpg

Looks sloppy but pretty sure the SS saber is supposed to be the stunt version.

I think you are (not purposely) making excuses for Sideshow, with the saber. It clearly looks to be the Luke Hero saber, with just a horrible paint job. The V2 (the one that was used mostly through ROTJ and that the HT upcoming deluxe will have) doesn't have any copper color at all on the neck, so it's definitely not that, and the only other stunt one I'm aware of from ROTJ was the prop R2D2 shot to Luke on the sail barge plank scene, which is actually only shown when R2 first opens his compartment and raises it out a little before launching it...and that version was simply a cheap hero look-alike and if you watch closely, it's missing the emitter nipple on top of the saber, and then by the time it reaches Luke's hand, they switched the prop back to the V2. So it just doesn't fit that the SS sloppy model was meant to be anything but the Hero...they just executed it beyond sloppy and made it look like crap.

I'm in the replica saber building community as well, which is why I have that totally unhealthy and needless amount of detail on the various ROTJ Luke sabers

5c29c88f5890b5428347b988ba10468227058278_hq.jpg

From top to bottom: the Hero, the V2, and the stunt (you can't really see it, but the top is flat on the stunt)...and it really wouldn't have made sense for SS to release the stunt as it simply was a fill in for far away shots and basically never seen on screen for more than 10 seconds.

I missed my UPS delivery today, signature was required. I will be picking him up tomorrow.

Have you ever tried the UPS app? You can electronically sign for delivery so that they will leave it. Unless you just don’t want them leaving it which is understandable.

Man I’ve never complained about a figure ever I’m an adult and decided to order it ( all points thank God) :( this is so rough the hands are unfinished so poorly done the sculpts and paint just suck ! The Speeder sculpt is the best thing this set has overall and that’s not saying much :( the outfit the body just in general this seems like I ordered it 10 years ago in terms of quality. Snow speeder Luke is just awesome overall how can they go backwards and charge so much. Lesson learned! I will never pre-order a SSC figure again until I see what is first ! And believe me I’m dying for a lando but I’ll wait. Just sad man so Sad !

Has to be the first time I remember you complaining about anything, definitely one of the most positive people here on the boards. Lots has already been said about the sculpt, but that saber is extremely poor. The original Jedi Luke saber is easily better than that. I would honestly send the figure back for a refund, even if it meant eating the shipping costs.

Not surprised on the headsculpt outcome (anyone who didn't see that coming was willfully ignoring Sideshow humann fig releases of the past few years,) but I'm really shocked about everything else on this release.

It proves that Sideshow really was out to lunch on this release because they are more than capable when it comes to weapons, outfits and accessories - a lot of their stuff in those areas is HT quality, or very close. I mean even the saber from the 2006 Luke Jedi is better than the one this fig comes with.

This is a really troubling development overall for the company and I really hope this doesn't bode ill for Lando Skiff, and hope we shouldn't be reading anything into this ie Sideshow tapering out 1/6 figures. The Jabba came out really well, but really isn't all that comparable because it's more a statue, always a Sideshow strength.

Back