SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Evil Face's work is simply stunning and I am using that as my template for my upgrade ( yet I am using the MOS bod)

After all the snow the east coast has been hammered with over the past couple of days I finally have this figure. This guy is sweet! I don't know what optibotimus was doing when he was reviewing this thing but he has absolutely no futzing skills at all! This version reminds me of the John Byrne interpretation of Superman. Anyone else notice that the "S" on his chest is raised? That's a nice touch that I don't remember anyone else doing for a cloth outfitted superman. The belt on my was not straight and the shorts were not as poofy as in other photos. I am lovin' this thing . Next to batman these world finest heroes are one of the best representations in any scale!

Mine ships tonight so Monday looks like I'll get mine. I'm going to work on his body tomorrow so epoxy can dry and cure in time. I'm excited. Also going to start on aquamans fabric since all of it needs to be dyed.

I bulked him a little bit with some Apoxie Sculpt to give some gains! Just added the basic areas as in the last pic. Then sanded them smooth. I also raised the loops on his britches. That took about the whole Superbowl to do. :lol I think these mods are something most of us can do here.

But I really like the way looks now. Buff n tuff. Bats is still bigger, but Supes now looks great next to him. Love the sculpts and the wide manly jaw. I do like him over Reeve. As I said earlier, he looks more heroic. Plus I never like the sparkly spandex HT used and hate hate hate his cape. It never hangs well. Sideshow's has a superior body suit. It doesn't snag easy or look sparkly. The regular cape looks and hangs great. The snaps on the cape could have been move forward a bit to give it more of the Roman style hang, but it look great. Boots are super nice looking. Nice assortment of hands but a few more would not hurt.

But yea, now this is Superman to me. He looks fantastic on the shelf with the other SS DC figures. Can't wait for a Kingdom Come version down the line.

superman_ss_01.jpg

A stunning bit of custom work, E. I agree with what you said about the sculpt, boots and suit of this figure. I regret starting to customize mine using the Bats body now and I may have to just go get some epoxy sculpting material and do the same.

Both EVILFACE and TonyMeis almost tricked me into getting it. They look real good. And there's that $25 thing ending soon... I need to wait though. The dollar here just crashed too.

Absolutely love that cape, and how it hangs, although not sure about seeing the blue collar at the back. Or is that how it usually sits on his shoulders?

I had to check and couldn't find many. Only really 52.
20130609173921!Superman_Prime_Earth_0003.jpg

artfxp_superman_back2.jpg

Otherwise, only these two:
comics-superman-75th-anniversary-gallery-4.jpg

xcvbxcvb.png

Actually thought it was all Alex Ross Supes...

Good build EF. Seriously. That increases the value IMO.

Thaks!!

Very well done, the body mod looks amazing, love all the muscle on him :D THUMBS UP!!

Thaks!!

Sweet!!!! Evilface...

Thaks!!

I caved and ordered a couple about an hour ago. I'll stick my hand up and admit that although it has flaws, it's going to be easy to fix it.
All thanks to Evilface's post and pics.

Yes yes, give in to the dark side. It's a fun fix.

Nice work on the mods EF :rock

I also am starting to think the smiling face might be the best sculpt. That and the heat vision head.

Thanks. The smiling head has a nice charm to it. Super Friends all the way. Too bad Bats doesn't have a smiling one. Could have 70's World's Finest when they liked each other....

Yes Evil Face's work is simply stunning and I am using that as my template for my upgrade ( yet I am using the MOS bod)

:rock :rock

After all the snow the east coast has been hammered with over the past couple of days I finally have this figure. This guy is sweet! I don't know what optibotimus was doing when he was reviewing this thing but he has absolutely no futzing skills at all! This version reminds me of the John Byrne interpretation of Superman. Anyone else notice that the "S" on his chest is raised? That's a nice touch that I don't remember anyone else doing for a cloth outfitted superman. The belt on my was not straight and the shorts were not as poofy as in other photos. I am lovin' this thing . Next to batman these world finest heroes are one of the best representations in any scale!

I like how the shield does not have a black outline. It's a dark red and blends.

A stunning bit of custom work, E. I agree with what you said about the sculpt, boots and suit of this figure. I regret starting to customize mine using the Bats body now and I may have to just go get some epoxy sculpting material and do the same.

Thanks. Can't wait to see yours!

Looks great EvilFace

Thanks.

I don't own this figure and Im not even sure of this is possible but if it is has anyone tried removing the heat vision and replacing it with the regular eyes for a more angry/stern looking Supes?

You would have to cut the eye holes or sculpt eyes. The head vision's eyes are not separate like the other heads.

Back