SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks good on the Batman body. Unfortunately the thought of paying $200 for this and then another $50-$80 for another body and then to have to mod it all over (which would go horribly I'm sure) and then either restitch the shorts or buy new ones to have an acceptable Superman is mindblogging. For those who mod and screw with their figures all the time I'm sure it's a hiccup but for me I open, pose and am done. I barely futz unless it's super needed so for me SSC is leaving me a big gap in their line up because I'll be waiting for another Superman that will hopefully fit in with this.

The Superman body though looks like it'll be multifunctional, not only with DCU heroes like Flash or Green Lantern but I wouldn't mind Spider-Man on that body for the eventual Marvel figures.

The shot with him next to Batman stock is funny though, he looks like something out of Flashpoint.

gs.jpg

I am glad there are people happy with it, hopefully we get a variant here with the Batman body. I'd even simply take the darker blue suit variant we see from time to time.

View attachment 161686

Should we be paying

$200 for 1/6 figures with single jointed elbows and no ankle articulation, or that can't support the figure?

Thanks!!!
That was a good idea for medicom/ss swap. Can't swap suits--wouldn't be to restore to normal.

Yea, big difference in body size--I spoke with sideshow sales team manager when batman went on sale. I asked home about the possible differences in body size and shape. He spoke with someone in the office, and replied," Batman is bigger because he has to workout, superman doesn't have to. In what universe is batman bigger then superman? and why are we paying $200 for 1/6 figures with single jointed elbows? If Sideshow makes any more 1\6 figures without good ankle articulation(figure can't stand on its own without stand), and NO DOUBLE JOINTED ELBOWS, I won't be purchasing it.

No sure about everyone elses.... but mine stands fine without the stand. I just keep all my figures on stands, cause my house is old, the floors squeak and I'm 225lbs, so walking by the shelves could potentially tip everyone over. I would also have preferred double joined elbows, particularly on Batman

Thanks man. Great comparison. He looks so fragile and sorry next to the other Supes. That Medicom one looks to have a good body and a thick neck. I know the heads wont fit without modding, but if you could do a pic with the Sideshow head on Medi one, I would appreciate. And if it's not too much to ask, how would the Medicom body, with the Reeves suit and the Sideshow Body look?

Would really appreciate that. I'm thinking about just building out my own if I can't get a decent looking one

Supes looks bad next to other figures. I was not regretting purchase till I saw these pics. Oh boy does he look weak. :slap

Sorry. One more. I'm just so surprised I like him as is so much. I thought I'd be chomping at the bit to get him modded up but I'm having too much fun with this as is.

image.jpg

Supes looks bad next to other figures. I was not regretting purchase till I saw these pics. Oh boy does he look weak. :slap

Based on those pics though, I wouldn't have bought the Chris Reeves or the Batman figures either. (I can't speak for Medicom of MOS cause I never had those in hand)...

No sure about everyone elses.... but mine stands fine without the stand. I just keep all my figures on stands, cause my house is old, the floors squeak and I'm 225lbs, so walking by the shelves could potentially tip everyone over. I would also have preferred double joined elbows, particularly on Batman

The ankle reference was with respect to the Joker, Catwoman, and Harlequin when attempting to pose them and stand at the same time, they could not do that--this was fixed with Batman. Although, Superman can stand, his balance is not as batman's is in various positions at lest for mine. The Snake Plissken figure has no ankle articulation(boots are not jointed, cost of 150). But my main complaint is with single jointed elbows--this will be a deal breaker going forward. Can't we get together as a group to demand double jointed elbows? Double jointed elbows are the standard now. There is no reason not to have double jointed elbows in a figure with long sleeves--what do you guys think?

I agree... the excuse for Batman at least, was that the arms were too muscular. But we all know that's ludicrous, because most of the hot toys figures who are muscular, also have double jointed elbows...

Coco's pics are making me want to eat my shorts, I was afraid this would happen :lol luckily I still have the money if I'm convinced to buy it, but I'm not quite there yet, I stand by my complaints, but the figure does look fun.

Coco, could you post more with the regular head if you have the chance please?

I agree... the excuse for Batman at least, was that the arms were too muscular. But we all know that's ludicrous, because most of the hot toys figures who are muscular, also have double jointed elbows...

I just want the figure to be the best it can be. I would get much more enjoyment out of it if it had double jointed elbows.

Nice !!! great pose, and pics.

For the Green Lantern, did you have to tailor the suit ? if so, in what way? Could you take a pic with all three standing side by side?
Thanks.

I just want the figure to be the best it can be. I would get much more enjoyment out of it if it had double jointed elbows.
Agreed. Medicom did a good job on their figures. Here is a pic of my Batman.

Medicom Hush Batman with Tony suit.

With and without camera flash. (I'm reorganizing so all my figures are stuck in one detolf for now) Hulk is on what was Superman's spot

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422407735501.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422407735501.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 331
  • uploadfromtaptalk1422407747205.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422407747205.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 326
Back