SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow......

tumblr_m9bs0icLXf1qajc4eo1_500.gif

This really sums up my feelings with Sideshow over the last few years... so many figures with great potential, only to have some weird wtf decisions and QC issues that just defy logic :lol Shame to as Supes has some great stuff going, but the smaller torso just throws all the proportions off and makes the head look weird. But on the body Mei used the head looks great :huh

The MOS body is pretty big, definitely taller than 1/6 scale, so it would make the head look better.
However, for me, the proportions are too realistic. Although I would have preferred a bulkier Superman, I do like the fact that both SSC Supes and SSC Bats have comic-style proportions with impossibly small waists. Tony's custom looks great, but for me, the body isn't exaggerated enough for a comic appearance. And because the waist is bigger, and the proportions different, the trunks look a little too big... a little too diaper-ish for me. But great for a classic, 40's style Supes! Alex Ross style...

I would have bought this Superman, probably two.

:lecture

The shorts and production heads are CRIMINAL for a $200 figure. And the body is all wrong for a Superman that is supposed to be part of a line of figures. There is just no sugar-coating it.

Glad I canceled (but still disappointed in the actual product). :(

Last edited:
Here is my moded body. It was too much work, but once I started I had to finish. As Dave mentioned earlier the bodies are not interchangeable at all. Not even the elbow joints or foot pegs. Btw, the camera stretches out everything, it actually looks really good.

AklNMp.jpg

HnpQYQ.jpg

Here is my moded body. It was too much work, but once I started I had to finish. As Dave mentioned earlier the bodies are not interchangeable at all. Not even the elbow joints or foot pegs. Btw, the camera stretches out everything, it actually looks really good.

AklNMp.jpg

HnpQYQ.jpg
Now that is what I'm talking about. I would have bought this in a heartbeat.

Is it possible to maybe stuff the neck and raise the traps just a bit to make it a bit thicker?

Thanks man. Great comparison. He looks so fragile and sorry next to the other Supes. That Medicom one looks to have a good body and a thick neck. I know the heads wont fit without modding, but if you could do a pic with the Sideshow head on Medi one, I would appreciate. And if it's not too much to ask, how would the Medicom body, with the Reeves suit and the Sideshow Body look?

Would really appreciate that. I'm thinking about just building out my own if I can't get a decent looking one

Last edited:

AklNMp.jpg

HnpQYQ.jpg

Amazing job! That's the stuff right there and exactly how I'd like my Supes to look. I know you're not kidding when you said its a lot of work but I think I'll give that a go.

just received superman and i am very happy with him. just like everyone i would have loved a bigger body but in hand he looks good. the head doesn't look like a bobble head in person it looks good in my opinion. i do wish the shorts were made better especially the belt area. and the base is not that great looking but overall i really like this figure. many of you that cancelled will be changing your minds.

JACKS - med head ss swap.jpg
Thanks man. Great comparison. He looks so fragile and sorry next to the other Supes. That Medicom one looks to have a good body and a thick neck. I know the heads wont fit without modding, but if you could do a pic with the Sideshow head on Medi one, I would appreciate. And if it's not too much to ask, how would the Medicom body, with the Reeves suit and the Sideshow Body look?

Would really appreciate that. I'm thinking about just building out my own if I can't get a decent looking one

Thanks!!!
That was a good idea for medicom/ss swap. Can't swap suits--wouldn't be to restore to normal.

Yea, big difference in body size--I spoke with sideshow sales team manager when batman went on sale. I asked them about the possible differences in body size and shape. He spoke with someone in the office, and replied," Batman is bigger because he has to workout, superman doesn't have to. In what universe is batman bigger then superman? And why are we paying $200 for 1/6 figures with single jointed elbows? If Sideshow makes any more 1\6 figures without good ankle articulation(figure can't stand on its own without stand), and NO DOUBLE JOINTED ELBOWS, I won't be purchasing it.

He looks good on the Batman body. Unfortunately the thought of paying $200 for this and then another $50-$80 for another body and then to have to mod it all over (which would go horribly I'm sure) and then either restitch the shorts or buy new ones to have an acceptable Superman is mindblogging. For those who mod and screw with their figures all the time I'm sure it's a hiccup but for me I open, pose and am done. I barely futz unless it's super needed so for me SSC is leaving me a big gap in their line up because I'll be waiting for another Superman that will hopefully fit in with this.

The Superman body though looks like it'll be multifunctional, not only with DCU heroes like Flash or Green Lantern but I wouldn't mind Spider-Man on that body for the eventual Marvel figures.

The shot with him next to Batman stock is funny though, he looks like something out of Flashpoint.

gs.jpg

I am glad there are people happy with it, hopefully we get a variant here with the Batman body. I'd even simply take the darker blue suit variant we see from time to time.

Superman_0073.jpg

Back