SSC The Joker 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He already did a pretty good homicidal clown in IT.

pennywise.jpg

Yeah, and he was the original Joker in Batman the animated series, but they thought his voice was too creepy and scary for a kids cartoon , so they gave Mark Hamill the role because he had a more friendly voice. :)

Tim Curry does know how to be creepy I feel he could have played him in a movie but now he is too old so we missed that chance.

His laughs were controlled I wonder if he were to go absolutely bonkers what his laugh would really be like. He is a true character actor so you know his joker would really be insane and creepy is part of joker. Warner was just being to political most kids watching were in their tweens they could have handled it nor at least given him the role for the brave and bold voice over.

I don't like to speak ill of the dead but heath ledger as joker totally didn't see that coming and it made me not like watching the dark knight, I wanted someone really more animated and alive and truly off the deep end like an actor that was alittle like jack Nicholas and mark Hamill wraped into one.

facial wise Matthew Lillard could play joker if he can pull of an insane laugh, we already know he can be creepy,nuts and fluctuate the high peeks in his voice but no one has really heard a not acting laughter. he might need to loose weight because he has bulked up recently but he is really tall and he was thin enough to play shaggy. Warner would be in their best interest to have him play the Joker.

matthew-lillard-house.jpg

Last edited:
Tim Curry does know how to be creepy I feel he could have played him in a movie but now he is too old so we missed that chance.

His laughs were controlled I wonder if he were to go absolutely bonkers what his laugh would really be like. He is a true character actor so you know his joker would really be insane and creepy is part of joker. Warner was just being to political most kids watching were in their tweens they could have handled it nor at least given him the role for the brave and bold voice over.

Yeah, he's too old now for a live action film, but I would like to see him in one of those DCU animated films. If they ever make the Killing Joke, I think I would prefer Hamill...maybe DiMaggio, but Tim Curry would be an interesting choice, although I don't think his voice goes well with the how the joker looks in the killing joke( the art style/design of the character I mean)

Yikes, that might be a dealbreaker for me. I'm not one to mess around with figures so if it does not stand properly out of the box that's a little disappointing.

Wish they'd reveal their Batman so I know if I need to get this guy or not. He seems like a pretty good figure, but I find it pointless to own just him.

mine wasn't to bad only the ankle joints were loose on mine so iguess it depends on what you get. mine I had to really try to bend his knees they were that tight.

Yikes, that might be a dealbreaker for me. I'm not one to mess around with figures so if it does not stand properly out of the box that's a little disappointing.

At $190 that is outrageous..like the HT TF Batman ankle issues......!!!!

Wish they'd reveal their Batman so I know if I need to get this guy or not. He seems like a pretty good figure, but I find it pointless to own just him.
If I were to get Joker and didn't like their first Batman, I'd just wait for the eventual next Batman no matter how long it would be
How'd they get him to stand so nice in those SS pics? Glue on his feet?
With it being a proto, I'm sure it didn't have the knee issue. Most likely it was something that happened during the production process

Does anyone know if the hands, feet, and neck fit on a Hot Toys body w/o any modifications?

Not exactly perfect because the joint is sligthy big for a slim and if you use the true type wrist joints on the hands you will need to epoxy a thicker ball on end so the hands will stay firm on there. So your better off trying to make joint smaller with sanding on the sideshow model's joints.

the pegs for the feet look like CM toys type but shoes will work with the peg for hot toys with some futzing. If I were you use the long pegs so he doesn't look short next to batman because TT slim is .75" shy of 12"

Not exactly perfect because the joint is sligthy big for a slim and if you use the true type wrist joints on the hands you will need to epoxy a thicker ball on end so the hands will stay firm on there. So your better off trying to make joint smaller with sanding on the sideshow model's joints.

the pegs for the feet look like CM toys type but shoes will work with the peg for hot toys with some futzing. If I were you use the long pegs so he doesn't look short next to batman because TT slim is .75" shy of 12"

Thanks! Appreciate the help before I buy this figure

Got my Joker.
First thing I did is ditched the pro body. I hate that body.

I used a ZCWO slim body, pretty much a copy of the slim but you can buy some loose on TOY ANXIETY for 29$.

I used HT long feet pegs and ht small hands joints. Overall I like the proportions much better.

I gave him the dc direct smiling fish.

Next step is repainting the head and put the jacket.

P1090029_zpsba7b808b.jpg

nice work elvis I thought the hand pegs would work with the zc world body aren't they the same style?

Last edited:
Back