SSC The Joker 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I struggled with it but I ultimately cancelled mine. I figured it was going to set me back $220 after shipping and tax to Canada, and that was using a $25 off coupon code.

The problems with the knees, excessive orange/pink on the face and quality of the shirt/tie really turned me off. The body swap seems like it would be easy enough but I had no interest in spending another $50 or $60 to get a slim TT. It's an almost home run, but the problems it has were enough for me to say no.

I think this was a good call. I know a lot of people are loving this guy but after spending plenty of time with the figure Ive decided I just don't like it, for me its way too flawed for that pricetag.
I love that he comes with so many extras and I like where the sculpt is headed even if it doesn't quite get there but I very much dislike the paintjob and the clothing is too doll-like, the body (knees) goes without saying. If this guy had been $130 Id be fine with it but when his pricetag is almost right alongside HT figures like Red Skull etc... I expect more. Id been looking forward to this line for so long and was so excited, for me it was a huge let down.
Personal opinion is all, I hope the line continues and improves.

The paint could be better, and the body has problems, but "doll like" clothing doesn't seem fair to me. The jacket's just a little rumpled at first. With a little work, I love the outfit.

IMG_6647.jpg

The paint could be better, and the body has problems, but "doll like" clothing doesn't seem fair to me. The jacket's just a little rumpled at first. With a little work, I love the outfit.

IMG_6647.jpg

The outfit was made by kato right ?

That's an awesome pic of the fig Mag! It really shows the potential of this figure once the futzing/modification has been completed.

Yes. The costuming was co-designed by Kato:

SSCs said:
Artists:
Kat Sapene (Paint), Paul Harding (Sculpt), Michael Norman (Sculpt), Kato (Costume Fabrication), Kevin Ellis (Costume Fabrication), Joe Allard (Design), Tom Gilliland (Design), The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team

Last edited:
He looks great there!
I don't know how else to describe my impression of it other than doll-like, something about that shirt and vest just seemed like it could have been done better, maybe some more stitching to give it more detail or something? That's just how it read to me.

And just look at how much pinkish-orange paint is on that face! Why not a pale grey instead, the all white face is one of the main trademarks of the Joker!
Meh. It doesn't matter anyways, like I said Im hoping the line does well and Im not "done" with it by any means.

Well, the tailoring on this doesn't seem doll like to me at all, especially when compared to the old DC Direct figure.

IMG_6621.jpg

[Look how bowlegged he looks here before I did the knee mod...]

I think the DC Direct Joker is a great figure. Especially for the $70 or so that it cost.

13inJoker5.jpg

13inJoker2.jpg

13inJoker6.jpg

13inJoker1.jpg

Last edited:
he would have made a very interesting joker but I don't think he could do the laugh

Well, the tailoring on this doesn't seem doll like to me at all, especially when compared to the old DC Direct figure.

IMG_6621.jpg

[Look how bowlegged he looks here before I did the knee mod...]

Im not one to usually pick out stuff, but that is the first thing that drew my attention.

I may pick this guy up once my miller bats is complete think they would look pretty cool together.

Sweet mother MaCree! I Just got my VAT bill from Fed Ex, £38.00. Which means that this figure has now cost me a grand total of £178.00 the equivalent of $285.44 :horror:horror:horror

I hate living in the UK :(

The weather sucks too!

lol and wow that was both funny as hell and sad at same time. that is soooo super expensive like a 100 dollars extra. I feel bad for you guys in UK. now you know how people in USA feel when we buy European stuff. if I buy something from UK it's like double the cost and then you have to pay a boat load just to ship it 1st class, priority would be murder.

china owns the world that's why stuff in Hong Kong is cheap (aside from hot toys) and shipping seems to cost less than Europe. But for anyone from Europe aor USA go to live their then they want this crazy amt of money just to rent a box they call a room.

Back