SSC The Joker 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:rotfl

Sexy pics. :cool:

2mra0jm.jpg

240zxab.jpg

Excellent posing there. Well done.

Yes. The originals came damaged.

The shirt is missing a button. The vest has a broken snap button and the jacket's lapel tips looks like a blind seamstress put them together.

****, is this common? I didn't examine the one I ordered just put it away for an xmas present.

What all has been missing and what's messed up ?

I don't think this is a common problem...I just got a dud. The only real common problem I've read about is the face paint being overly pink, the clothes needing excessive futzing and the knees being stiff & rubbery.

Held this figure in my hands today while at DCC: Fan days and it is very impressive for sure. More tempted than before to pick this up. Whenever the next coupon it's, I will probably get it.

Also, very nice repaint Elvis :clap if I were to get this, I plan on doing a similar repaint along with some sculpting to the hair

hey Elvis is that titanium white for face and crimson for lip?
is it the flash or did you remove the dark bags under eyes.

I think what gave it that heavy pink was that SS may have thought it was face paint on a human face and in comics it was a chemical reaction all over. so they gave him warm shading instead of cool. when doig whit you want to stick to cool colors like blue and blue-violet cast.

I see the lips are really really dark nearly black like Harley's lipstick is in hers the highlights are crimson. I don't thik SSC did that I'LL have to double check. I think I will make an attempt to correct his face myself if not just to make the lips the right color. I also wish his hair was a brighter green in the highlight I may do that as well. I really don't know why ears are kinda peachy in color

Last edited:
Idk. Looks like an attempt by the factory to capture the red capillary effect that you see in artist's work like Small Studios. I wondered if he did the prototype and the factory just blew the effect.

Gave my Joker a repaint. THe paint was really sloppy and he was completely pink. The lips were too dark and they eyes misaligned.

That's a fantastic repaint Seb, but did you try shading the brow similar to how you have the eyes shaded, or would that look weird in grey?

That's one thing I like about the pink paint on the stock paint job. It really makes the furrowed brow stand out.

hey Elvis is that titanium white for face and crimson for lip?
is it the flash or did you remove the dark bags under eyes.

I think what gave it that heavy pink was that SS may have thought it was face paint on a human face and in comics it was a chemical reaction all over. so they gave him warm shading instead of cool. when doig whit you want to stick to cool colors like blue and blue-violet cast.

I see the lips are really really dark nearly black like Harley's lipstick is in hers the highlights are crimson. I don't thik SSC did that I'LL have to double check. I think I will make an attempt to correct his face myself if not just to make the lips the right color. I also wish his hair was a brighter green in the highlight I may do that as well. I really don't know why ears are kinda peachy in color

I did a complete repaint so yes the bags are also repainted. The white isn't pure white. It's mixed with a touch of light grey.

That's a fantastic repaint Seb, but did you try shading the brow similar to how you have the eyes shaded, or would that look weird in grey?

That's one thing I like about the pink paint on the stock paint job. It really makes the furrowed brow stand out.

Yes I see what you mean, I still have a few touch up to add like adding a bit more contrast in the brow and also repaint the neck.

But damn mine was a mess. He was almost all pink, the eye were mis-aligned, the hair line was also sloppy as hell.

Read full review here -
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/blog.php?b=766

Sideshow's 1st DC Comics 1/6 action figure - the Clown Prince of Crime - JOKER!

Sideshow Collectibles launches their much anticipated and long awaited line of DC Comics 1/6 figures with The Joker.

joke15.jpg

DC Comics 12 inch have long been much desired by the 1/6 hobby community and the Batman movie figures from Hot Toys have been some of the most successful 1/6 ever released. A few years ago DC Direct did a line of high end mixed media action figures, but they greatly disappointed collectors by going with a 13 inch base figure, just large enough that they didn’t fit in with the rest of our 1/6 lines.

Now Sideshow is prepared to meet demand with hopefully a long line of DC characters. The designs on these figures aren't from movies or exact interpretations of specific artist’s styles for each character, but are an amalgam that gets to the heart of what makes each character iconic. Hot Toys is great at producing 1/6 figures that look like they leapt off the movie screen, but when it comes to creating unique designs based on 2-dimensional source material – Sideshow has demonstrated a unique expertise.

As they've shown with their GI Joe line, they can really deliver when interpreting classic characters in a more realistic format. Some people may think they went too far in “real-izing” some of the GI Joe characters, but you can’t argue that they took artistic chances – bringing a real flair and professional sense of design to established and beloved characters.
Now with DC they can do it again – creating well-known super heroes and villains but addressing the challenges of bringing a flat comic character into 3 dimensions. I don’t think anyone would argue that Joker isn't wildly successful in that regard.

joke2.gif

Jokerpalooza!
joke17.jpg

joker8.jpg

joke3.jpg

Back