Premium Format SSC Thor PF and Destroyer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say more 1/5 because this statue makes the 1/6 Thor look a fair bit smaller than this picture does.

Destroyer-2.jpg

What will you buy instead?

Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya or those cutie gundams. (We call that SD gundam in Chinese, not sure how it is called in English.) I do feel like, playing those things are more affordable. I cancel Nick Fury Com and Angel Com, instead I got like 12 boxes of toys, which contains all my childhood memory. (Let's be frank, most children in Hong Kong have been strongly affected by Japanese Culture.)

I am a shopaholic, it is without a doubt, at a price of 1, I can buy like crazy at local stores, it is an entirely different experience. When you buy statues, you pay, then you play the waiting game. But like chasing statues for 11 month, I have a lot of Japanese Toys in the market for me to discovery and to be amazed. So I used 3 days shopping non stop in Hong Kong, it is fun.

Furthermore, in this month and 2, SSC's statues, to be honest, no longer surprise me; it seems like they are too lazy in posting new statue or they are just looking for a right time to pour everything out.
Concerning Custom Statue, I do like them, I still have 3 statues paid at Andre and 1 statue Jay said has been locked at local custom. As much as I like custom statues, my heart is now taken by those small toys. I have emailed Andre, asking if he wants to do the Iron Hamburgular with me, if I dont hear from him soon, I might have use the money I reserve otherwise.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Fantastic pictures it looks really good. I'm impressed if the lights flicker that looked great on the statue on the Thor bluray. Congrats on an awesome statue

Thanks!

Congrats Turtle. Kinda of wish it was chrome or had another tone of silver in it though.

I would love the chrome myself. But I think after the T800 chrome issues, SS will probably never issue another chrome finished item. Too much of a QC issue on their part.

That came out freaking great. :rock

:rock

looks really good, I thought the paint would be flat with no gloss. Cool piece, but with such a simple paint app, the price is too high imo.

I think SS tried to replicate the black chrome finish and thus the glossy finish.

Thanks for the awesome pics turtle!!! I cannot wait to recieve him now!!!

No problem. Post pics when you get it.

Congrats turtle, can we get some pics next to Marvel PFs? Cheers!

Sorry but all Marvel PF's are still boxed up.

Looks killer thanks Turtle, I just wish SS had lit the chest up like in the bigger Legacy one and not just the eyes.

That would be awesome.

Wow this statue can't get here soon enough. Thanks for the pics. :rock

No problem!

Congrats Turtle
If I get this, I had to get the Thor
But I am waiting for SS 1:2 scale Thor.

Not sure what I will do, but your pics have tempted me, thanks alot buddy! :gah:

Get it Alex! You have too. It's too cool to resist. I am glad I was able to tempt you. Just returning the favor from all the awesome pictures you have posted.

SS is releasing a 1:2 Thor? Are you in on the 1:2 Movie Thor group commission?

Looks pretty good but the light looks pretty dim.
Hopefully that's just because it's in a bright room. :pray:

I think it's the flickering bulb. Really hard to capture the lighting but it is relatively bright. And the room was pretty bright.

Killer photos @turtle

Thanks!

Yeah you're right.
Still not that big difference bcoz its THE DESTROYER! :rock

:rock:rock:rock

Fantastic pics. This piece turned out great.

And a fantastic collection you have there, as well as the house to display said collection.

Statue looks cool, a little small in my opinion and the paint finish looks to simple.

If I got this, I would have it sandblasted and repaint it to give it the same finish it had in the moive. Shouldnt be very hard to reproduce.

Chris

You lead the way and i will follow.

LoL..im debating ordering this just to try it. I showed my painter the pics from the movie for the paint finish I wanted. He says it should be relatively simple as he's painted car wheels the same hyper grey color. Its a 3 stage paint application process to get the look destroyer has in the movie. The factory paint from SS has metallic in it, which it shouldnt if they wanted to make it look like bare metal.

IMG_6064.jpg

Chris

Back