Premium Format SSC Thor PF and Destroyer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good looking piece, but aside from the paint concerns I also don't like how they did the spikes, they seem to be very dull and some appear almost to be filed down or not consistant. Just a small detail, but still something that would bug me if I owned this, along with the small 1/6ish size.

LoL..im debating ordering this just to try it. I showed my painter the pics from the movie for the paint finish I wanted. He says it should be relatively simple as he's painted car wheels the same hyper grey color. Its a 3 stage paint application process to get the look destroyer has in the movie. The factory paint from SS has metallic in it, which it shouldnt if they wanted to make it look like bare metal.

IMG_6064.jpg

Chris

Do it Chris. I definitely want to see the repaint. I bet it'll look awesome.

LoL..im debating ordering this just to try it. I showed my painter the pics from the movie for the paint finish I wanted. He says it should be relatively simple as he's painted car wheels the same hyper grey color. Its a 3 stage paint application process to get the look destroyer has in the movie. The factory paint from SS has metallic in it, which it shouldnt if they wanted to make it look like bare metal.

IMG_6064.jpg

Chris

I wish I knew your painter! :love
Why do you have to live in Canada Chris?

Nobody else got this one yet??? Was hoping for atleast a lil excitement on this thread geesh.
Same here. I flexed Destroyer, so it's gonna be a little while. I was hoping to see way more pics of him. There have been some good ones so far, but there is no such thing as too many pics. Let's get it on, brothers and sisters!!!

When are SS shipping these? My last payment is on the 15th and i'm hoping to get it before xmas. :pray:

Same here. I flexed Destroyer, so it's gonna be a little while. I was hoping to see way more pics of him. There have been some good ones so far, but there is no such thing as too many pics. Let's get it on, brothers and sisters!!!

Amen to that Barbarian! And of course your pics are always eagerly awaited on. How you been man? The joint ain't the same without you.:wave

When are SS shipping these? My last payment is on the 15th and i'm hoping to get it before xmas. :pray:
You could call and pay it off early, then it would be shipped shortly after that. Some folks have obviously already received theirs.
Amen to that Barbarian! And of course your pics are always eagerly awaited on. How you been man? The joint ain't the same without you.:wave
Thanks, divo! I've been pretty alright, brother. Busy as heck and happy to be working so much. Hope you're doing well too. :wave

As much as I want to like it - The pose is wrong, and it bugs me. This is the movie destroyer, and nowhere in the movie he's so dynamic. The maquette is posed like a Superhero would. The movie destroyer is somewhat rigid, robotic. The most he moves is in the pic below, and that's how they should have made him.
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BydY40SCsXM/TdQqwMxzVeI/AAAAAAAAA3U/JVhNkkJ-vPY/s1600/Destroyer-2.jpghttps://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BydY40SCsXM/TdQqwMxzVeI/AAAAAAAAA3U/JVhNkkJ-vPY/s1600/Destroyer-2.jpg

As much as I want to like it - The pose is wrong, and it bugs me. This is the movie destroyer, and nowhere in the movie he's so dynamic. The maquette is posed like a Superhero would. The movie destroyer is somewhat rigid, robotic. The most he moves is in the pic below, and that's how they should have made him.
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BydY40SCsXM/TdQqwMxzVeI/AAAAAAAAA3U/JVhNkkJ-vPY/s1600/Destroyer-2.jpghttps://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BydY40SCsXM/TdQqwMxzVeI/AAAAAAAAA3U/JVhNkkJ-vPY/s1600/Destroyer-2.jpg

Did you forget about the back hand to Thor scene?

Did you forget about the back hand to Thor scene?

He still stands straight up, both legs are straight, and even on the ground. His other arm kept close to the body. Essentially, He never changes his pose much, even with the slap, and surely doesn't look like he's about to throw a grenade, or maybe take off and fly away.

You could call and pay it off early, then it would be shipped shortly after that. Some folks have obviously already received theirs.
They could have got theirs from a shop that already has stock though? Josh said they aren't shipping until the 22nd and my last payment is the 15th so i'm good. :yess:

Yeah, you can pay it off early. I don't think it starts shipping until the 22nd.

Oh well it'll be after xmas now.

See this is where SSC can never win! If they put him in a straight pose you'd have had people in here saying his pose is boring etc so they put him in this pose and people say the pose is wrong. They can never please everyone.

I like this pose but my brother thinks it would have been better the way you would like it as well. :lol

See this is where SSC can never win! If they put him in a straight pose you'd have had people in here saying his pose is boring etc so they put him in this pose and people say the pose is wrong. They can never please everyone.

I like this pose but my brother thinks it would have been better the way you would like it as well. :lol

I usually like what sideshow does, but in this pose, he looks like a human.
He wouldn't be boring in a movie accurate pose - See Robocop or C-3PO for example. Standing upright, somewhat rigid, but no one would call them boring.
Look at the Stan Winston upcoming destroyer - That is a pose a MOVIE destroyer would look great in.
But what's done - Done. He is out, and sadly, we will not be getting him.
legacy-effects-thor-destroyer-iron-man-mark-3-1-statue.jpg

Back