Premium Format SSC Thor PF and Destroyer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3D effects? Isn't the whole movie the effect?

Guess you haven't seen a "real" 3D movie. Objects coming towards you etc.....
I didn't remember any of that with Thor. Anyways Thor was not a "real" 3D movie just like Clash of the Titans.

Don't waste money seeing it in 3D.

The movie needs to be filmed in 3D to fully maximize the effect! Tron Legacy was one that stands out to be it. The other movie I remember seeing in theatres was Avatar.

I didn't remember any of that with Thor. Anyways Thor was not a "real" 3D movie just like Clash of the Titans.

Nah, the objects flying towards you is more of a gimmick thing than anything.

Being shot in 3D would be optimal but I liked the 3D in the movie.

Fuzzy is right that the stuff flying towards you is mostly a gimmick, the purpose of a good 3d movie is has a ton of depth (in scenes that call for it) so the whole scene feels more alive. Most movies don't pull this off well.

Saw it yesterday in 3D. Great movie! My advice is to see it in 2D, there wasn't enough separation to really get lost in it compared to something like, Avatar.

Tron was a disappointment for me in 3d. I want the majority of the movie to be in 3d, otherwise pass.

Fuzzy is right that the stuff flying towards you is mostly a gimmick, the purpose of a good 3d movie is has a ton of depth (in scenes that call for it) so the whole scene feels more alive. Most movies don't pull this off well.

I don't agree that the depth makes a difference....not for an extra 2-3pounds anyways. A movie like Avatar didn't have gimmicks like flying objects but still felt like a 3D movie. Thor was a disappointment. Loved the movie but hated the 3D effects. Will definitely be seeing Captain America in 2D.

Back