Premium Format SSC Thor PF and Destroyer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, for a NRD piece, selling out fast means it's going to be pretty popular from the outset. : ) Rogue PF for instance.

NRD just keeps people from ordering to order. It selling out quickly or a little slowly with it just means it sold out. I've seen pretty popular pieces that took a while to sell out and that sold out quickly. Time determines whats popular and whats not.

NRD just keeps people from ordering to order. It selling out quickly or a little slowly with it just means it sold out. I've seen pretty popular pieces that took a while to sell out and that sold out quickly. Time determines whats popular and whats not.

Yep and if something sells out fast WITH NRD, it's guranteed doing very well : )

That NRD hurts, it's the only reason I haven't canceled the Thor PF yet :lol

That NRD hurts, it's the only reason I haven't canceled the Thor PF yet :lol

Its there to make sure you want it for sure when you order. Otherwise you take the hit.

Yep and if something sells out fast WITH NRD, it's guranteed doing very well : )

Really guaranteed huh? How long have you been collecting high end stuff? I can think of plenty of pieces before NRD of course that didn't start off popular, took a while to sell out, and then couldn't be had for cheap. All, the NRD is supposed to do is determine that if you order and you cancel you're willing to pay the piper.

Really guaranteed huh? How long have you been collecting high end stuff? I can think of plenty of pieces before NRD of course that didn't start off popular, took a while to sell out, and then couldn't be had for cheap. All, the NRD is supposed to do is determine that if you order and you cancel you're willing to pay the piper.

No idea how any of your response has any bearing whatsoever on what I just wrote.

Note that there is nothing in it about:

1. NON NRD pieces
2. How long one has been collecting
3. Pieces taking a long time selling out not doing well eventually

Your post does not even address anything in mine? :dunno Please reread my post. Do you feel that things that sell out fast WITH a non-refundable deposit are not doing well? If so please, elaborate.

No idea how any of your response has any bearing whatsoever on what I just wrote.

Note that there is nothing in it about:

1. NON NRD pieces
2. How long one has been collecting
3. Pieces taking a long time selling out not doing well eventually

Your post does not even address anything in mine? :dunno Please reread my post. Do you feel that things that sell out fast WITH a non-refundable deposit are not doing well? If so please, elaborate.

I read your post just fine. The point of my post was an NRD doesn't mean squat as to how a piece will do. That time will determine what pieces do well and what pieces don't.

I was asking how long you've been doing this because you said that a quick sell through with an NRD means somethings popular. My point to that was I would expect someone who has only been collecting this stuff on the short term to say that this guaranteed it was popular. I guess I should have angled it saying yes popular right now but not necessarily over the long term.

We may be looking at popularity totally different. I think you're looking at it in the right now and I'm looking at it in the long term. Thats why I'm saying it selling out "quick" with an NRD or not really doesn't mean a ton. It being well received by the collecting community and doing well on the secondary market down the road shows how popular a piece "really" is.

I read your post just fine. The point of my post was an NRD doesn't mean squat as to how a piece will do. That time will determine what pieces do well and what pieces don't.

I was asking how long you've been doing this because you said that a quick sell through with an NRD means somethings popular. My point to that was I would expect someone who has only been collecting this stuff on the short term to say that this guaranteed it was popular. I guess I should have angled it saying yes popular right now but not necessarily over the long term.

Sure it does, if someone puts down a 10% non-refundable deposit means they are quite serious about the piece, and if 100% of it sells out FAST, that piece is doing well. Even if there are cancellations Sideshow already has the 10% and it's shows the piece is a popular one at the start.

This has nothing to do with non-NRD piece or even long term-popularity of any piece at all. Lastly, NRD just started so anything pre-nrd has no bearing, and is a whole different topic.

I just want a simple answer to this question: "If a piece sells out fast during NRD, is it popular from the start?"

Yes or No. Pretty clearcut answer.

Last edited:
Sure it does, if someone puts down a 10% non-refundable deposit means they are quite serious about the piece, and if 100% of it sells out that piece is doing well. Even if there are cancellations Sideshow already has the 10% and it's shows the piece is a popular one at the start.

This has nothing to do with non-NRD piece or their popularity whatsoever or even long term-popularity of any piece at all. Lastly, NRD just started so anything pre-nrd has nothing to do with NRD at all and is a whole different topic.

I agree that it selling out even with a NRD means it has a chance to be popular. I also agree that if you put down 10% you are probably fairly serious about buying an item. All it selling out "quickly" with an NRD means is you had people quicker than others willing to put their money in.

Popularity has many factors I guess is what I was trying to get at. NRD is a part now but its not a big factor in the large scheme of things.

I agree that it selling out even with a NRD means it has a chance to be popular. I also agree that if you put down 10% you are probably fairly serious about buying an item. All it selling out "quickly" with an NRD means is you had people quicker than others willing to put their money in.

Popularity has many factors I guess is what I was trying to get at. NRD is a part now but its not a big factor in the large scheme of things.

Well I feel that if something sell out during NRD period very fast, it's bodes well down the road for it's popularity as well. For instance, I think the Rogue PF and Optimus prime Ex will do very well down the road just judging by how fast hey sold out.

If popularity is based on secondary market value those 2 already have done very well and I feel will continue to.

To me popularity and NRD fast sellout is a direct proportional relationship.

I just want a simple answer to this question: "If a piece sells out fast during NRD, is it popular from the start?"

Yes or No. Pretty clearcut answer.

What do you determine as fast?

Why are people buying it? Is it something with a super small ES that people feel they can flip or just a super small ES? Those two pieces can make it popular NRD or not.

Is it a look people have really really been looking for? The Jim Lee stuff like Rogue is something people have been wanting for quite a long time.

If something sells out quick (within a few hours) with a NRD then yes I guess you can say its more "popular" from the start than others.

Well I feel that if something sell out during NRD period very fast, it's bodes well down the road for it's popularity as well. For instance, I think the Rogue PF and Optimus prime Ex will do very well down the road just judging by how fast hey sold out.

If popularity is based on secondary market value those 2 already have done very well and I feel will continue to.

To me popularity and NRD fast sellout is a direct proportional relationship.

Then we are on totally different sides. Its the piece itself that forms its popularity is where I'm at. The NRD doesn't factor in much other than it makes sure those ordering are fairly certain they want something.

What do you determine as fast?

Why are people buying it? Is it something with a super small ES that people feel they can flip or just a super small ES? Those two pieces can make it popular NRD or not.

Is it a look people have really really been looking for? The Jim Lee stuff like Rogue is something people have been wanting for quite a long time.

If something sells out quick (within a few hours) with a NRD then yes I guess you can say its more "popular" from the start than others.

As fast as Rogue pf or Optimus Prime.

As fast as Rogue pf or Optimus Prime.

How fast did they sell out?

Prime has an ES of 150. It was popular because of the character, the look (which is amazing in person), and the ES.

Rogue is popular because people have been asking for Jim Lee X-Men for years, Ex has a decent ES, and the Ex is the sculpt done on Lee's design.

People wanted those two so badly the NRD was a second thought I'm sure.

Pretty much, they were popular. All those attributes factor into that, even NRD being a second thought. So since you said those two were popular, that extends to any fixed ES NRD piece that sells as fast?

Wow, the Josh is very boring when he explains his theories on SideShow product, mainly NRD logistics and the economic breakdown of them.

Pretty much, they were popular. All those attributes factor into that, even NRD being a second thought. So since you said those two were popular, that extends to any fixed ES NRD piece that sells as fast?

If people want the piece bad enough, is something they have been wanting for years, or just has a small ES (thinking turning it quickly for a profit) they will order it. The NRD just means they put some of their chips in. I think the NRD only factors into those who are on the fence when it really comes down to it. Those that really want it are hyped for it and thats where the popularity of a piece starts when it goes up.

Side note where you and I agree is if there is a NRD we should know the ES when it goes up.

Back