Premium Format SSC Thor PF and Destroyer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing that pic of the destroyer with the chest light i have become angry at SSC.

To me it seems like they said 'the chest light is too hard, lets cut it from the statue, but keep the price the same'

If they have to cut something before showing the item, then they should destroy the images of what the customer isnt gonna get. Otherwise, its a tease of something that couldve been.

Same with the lighted base on Neytiri.

Yeah after seeing how awesome this piece could have been, i couldn't agree more. I'm not trying to bash the destroyer in anyway just now i realize what it could have been and find myself even more dissapointed.

:lol "I DEMAND A FULL REFUND!" :mad:
Sorry, but that made me laugh. I don't think you'll have to be so demanding. Sideshow is great about returns. You will have to pay return shipping though, if the only reason being is that you don't dig it.

To date I've never been disappointed in a Sideshow product. That being said, the SDCC images of Destroyer do not look good, especially comparing them to the product reveal images. THEN...after seeing what might have been?...well, I'm afraid this may well be the first piece I send back for a refund; more because of the paint than anything else.

To date I've never been disappointed in a Sideshow product. That being said, the SDCC images of Destroyer do not look good, especially comparing them to the product reveal images. THEN...after seeing what might have been?...well, I'm afraid this may well be the first piece I send back for a refund.
I've done it and never looked back. If I you don't feel the piece, you just plain don't feel it. You can't force yourself to dig it, ya know?

After seeing that pic of the destroyer with the chest light i have become angry at SSC.

To me it seems like they said 'the chest light is too hard, lets cut it from the statue, but keep the price the same'

If they have to cut something before showing the item, then they should destroy the images of what the customer isnt gonna get. Otherwise, its a tease of something that couldve been.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Sounds like a valid reason to cancel and get your NRD back if you want.

Didn't what Chicky say about getting the NRD back only apply to the ES of the piece? Not sure you'll get it back because a special statue made for the director had different lighting.

Didn't what Chicky say about getting the NRD back only apply to the ES of the piece? Not sure you'll get it back because a special statue made for the director had different lighting.

Thats the way i understand it as well Josh, its not as if the pictures you where shown when you hit the order button where of the alternate light destroyer.

That was just one instance, doesn't hurt to try. I got NRD back for Warmachine 1:1 because the lighting was off in the gallery pics.

They make exceptions on a case by case basis:

My reply was worded this way to outline that we have to have some guidelines when we review our customer requests.

Do you refund NRDs because someone thought there would be 50 pcs less in an edition? Or is it more reasonable if the edition size is a thousand pcs more than they expected? Is it reasonable to refund based on a cancellation of an exclusive item because someone is upset about the edition size of the regular version which they HAVEN'T even pre-ordered? Just from this thread you can see how these few examples start to become complicated.

We had a customer request to cancel all of his orders because he didn't want them carrying radiation from the Japanese nuclear plant into his home. Odd because we do not produce in Japan but we did cancel his orders, refunded his NRDs, all of his in progress FLEX payments, etc. and closed his account. One month later he wanted to order up the DC items that were being offered, coming from the same area of origin.

The overall point of my post was that if there are valid concerns our customer service does review and address them, which I believe is what the original issue the thread voiced.

Thats the way i understand it as well Josh, its not as if the pictures you where shown when you hit the order button where of the alternate light destroyer.

Right what they sold was different. The did the same thing with one of the Iron Man pieces and gave a special light up version to RDJ. So its not like what I understand chicky to have meant in her post. They're amazing people over at SS so they might do it once, but I wouldn't get hacked if they said no since this is a totally different issue.

I guess you could make a more 'valid' complaint that there was residual radiation. :lol Oh wait... that's just silly and yet they refunded his NRD. They are very nice.

I guess you could make a more 'valid' complaint that there was residual radiation. :lol Oh wait... that's just silly and yet they refunded his NRD. They are very nice.

I'm almost incline to ask for my NRD on both Thor & Cap Movie PFs back. There's certain part i like about it & there are certain things I hate. The hate are both awkward poses. I however want the Avengers Movie PF..... Damn what to do :gah:

I once had to cancel some flex pay items in a short period of time, they waived the first but on another they told me they could only reverse one within a certain 6 month period

Back