STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesus, semantics man. They are still in the same category. Shrek was computer animation while some of the old cartoons were hand drawn. They are still an animated film. I wasn't going to break down every single style :slap

It might be the same "category" but it is completely different, in terms of being physically shot. Considering 3D was being discussed.

Saw the movie yesterday with my dad and some friends. 2 of my friends never saw the Star Wars movies but the other one is a bog fan like me.
I have to say I enjoyed the movie and it looked great on the big screen (only saw ROTS in the cinema's). Afterwards one of my friends asked:
"Where was Darth Vader?" :rotfl
So far George failed to tell the story to people that never saw the movies but know the caracters in it.

The same guy also said that he thought... well don't know if I can say this here so:
he thought Jar Jar was cool

But back to the movie itself. It was awesome to see it on the big screen, But the 3D failed to impres. One of the only cool 3D scenes was when the Battle Droids are being activated in the battle with the gungans...

Can't wait to see ROTS, ANH, TESB & ROTJ in the cinema...

me and my son went to see this yesterday..13yr old son wasnt impressed with the 3D,, and told me he doesnt want to get the blu ray 3D when its released,our current blu ray set is good enough

Unimpressed with the 3-D. There were a few scenes where it sort of worked. I would just assume see the rest of the re-releases in 2D.

Still great to know that all 6 movies will be on the big screen again.

3D was crap.

Batty ate all the popcorn.

Then got gassy.

Worst movie going experience ever!

Well, worst since Batty cried through the last hour of Titanic :monkey4

Took my kids today and we all enjoyed it, I LOVED CGI Yoda! 3D worked for me, not jumping off the screen stuff but gave a lot of depth to most of scenes. I'll go see it again at the dollar movie less the 3D and I'm definitely on board for the rest. I kept the cool glasses and snagged a few mini posters and our theater give unlimited refills on large popcorn and drinks!

I took my son to the 10 am screening today and was surprised that the large theater was packed. I'm not a fan of 3D films in general, but I have to admite when the 'Star Wars' text flew across the screen during the opening scroll I about nerdgasmed. Judging by the size and enthusiasm of the crowd it is fair to say that the overall discontentment towards this film has been grossly overstated by a select vocal few on the internet.

Actually Nightmare Before Christmas was stop-motion, not animated. Corpse Bride was animated.

Say what?! Corpse Bride was also stop motion. I don't know if it was enhanced with CGI, but it was primarily the same technique as Nightmare, just way more advanced.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t4I-DlCesw[/ame]

Just saw the film. All i wanted to say is that back in 1999 it was better. I wasnt impressed with 3D. Despite the fact that this isnt the best SW film i really enjoyed watching my favourite sith and hear the "duel of the fates" one more time in big screen

All I wanna know was, PODRACING. How was it? Cause honestly that's all I really want to see in 3D.

As everyone is saying, the 3d in the movie was in my opinion not well done. Really poor depth in certain scenes, nothing eye popping. Even the trailer for Madagascar 3 was 10x better.
The podracing was a serious let down.
Honestly given 3d is now standard amongst new televisions, wait until it comes out on 3d blu-ray to judge for yourself.

As everyone is saying, the 3d in the movie was in my opinion not well done. Really poor depth in certain scenes, nothing eye popping. Even the trailer for Madagascar 3 was 10x better.
Honestly given 3d is now standard amongst new televisions, wait until it comes out on 3d blu-ray to judge for yourself.

and pay even more for it than at the theatre??:slap

Thanks for the mini review. Even though TPM isn't my favorite I was looking to see it. I had my doubts though, I mean unconverted 3d usually looks bad. But I'm sort of saddened that lucas didn't push the envelope on the 3d. Then again I've never been a fan of 3d.

I saw it last night with my kids. I fell asleep during the podrace. The 3D looked good to me. Sure Madagascar trailer looked better but the trailer for John Hopkins (or whatever that movie is called) looked really REALLY dumb. That 3D looked like all the actors were paper dolls.

I enjoyed it over all.

This is showing in 2D at Warren theater about an hour from me. I may go see it there since I'm not a fan of 3D anyways and it sounds like the conversion on this didn't look to great.

Back