STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw Episode I in 3D on Friday with the little woman & some friends and we had a good time!

I was surprised to see a full house! When the movie started I felt like a kid again! :rock

When the movie started I cried knowing I had just paid to be molested by Boss Nadds again.

Last edited:
Here's an episode one related question, you might be able to help me with?
Did anyone every produce a high end version of the Naboo-Fighter?
Damn I love the design of it...

Naboo-Starfighter-Boston-Museum-of-Science.jpg

Thanks for the comments here..after reading the last few pages..I will not be seeing this tonight. Me and the wife were planning on it but you turned me...The only thing that was going to make me want to go was to see how ole Georgie did with 3D..by the sound of things he made the 3D to match the quality of the film....childish and vapid.

Actually the hasbro 4 inch scale version is pretty nice. Complete with lights and sounds. Although the canopy does not open correctly. It swings open upwards instead of sliding forward.

Wife and I enjoyed it.

It is what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

I am a 3D fanatic junky nut.

If it's in 3D, I ownz it.

92" 3D will do that to a person.

This 3D conversion, while not the worst, was still pretty flat.

Crap, I gave GL my money again! :slap

Only 92" ? Damn son, stop being cheap and buy yourself a big screen :lol

65" in the bedroom :panic:

Wife wants it out, says it looks like the sun is on all the time. :monkey2

I'll suffer having to watch a movie on a tiny 55" :horror

I'm the poor dude on the block. I only have a 52" in my bedroom :lol. But I have a 112" in my theater (projector).

A moderate opening weekend: $23 million.

Week two will be interesting; see if it endures past the initial group of die-hards.

If this fails, they're pulling the pin on doing the rest of the series in 3D.

Saying that, I haven't seen the 3D version, but reading the feedback doesn't make me want to rush and and lay down my cash.

Just got back. Fun to see this one again after 13 years. Some of it improved with age, some didn't.

For my part, the 3D looked pretty good. I was at an arclight. Took my glasses off several times and could see where they blurred the images, so in my theater it was not watchable without the glaases. The movies are always so much brighter without the glasses. The 3D is definitely a gimmick and not very impressive or necessary. But it did add something now and then.

I also really liked the pod race this time; grew tired of it back in the day.

Nute Gunray rocks with his cliche evil-asian accent.

Palps is always great on screen.

I was shocked just how little Darth Maul is in this movie. Seems I remember more to his scenes. He really does absolutely nothing until the big fight.

The kid sucked. Big time. Jar Jar sucked big time. And poor Natalie looked beautiful but sucked big time too.

Still, it follows the patterns of the OT more than two and three do. And the scope and beauty of the new worlds is impressive, something that also gets lost in two and three.

I actually don't mind Jake Lloyd. Like the other actors in these movies, he was given terrible dialog to deliver; I really don't think it was his fault. But the other kids and Warwick Davis as the fat little Rodian was cringe inducing.

Jar Jar and all the Gungans sucked. Here you have this huge and supposedly important battle that's turned into a farce by their antics. How is anyone supposed to take that seriously?

I will say the Battle Droids weren't the comic relief they become later on.

I actually don't mind Jake Lloyd. Like the other actors in these movies, he was given terrible dialog to deliver; I really don't think it was his fault. But the other kids and Warwick Davis as the fat little Rodian was cringe inducing.

Jar Jar and all the Gungans sucked. Here you have this huge and supposedly important battle that's turned into a farce by their antics. How is anyone supposed to take that seriously?

I will say the Battle Droids weren't the comic relief they become later on.

:exactly:

I wonder if the assault on Normandy had similar goofy funny moments.

I found myself wishing I had the skills (and time ) to make my own cut. If you edited out some of the jokes and the pod race ( sorry) and the Naboo fish and sh&t jar jar jokes and edited some of the details ( ie wining anakin in a game of chance?). You cOuld make a much improved film

Also as maul fell I thought that bloke is dead. ( see tcw- dead!!!!!!)

I found myself wishing I had the skills (and time ) to make my own cut. If you edited out some of the jokes and the pod race ( sorry) and the Naboo fish and sh&t jar jar jokes and edited some of the details ( ie wining anakin in a game of chance?). You cOuld make a much improved film

Also as maul fell I thought that bloke is dead. ( see tcw- dead!!!!!!)

So what you're saying is that your version of TPM would be just the Maul lightsaber scenes. :lol

I'm the poor dude on the block. I only have a 52" in my bedroom :lol. But I have a 112" in my theater (projector).

concerning tvs in the bedroom, i think it works the other way around... the larger the screen, the poorer the dude left watching it. much better things to do in the bedroom.

Back