Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, so lame! Does this mean the actual re-authored disc won't get an individual release??

TLJ new disc has HDR10 encode now not the DV from the first release.

Edit....

Wait the new disc is not in the new release wtf lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is all the info I know.. TLJ is the same thing as the original release.. Same cover art, same DV, and no HDR10. All the same accept for slip cover. Only the Box set has the new disc with HDR10.

So I bought the new one... Changed slip covers and took it back to the store :)

I don't know if they will release the other HDR10 version or not.

I don't know anything about Solo yet.

This is all the info I know.. TLJ is the same thing as the original release.. Same cover art, same DV, and no HDR10. All the same accept for slip cover. Only the Box set has the new disc with HDR10.

So I bought the new one... Changed slip covers and took it back to the store :)

I don't know if they will release the other HDR10 version or not.

I don't know anything about Solo yet.

https://youtu.be/772NKQjj1u4

Wow for close to two and a half years people have bitched and moaned about TLJ introducing this supposedly stupid concept of ships running out of fuel which is so un-Star Wars. And now here I am going through TCW in its entirety and lo and behold the Season 3 episode "Supply Lines" opens with a Republic Star Destroyer running of fuel, becoming dead in space, and getting destroyed.

Wow for close to two and a half years people have bitched and moaned about TLJ introducing this supposedly stupid concept of ships running out of fuel which is so un-Star Wars. And now here I am going through TCW in its entirety and lo and behold the Season 3 episode "Supply Lines" opens with a Republic Star Destroyer running of fuel, becoming dead in space, and getting destroyed.

Wait until you get to Season 4 episode 2 where all the jedi fly in space without a ship.

Lol infinity saga shouldn?t be compared to ST at all. ST failed to capture an audience and children while marvel destroyed the movie world with its groundbreaking universe. Kinda sad how Star Wars inspired all of it and now it?s way down at the bottom thanks to ST.

Only a small handful seem happy with it while the rest of the world moved on waiting for another marvel film.

Thank goodness companies see that the OT and PT is the only thing that sells and are rightfully making merchandise from those.

Personally I am Marveled out.. I really don't care what the next Marvel movie is. I still may be having Marvel Marathon fatigue from when I watched all of them over a few weeks leading up to EG.

Doesn't help that I don't think Marvel stuck the landing with EG either. :(

But I love having a SW channel. Its great. Its like a channel to my inner child.

I do go to the Marvel channel to catch some of the old cartoons I use to like.

Wait until you get to season 2 of Rebels. No joke: the episode where they introduce the hyperspace-travelling whales is all about their ship running out of fuel.

And hey, you finished the second season of TCW and didn't post any thoughts. :gah: At the end of that season you got quite a bit of exposure to kid Boba, IIRC. Did that help you cope with him any better? Or is that why you didn't post your reaction? :lol

Wait until you get to Season 4 episode 2 where all the jedi fly in space without a ship.

Plo Koon actually can survive in space without a ship, and did mention that in TCW. Your joke wasn't actually that far off. :lol

And hey, you finished the second season of TCW and didn't post any thoughts. :gah: At the end of that season you got quite a bit of exposure to kid Boba, IIRC. Did that help you cope with him any better? Or is that why you didn't post your reaction? :lol

We literally just finished Season 2 and then started Season 3 late last night.

Unfortunately the Boba episodes did not improve his character for me. I thought Aurra Sing was cool, Bossk was meh, but Boba as a conflicted "doesn't want to kill unless he has to" youth? Nope, didn't care for that at all. He just seemed like another little Anakin who had potential but fell in with the wrong crowd. Lame.

They should have had him killing anyone who got in his way without any conflict and when he rigged Mace Windu's quarters to explode it should have been some no name Jedi that got blown up instead of a no name clone. That would have been cool if they showed him taking out a Jedi at just 12 years old.

It's just 2 hours of him talking about a bunch of things that would've been cool, but were never actually shown in the movie. :lol

:lol :lol

Two hours of him explaining the significance of each of John Williams' song titles. "And the Funeral of Qui Gon Jinn is awesome because if you notice it actually plays during his literal funeral..."

Star Wars Theory:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
We literally just finished Season 2 and then started Season 3 late last night.

Unfortunately the Boba episodes did not improve his character for me. I thought Aurra Sing was cool, Bossk was meh, but Boba as a conflicted "doesn't want to kill unless he has to" youth? Nope, didn't care for that at all. He just seemed like another little Anakin who had potential but fell in with the wrong crowd. Lame.

They should have had him killing anyone who got in his way without any conflict and when he rigged Mace Windu's quarters to explode it should have been some no name Jedi that got blown up instead of a no name clone. That would have been cool if they showed him taking out a Jedi at just 12 years old.

Ah okay, thanks for the response. Sorry that kid Boba didn't improve for you, though I pretty much assumed that'd be the case. But since you were in such a groove with TCW, I had to know for sure. :lol And now that Fett's armor is apparently gonna be used a specific way in Mando, it'll turn more Chuck Wendig stuff into canon. So even if it turns out awesome, it can never be more than bittersweet for me. Sigh.

I'll only bug you for one more take on TCW: the Mortis episodes a little further on in season 3. I'm dying to know how you feel about that arc. Either it's gonna be the source of some serious lol's, or you'll actually get me to reconsider my long-standing "WTF" reaction to it.

Two hours of him explaining the significance of each of John Williams' song titles. "And the Funeral of Qui Gon Jinn is awesome because if you notice it actually plays during his literal funeral..."

Star Wars Theory:

giphy.gif

:rotfl

You already had me laughing with the first part, but the Stars Wars Theory bit actually produced one of those knock-the-wind-out laughs. That was perfect. :lol

I wouldn't look to The Clone Wars as a serious reference to Star Wars lore. It won't hold up to scrutiny i demand from the films. There is some really good stuff in there though and I enjoyed watching most of the episodes but you have to pick, choose, and ignore. It's a show meant for children and that is how I always treated it.

Personally I am Marveled out.. I really don't care what the next Marvel movie is. I still may be having Marvel Marathon fatigue from when I watched all of them over a few weeks leading up to EG.

Doesn't help that I don't think Marvel stuck the landing with EG either. :(

But I love having a SW channel. Its great. Its like a channel to my inner child.

I do go to the Marvel channel to catch some of the old cartoons I use to like.

Well good thing you and the other two are in the minority. Besides mando and the video games the world is done with Star Wars content for a min

Even if that is all true I still love the ST because it has Han, Luke and Leia in them and that single fact alone makes them far far superior to the PT.

Na Na Na Na Na you can?t get me lol

Yikes. So by that logic u must love the Christmas special to. It?s like you were born to consume mediocrity

I got TLJ... However they are the same disc just repackaged with the new slip cover... Everything else is the same. People on the Blu ray sites have been saying the same. Solo 4k is apparently hard to find.

We agree on this 100% :)

lol

Don't sell yourself short... You are number 4 on the post count. You even have me beat and I like the movie. lol ;)

Cause I make multiple post shooting down ur silly arguments that ST is a good follow up and better than the PT. I usually don?t multi post like you. I can?t on my phone.

Back