Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more thing that came to my mind about the TROS scene with Han and Kylo is how it also serves to redeem the possible audience misperception of ST Han.

In TFA, Kylo tells Rey that Han would've disappointed her as a father. I can see how that might cause some people to question if Han really *was* a bad/neglectful father in those early days with his son. But now the TROS scene specifically using Han as it did suggests that what Kylo said to Rey in TFA was nothing more than his dark side twisting the truth to keep him feeling antagonistic toward his family and attachments.

Presenting Han and Ben as that TROS scene did not only gives Ben some atonement for making the opposite choice with Han at the end of TFA, but also redeems Han by proving that his behavior as a father was never part of Ben's failure and fall to the dark side. Everyone comes out of that scene "healed" of prior twisted realities that had cast them in a bad light.

Now that's more than enough positive TROS talk from me for quite a while. :lol

Very cool

But please focus today is all about the Snyder cut!

Words that will never be spoken:

Release the Trank cut!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
One more thing that came to my mind about the TROS scene with Han and Kylo is how it also serves to redeem the possible audience misperception of ST Han.

In TFA, Kylo tells Rey that Han would've disappointed her as a father. I can see how that might cause some people to question if Han really *was* a bad/neglectful father in those early days with his son. But now the TROS scene specifically using Han as it did suggests that what Kylo said to Rey in TFA was nothing more than his dark side twisting the truth to keep him feeling antagonistic toward his family and attachments.

Presenting Han and Ben as that TROS scene did not only gives Ben some atonement for making the opposite choice with Han at the end of TFA, but also redeems Han by proving that his behavior as a father was never part of Ben's failure and fall to the dark side. Everyone comes out of that scene "healed" of prior twisted realities that had cast them in a bad light.

Now that's more than enough positive TROS talk from me for quite a while. :lol

Sorry, there's no turning back now. You're officially an unabashed ST fan now. It looks good on you! :lol

Rotten Tomatoes is running a "Ultimate Summer Movie Showdown" voting bracket.

ROTS has defeated Matrix Reloaded, Terminator 2, and currently destroying Endgame. :lol :clap :yess:

ROTS IS WINNING IT ALL :lol

Y'all best believe ROTS is well liked :lol

If you guys want to vote here is the link - https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/summer-movie-showdown/

Edit: TPM beat The Avengers too! :lol:lol:lol:clap:yess:

Edit: And Batman 89 lost to Finding Nemo. Saving Private Ryan to Shrek the 3rd :lol

Hey Ducky, will there be some kind of celebration coinciding with ROTS's coronation as the Ultimate Summer Movie? I've been checking Hayden Christensen's social media accounts thinking there would be some indication there, but nothing as of yet.

What's that? It didn't win? It lost in the quarterfinals to TDKR? Really??? It lost to the worst movie in the Nolan trilogy? Oh. Er.......

Nevermind.

Hey Ducky, will there be some kind of celebration coinciding with ROTS's coronation as the Ultimate Summer Movie? I've been checking Hayden Christensen's social media accounts thinking there would be some indication there, but nothing as of yet.

What's that? It didn't win? It lost in the quarterfinals to TDKR? Really??? It lost to the worst movie in the Nolan trilogy? Oh. Er.......

Nevermind.

I do believe Ducky knew that was all crap.. He was the one that said the Reddit PT fan boys were screwing with the voting... They must have burnt out and forgot to vote in the later rounds. I have no idea how TDKR made it so far.. Blah. Though its interesting to see that the final film that will win is probably the correct one with ESB.

I think I pissed Ducky off when I gave him a hard time about his questions. I didn't know he actually watched TROS in one sitting and was asking some question. Though the way he asked them I am not sure he really wanted answers :lol He hasn't been back since then and a bunch of people answered his ST questions.

If his questions were legit then I feel bad about giving him a hard time

I do believe Ducky knew that was all crap.. He was the one that said the Reddit PT fan boys were screwing with the voting... They must have burnt out and forgot to vote in the later rounds. I have no idea how TDKR made it so far.. Blah. Though its interesting to see that the final film that will win is probably the correct one with ESB.

I think I pissed Ducky off when I gave him a hard time about his questions. I didn't know he actually watched TROS in one sitting and was asking some question. Though the way he asked them I am not sure he really wanted answers :lol He hasn't been back since then and a bunch of people answered his ST questions.

I know Ducky was just having fun with it, so I thought I'd reciprocate. :lol I didn't realize he's been avoiding the thread....

Nevermind.

If you cared to read my responses instead of giving me **** for this one, you?d see that those polls were a joke to begin with as I said. I only realized it until after that quoted comment.

ROTS only advanced as far as it did because of the PT reddit, which sucks they manipulated the votes. TDKR only beat ROTS because I guess it became a viral thing and it was PT Reddit vs Rest of Internet. At that point, any movie was beating ROTS. I believe that is why that match up had the most votes, 31.6 million compared to a million or two for everyone else. The internet pretty much ruined a nice poll and it started with the PT Reddit and some Shrek Lovers.

TPM beating Avengers was a joke if I?m being honest too. While I like TPM more and Star Wars in general more, Avengers was the better movie and the more popular one too. Same can be said about Endgame losing to ROTS.

I think ROTS, in this day and age, beating Matrix and T2 is somewhat believable, but it never should have advanced as far as it did, along with many other movies. That?s why I was so... jolly... in that comment, because I myself was in shock :lol

Like I said above, it became a viral thing and the collective internet rose against the PT reddit. Didn?t matter what movie made it to face ROTS, after they rigged it to beat Endgame, it was over for ROTS as the internet would not allow that :lol

You kind of did just for the hypocrisy, I mean come on, we all go round and round and it hasn?t stopped any of us before :lol I was sincere when asking. I?m actually watching the ST over again. I?m halfway through with TFA and should finish it tonight. Then onto TLJ and TROS one more time.

Only reason I?ve yet to give a long response is that I?ve been moving Defolfs (which are a pain in the ass to move) and building shelves for the last few days as I?m completely reorganizing my collection and changing my set up. Haven?t felt writing back a long response yet :lol

I appreciate AJPs response, yours, and the discussion. I actually understand why some like ST Luke now in TLJ too. While I never will like ST Luke, I respect and understand the reason why others do now.

You kind of did just for the hypocrisy, I mean come on, we all go round and round and it hasn?t stopped any of us before :lol I was sincere when asking. I?m actually watching the ST over again. I?m halfway through with TFA and should finish it tonight. Then onto TLJ and TROS one more time.

I don't know why your post rubbed me the wrong way.. I really did feel that you had asked those questions before. You have gone after the Han / Kylo scene before and I really dont know why.. Thats a scene that even ST haters seem to give credit to.

But the one question you asked you followed up with this "
He isn't stupid, but the ST sure is." I just figured you were not looking for a real discussion.

It also came at a time when everyone seemed to have moved past PT sucks ST sucks... I was on a ROTJ kinda sucks though.. But the conversation had been pleasent. So TROS that you asked seemed out of nowwhere and becasue I thought you had been a part of those discussions you were just kinda trolling.

I probably shouldnt read posts when I am at work :lol
[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

Only reason I?ve yet to give a long response is that I?ve been moving Defolfs (which are a pain in the ass to move) and building shelves for the last few days as I?m completely reorganizing my collection and changing my set up. Haven?t felt writing back a long response yet :lol

What do you collect mostly.. HT or statues or both? Just SW or a bit of everything?

I appreciate AJPs response, yours, and the discussion. I actually understand why some like ST Luke now in TLJ too. While I never will like ST Luke, I respect and understand the reason why others do now

That's cool... I said this before.. Try watching a film through the eyes of others and it might help.. I know it helped with my last PT viewing.

I don't know why your post rubbed me the wrong way.. I really did feel that you had asked those questions before. You have gone after the Han / Kylo scene before and I really dont know why.. Thats a scene that even ST haters seem to give credit to.

But the one question you asked you followed up with this "
He isn't stupid, but the ST sure is." I just figured you were not looking for a real discussion.

It also came at a time when everyone seemed to have moved past PT sucks ST sucks... I was on a ROTJ kinda sucks though.. But the conversation had been pleasent. So TROS that you asked seemed out of nowwhere and becasue I thought you had been a part of those discussions you were just kinda trolling.

I probably shouldnt read posts when I am at work :lol
[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

What do you collect mostly.. HT or statues or both? Just SW or a bit of everything?

That's cool... I said this before.. Try watching a film through the eyes of others and it might help.. I know it helped with my last PT viewing.

It’s good. :duff

I collect a little bit of everything.

For Star Wars I collect Hot Toys/SSC 1/6th, 3.75”, and Funko. Books and Comics if those count too. Used to collect Black Series, but am selling most of it. Also have a 1/4th Iron Studios Vader and probably will end up buying that new Mythos Maul. Not many Star Wars statues I really like and the older ones I initially passed on are insanely expensive now.

For Marvel its MCU Hot Toys 1/6th, 6” Marvel Legends, 3.75”, Funko, and 1/4th Statues.

For DC its only a handful of various 1/6th, 6” stuff from BTAS/Arkham/DCC/Mezco/Mattel/MAFEX, and Funko. Also still have all my Kenner stuff when I was a kid, but I don’t display that.

Also collect WWE Mattel 6”, Harry Potter Funko and Noble Collection stuff, some Chucky stuff, NASCAR Diecast, Simpsons Playmates, various other Funko lines like Breaking Bad/TWD/Avatar/etc..., Transformers, Lego, and Comics/Graphic Novels for SW/DC/Marvel/TWD.

I know you collect JAWS stuff, anything else for you? I remember you posted that big shark statue that was pretty awesome and saw part of your collection, it looked great.

I think ROTS, in this day and age, beating Matrix and T2 is somewhat believable

True, Star Wars can have a strong influence on the weak minded. The rest of us would know however that The Matrix and T2 are easily superior to ROTS.

vlcsnap-2020-05-24-04h40m08s202.jpg

It’s good. :duff

I collect a little bit of everything.

For Star Wars I collect Hot Toys/SSC 1/6th, 3.75”, and Funko. Books and Comics if those count too. Used to collect Black Series, but am selling most of it. Also have a 1/4th Iron Studios Vader and probably will end up buying that new Mythos Maul. Not many Star Wars statues I really like and the older ones I initially passed on are insanely expensive now.

For Marvel its MCU Hot Toys 1/6th, 6” Marvel Legends, 3.75”, Funko, and 1/4th Statues.

For DC its only a handful of various 1/6th, 6” stuff from BTAS/Arkham/DCC/Mezco/Mattel/MAFEX, and Funko. Also still have all my Kenner stuff when I was a kid, but I don’t display that.

Also collect WWE Mattel 6”, Harry Potter Funko and Noble Collection stuff, some Chucky stuff, NASCAR Diecast, Simpsons Playmates, various other Funko lines like Breaking Bad/TWD/Avatar/etc..., Transformers, Lego, and Comics/Graphic Novels for SW/DC/Marvel/TWD.

I know you collect JAWS stuff, anything else for you? I remember you posted that big shark statue that was pretty awesome and saw part of your collection, it looked great.

Like you its a bit of everything. JAWS is my main collection.

I also have the IS Vader... Freaking awesome piece. I have both OT reg Storm Troopers PFs and the Empire Boba Fett PF. I only have 2 HT. The new R2 and Emire Yoda.

I have Iron Studios Hulk, Prime 1 Batman (DKIII version), Iron Studios Punisher, Logan PF, and Both Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of Doom Indiana Jones PFs.

I have the Prime 1 Jungle Hunter Predator on order.

I use to have a ton of Statues but really reduced the size of my collection.

I have a pretty big Blu ray collection also and some comics but usually the graphic novel after a story run is complete.

I have pretty much run out of room :lol

If you cared to read my responses instead of giving me **** for this one, you?d see that those polls were a joke to begin with as I said. I only realized it until after that quoted comment.

ROTS only advanced as far as it did because of the PT reddit, which sucks they manipulated the votes. TDKR only beat ROTS because I guess it became a viral thing and it was PT Reddit vs Rest of Internet. At that point, any movie was beating ROTS. I believe that is why that match up had the most votes, 31.6 million compared to a million or two for everyone else. The internet pretty much ruined a nice poll and it started with the PT Reddit and some Shrek Lovers.

TPM beating Avengers was a joke if I?m being honest too. While I like TPM more and Star Wars in general more, Avengers was the better movie and the more popular one too. Same can be said about Endgame losing to ROTS.

I think ROTS, in this day and age, beating Matrix and T2 is somewhat believable, but it never should have advanced as far as it did, along with many other movies. That?s why I was so... jolly... in that comment, because I myself was in shock :lol

Like I said above, it became a viral thing and the collective internet rose against the PT reddit. Didn?t matter what movie made it to face ROTS, after they rigged it to beat Endgame, it was over for ROTS as the internet would not allow that :lol

I appreciate AJPs response, yours, and the discussion. I actually understand why some like ST Luke now in TLJ too. While I never will like ST Luke, I respect and understand the reason why others do now.

Yea. While I do love rots I think it doesn?t hold up to some of the movies it was up against. I?ll be the first to say rots is very flawed but a damn good movie still.

True, Star Wars can have a strong influence on the weak minded. The rest of us would know however that The Matrix and T2 are easily superior to ROTS.

View attachment 485824

I misspoke. It was The Matrix Reloaded ROTS beat out. Which, ROTS was better critically. And I actually think it is a better movie than that, even with my bias aside. T2, eh, like I said, in this day and age, with that 18-35 age group viewing ROTS so positively, I could see ROTS beating it even if T2 is a better made film.

Like you its a bit of everything. JAWS is my main collection.

I also have the IS Vader... Freaking awesome piece. I have both OT reg Storm Troopers PFs and the Empire Boba Fett PF. I only have 2 HT. The new R2 and Emire Yoda.

I have Iron Studios Hulk, Prime 1 Batman (DKIII version), Iron Studios Punisher, Logan PF, and Both Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of Doom Indiana Jones PFs.

I have the Prime 1 Jungle Hunter Predator on order.

I use to have a ton of Statues but really reduced the size of my collection.

I have a pretty big Blu ray collection also and some comics but usually the graphic novel after a story run is complete.

I have pretty much run out of room :lol

:rock Nice! Some great pieces. IS Vader might just be my favorite Vader collectible ever made. I don?t know anything that could top it. I really like the Punisher and P1 Batman too. The Prime 1 stuff is amazing, I wish it was 1/4 though, I?d go crazy with the Batman stuff :lol One day I hope to buy something from them.

Yea. While I do love rots I think it doesn?t hold up to some of the movies it was up against. I?ll be the first to say rots is very flawed but a damn good movie still.

Agreed. Only one I can say it should have beaten with bias aside is Matrix Reloaded.

Back