Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't watched these videos. The idea that Disney would make these movies and then immediately invalidate them because of fan disappointment seems far-fetched to say the least and extreme wishful thinking on the part of these obsessive youtubers who still can't seem to wrap their minds around Star Wars films not living up to expectations - despite by now a long history of mediocrity with this franchise.

Star Wars fans are more persistent than most :dunno

I'm not sure Disney or Kennedy fully understood this when it all began.

But what did she do lol. I mean besides the dumb horse scene. What makes her so horrible? Is it cause she?s short?

I'm not sure exactly. I think it was TLJ, her ramming Fin out of his suicide run and "We save what we love speech" have something to do with it.
She was toned down a lot in TROS and a lot more bearable IMO.
What confuses me is the hate for broom boy. I thought that scene was a nice touch.

Plot twist. The man behind the mask is khev

Would that make JYE the camera man? It is an interesting theory some of these people have chatted about. To me make whatever you want from all comics, books and cartoons, and movies canon how you see fit. I don't count the sequel trilogy in mine but to those that do then cool.

Haven't watched these videos. The idea that Disney would make these movies and then immediately invalidate them because of fan disappointment seems far-fetched to say the least and extreme wishful thinking on the part of these obsessive youtubers who still can't seem to wrap their minds around Star Wars films not living up to expectations - despite by now a long history of mediocrity with this franchise.

It?s retarded SW fan nonsense.......

Disney is not going to ?FIX? anything. Mostly because half the fans (maybe more) are fine with it as it is.

Rey, Kylo and Chewie were all equally as popular at Galaxy?s Edge......Rey May have been the most popular with the young fans...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't see the ST going anywhere. It seems to be only disgruntled old timers/wounded PT apologists that have any significant animosity toward them, and it's arguable whether those two groups even comprise the "majority" of fans. Sure *they* will claim concrete unbiased "proof" that *their* kids hate the ST (kids hating something that dad screams about, huge shock, lol) but from what I've seen Kylo Ren and BB-8 alone (which I know are fairly popular Battlefront II characters) have already imprinted themselves onto the current generation, SW fans or not.

Still though, SW is complete for me. I survived the GL OT retcons and I'll survive any further idiotic retcons so if Disney wants to do something dumb to the ST they can go right ahead. I'll always have media to watch my preferred Saga until the day I die so it makes no difference to me either way. I definitely pity those who will spend the rest of their days feeling perpetual angst over any aspect of the Saga.

Yeah I don't see the ST going anywhere. It seems to be only disgruntled old timers/wounded PT apologists that have any significant animosity toward them, and it's arguable whether those two groups even comprise the "majority" of fans. Sure *they* will claim concrete unbiased "proof" that *their* kids hate the ST (kids hating something that dad screams about, huge shock, lol) but from what I've seen Kylo Ren and BB-8 alone (which I know are fairly popular Battlefront II characters) have already imprinted themselves onto the current generation, SW fans or not.

Still though, SW is complete for me. I survived the GL OT retcons and I'll survive any further idiotic retcons so if Disney wants to do something dumb to the ST they can go right ahead. I'll always have media to watch my preferred Saga until the day I die so it makes no difference to me either way. I definitely pity those who will spend the rest of their days feeling perpetual angst over any aspect of the Saga.

a-dev was just on his way over to the forum to bash the ST when you made that post...

tenor.gif

:lol :lol

I know that a-dev doesn't fall into the rage camps of the Fandom Menace YouTubers. He's basically like me with regard to the SW stuff that I don't like. Just ignore it as canon and call it a day. Do I care if the PT gets "erased" or retconned? Not really. I'd certainly be curious to see a "redo" but to me that ship has pretty much sailed. Little flashbacks/redos through Mando are already fine enough for me.

I know that a-dev doesn't fall into the rage camps of the Fandom Menace YouTubers. He's basically like me with regard to the SW stuff that I don't like. Just ignore it as canon and call it a day. Do I care if the PT gets "erased" or retconned? Not really. I'd certainly be curious to see a "redo" but to me that ship has pretty much sailed. Little flashbacks/redos through Mando are already fine enough for me.

Yep I have always had personal canon with what i like in movies and all media. Stuff I don't care for I ignore. Star Wars is a big universe and they can keep doing more stories and some will be great and some mediocre. For me Terminator has T1 and T2. Indy has Raiders and temple of doom and Crusade for his dad, Predator has the first 3 that I watch. I like the first 3 alien movies. Some of the others have moments but not canon to me.

My take has always been, if I can accept SW teddy bears kick ass over an Imperial army......pretty much everything else is on the table....

Except fart jokes and Jar Jar.....that crap is unforgivable.

Maybe I would have 15-20 years ago but I've come to terms with the fact that the PT never got remade in response to all my moaning and I don't see why things would or should be different now with the ST - if that's what they're talking about, again I didn't watch the actual videos.

And even though I'd likely agree with many of the points of criticism of the ST that these youtube guys make I got tired of them all pretty quickly with their new bashing videos on the hour every hour and all of them posting the same compulsory reactions to every new tidbit of an interview with Hamill or comment from Kathleen Kennedy. Even Critical Drinker, a cut above the rest IMO, feels the need to reference The Last Jedi in almost every video to this day. Move along, move along.

Pt apologist? Lol. Stop with that PT shade my guy. The ST fails in comparison to those films. Harsh reality but truth

Actually this is me. Enjoy, lol:

Sure it is.
I have a theory.

The ST is so bad it split your personality into two. The vid you gave us is your light positive side but the other vid is your dark ST hating side. You wear a mask to hide your identity but don?t remember anything once you upload the video.

Think fight club except Star Wars videos. The only person who knows about this is jye who is indeed the camera man

Sure it is.
I have a theory.

The ST is so bad it split your personality into two. The vid you gave us is your light positive side but the other vid is your dark ST hating side. You wear a mask to hide your identity but don?t remember anything once you upload the video.

Think fight club except Star Wars videos. The only person who knows about this is jye who is indeed the camera man

I want this to be true. This is my new Khev and Jye Star Wars canon.

Pt apologist? Lol. Stop with that PT shade my guy. The ST fails in comparison to those films. Harsh reality but truth

You are right... the ST failed to meet the cheesy dioluge, wooden acting, and bad CGI of the PT.

;)

Seriosuly though.. I find it funny to put any SW film after the orginal two as a high standared in film making.

Back