Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I was watching some of TROS on 4k blu ray last night...

The Kylo vs Rey saber fight is officially my 3rd fav Saber fight after TPM and Empire.

I love the look and setting of the scene and how it shows how powerful Kylo has become and of course the aftermath. It is officially one of my fav scenes in the entire saga.

It looks like Kylo has really been practicing his lightsaber skills after losing fights in the last two films.

It's easy to blame RJ because he has been the (very) public face of SWs post TLJ and pre TRoS. However, even if he wanted to tell his own story, "his story" will still need to be approved by LF/Disney. I don't think they didn't have a plan. I think they had to walk back on those plans because of the TLJ backlash.

Oh I agree... That's why I said "Let RJ" Somebody needed to be there to guide this story for sure.

I only blame RJ because

1. I really hate some of his ideas
2. He really did not think past his movie

Because of the way he told his story the next film was going to be starting from the beginning no matter what.. The last film in the saga is not the time to do that.

IMO, JJ was somehow able to make a film that was a start over yet still feel like a continuation... I think most of that has to do with brining back the Emperor.. If he introduced a brand new villain.. It would have really felt like a standalone movie.

So I was watching some of TROS on 4k blu ray last night...

The Kylo vs Rey saber fight is officially my 3rd fav Saber fight after TPM and Empire.

I love the look and setting of the scene and how it shows how powerful Kylo has become and of course the aftermath. It is officially one of my fav scenes in the entire saga.

I watched it lastnight ON DISC of course and just fyi the streaming version keeps losing audio, stuttering and freezing because of the currnt network overload situation.

Nothing beats the awesome feeling of putting a disc into a player lol

Anyways in no small part thanks to some folks on here the movie came back for me, great joy watching it lastnight and YES just like with ESB and TPM that battle is freaking amazing carries a lot of weight and meaning behind it not just mindless saber swings...cough ROTS cough.

That closeup shot where Kylo is force pushing back on her saber you see the water and electricity being pushed in the opposite direction on her saber and the vibrating sounds are spectacular!

No kidding dude great stuff indeed.

Tied with TPM for me!

So:

1. ESB
2 TPM/TROS

Oh I agree... That's why I said "Let RJ" Somebody needed to be there to guide this story for sure.

I only blame RJ because

1. I really hate some of his ideas
2. He really did not think past his movie

Because of the way he told his story the next film was going to be starting from the beginning no matter what.. The last film in the saga is not the time to do that.

IMO, JJ was somehow able to make a film that was a start over yet still feel like a continuation... I think most of that has to do with brining back the Emperor.. If he introduced a brand new villain.. It would have really felt like a standalone movie.

I don?t have a problem with his artist merits clearly he is talented what I don?t like is his blanket judgments against people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TROS Kylo/Rey saber duel over the ocean is my second fave duel in the Saga. TPM battle is nice and a highlight of the film but not the Saga IMO.

I can't say enough how subpar I'm realizing the digital versions of these movies are. I don't see myself ever watching them on D+ again after seeing the quality that you only get on the physical discs. I really hope that Mando gets a physical release some day.

Last edited:
TROS Kylo/Rey saber duel over the ocean is my second fave duel in the Saga. TPM battle is nice and a highlight of the film but not the Saga IMO.

I can't say enough how subpar I'm realizing the digital versions of these movies are. I don't see myself ever watching them on D+ again after seeing the quality that you that only get on the physical discs. I really hope that Mando gets a physical release some day.

This crisis is showing streaming true colors.

None stop audio drops, stuttering and freezing AND when it is working there are reports of 50% cut off in data transfer with additional compression.

EVEN THOSE PAYING premium for a giga connection are being throttled, compressed and cut down all those high monthly internet costs and you are still being affected with a decrease in image quality ouch.

Can?t wait for Black Widow to stream at 8Mbps on a 1.3Gbps connection lol

Holy crap I didn't even think of the strain that will occur when true blockbusters debut on streaming services. :slap

Yeah dude this is just regular rentals and Netflix/D+ catalog can you imagine an opening night AAA summer blockbuster.

Man did Hollywood and us fans dodge a bullet with EG/TROS/Joker.

When you think of cinema within the past 12 months those are the three movies that immediately come to mind.

Yeah dude this is just regular rentals and Netflix/D+ catalog can you imagine an opening night AAA summer blockbuster.

Man did Hollywood and us fans dodge a bullet with EG/TROS/Joker.

When you think of cinema within the past 12 months those are the three movies that immediately come to mind.

EG/TROS/Alita. :lecture

And Sonic *snicker* :monkey3

:chase

Seriously though thank God our kids got to have some semblance of an awesome movie going childhood culminating with 2019 before everything went to pot as well as us getting closure on all our favorite franchises.

Seriously though thank God our kids got to have some semblance of an awesome movie going childhood culminating with 2019 before everything went to pot as well as us getting closure on all our favorite franchises.

Yep I am glad the series ending movies came out last year. Rise Of Skywalker is beautiful on Disc for sure. AF1F4627-0E4C-41C5-AA3F-F92633C9206B.jpg1B9F0C6F-ED9B-4C12-8AB9-EF593BA7ABD3.jpgF33BAAA3-3D0B-40AF-B04D-9C08462B7948.jpg

Yes, no doubt our fond memories of X-Men: Dark Phoenix, Terminator: Dark Fate, Glass, MIB: International and Rambo: Last Blood will sustain us through this crisis. :D

:wave Bye Bye Identity Politics MCU and SW :wave

Thanks for the Infinity and Skywalker Saga and RO

Yes, no doubt our fond memories of X-Men: Dark Phoenix, Terminator: Dark Fate, Glass, MIB: International and Rambo: Last Blood will sustain us through this crisis. :D

:lol :lol

:lol :lol

I liked Rambo and Glass actually.

Didn't see Glass but I enjoyed Rambo up until the bad guys arrived at his ranch. Then everything just got too easy for him while we watched 20 straight minutes of bad guys just blindly walking into trap after trap.

:wave Bye Bye Identity Politics MCU and SW :wave

Yep, lol.

3uypc4.jpg

Thanks for the Infinity and Skywalker Saga and RO

Hell yeah. :rock

Kids don't like Star Wars. You can see that in data from 2018 Halloween costumes. TLJ killed it.

This is very true. There needed to be someone there to really guide this storyline.. Not let RJ, who admitted he had no interest in telling a franchise story but tell his own story, come in and leave the next filmmaker painted in a corner.

But that is why many of us here find TROS to be a small miracle. As it somehow brought the story together for us. But its easy to see why it didn't for some.

Yes but it?s not that many of you that believe that tros brought the franchise together. Just you, khev and jye.

I watched it lastnight ON DISC of course and just fyi the streaming version keeps losing audio, stuttering and freezing because of the currnt network overload situation.

Nothing beats the awesome feeling of putting a disc into a player lol

Anyways in no small part thanks to some folks on here the movie came back for me, great joy watching it lastnight and YES just like with ESB and TPM that battle is freaking amazing carries a lot of weight and meaning behind it not just mindless saber swings...cough ROTS cough.

That closeup shot where Kylo is force pushing back on her saber you see the water and electricity being pushed in the opposite direction on her saber and the vibrating sounds are spectacular!

No kidding dude great stuff indeed.

Tied with TPM for me!

So:

1. ESB
2 TPM/TROS

I don?t have a problem with his artist merits clearly he is talented what I don?t like is his blanket judgments against people.

Rots has mindless saber swinging? Lol in these movies they swing the lightsabers like baseball bats with no fork whatsoever. Especially rey. What the hell are you on

Back