Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kids don't like Star Wars. You can see that in data from 2018 Halloween costumes. TLJ killed it.

Hm kids like Star Wars just not this Star Wars. They like OT and PT but this one didn?t connect with them. Or anybody except for a small handful of people. I just feel like the people who like it force themselves to like it cause it?s as good as it?s gonna get and it?s not gonna be a better conclusion do they have to accept it .

:lol :lol

Didn't see Glass but I enjoyed Rambo up until the bad guys arrived at his ranch. Then everything just got too easy for him while we watched 20 straight minutes of bad guys just blindly walking into trap after trap.

Yep, lol.

3uypc4.jpg

Hell yeah. :rock

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rots has mindless saber swinging? Lol in these movies they swing the lightsabers like baseball bats with no fork whatsoever. Especially rey. What the hell are you on

Yeah, I don’t get that. The two battles in ST were Rey just swinging it randomly. It was terrible. They look like two kids swinging pool noodles at each other. No form. No technique. No thinking.

Then you have JYE complaining about Yoda flipping in AOTC when there is that scene with Kylo clearly on a damn line just randomly flying through the air. Looked like a joke.

Everything about the ST is just so damn bad. All the PT lightsaber battles were far far superior.

Yeah, I don?t get that. The two battles in ST were Rey just swinging it randomly. It was terrible. They look like two kids swinging pool noodles at each other. No form. No technique. No thinking.

Then you have JYE complaining about Yoda flipping in AOTC when there is that scene with Kylo clearly on a damn line just randomly flying through the air. Looked like a joke.

Everything about the ST is just so damn bad. All the PT lightsaber battles were far far superior.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Experienced Jedi...... are worse than some chick who swings it like some crazy lunatic? Yea go home . The ST lightsaber battles are worse than anything I?ve seen. Also there is no tension cause guess what? Rey is gonna win every single one .

Yeah, I don?t get that. The two battles in ST were Rey just swinging it randomly. It was terrible. They look like two kids swinging pool noodles at each other. No form. No technique. No thinking.

Lol it was. Kylo has form but rey swings it like an idiot. It was the worst I?ve ever seen. Even that stiff obiwan vs Vader battle from the OT is better lol

Hm kids like Star Wars just not this Star Wars. They like OT and PT but this one didn?t connect with them. Or anybody except for a small handful of people. I just feel like the people who like it force themselves to like it cause it?s as good as it?s gonna get and it?s not gonna be a better conclusion do they have to accept it .

Funny... I feel that those that don't like it just cant accept that its good and they just don't understand Star Wars ;) ;) ;)

At least when it come to TROS

Not every movie or story sticks the landing for everyone. All of the movies have some cheese or scenes that may not fully work. Even our favorites. The cool thing about all of us chatting is seeing the differences each of us cling to and use as our personal canon. At least most of our conversations are civil and thought provoking. As far as Lightsaber battles my favorites in order are
Luke Vs Vader Empire Strikes Back
Maul Vs Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi Wan Phantom Menace
Luke Vs Vader Return of the Jedi
Yoda Vs Dooku Attack of the Clones
Rey Vs Ren Rise of Skywalker
Revenge of the sith does have the worst scene with lightsabers for me when Anakin and Obi Wan spin their swords and don't make any contact at all. Looked stupid and wasteful but overall their fights were better on screen.
Lightsaber effects are better in the new trilogy though since the swords are more like energy again and not a solid core that the prequels had. That's what I loved about the original trilogy is how raw the sabers seemed and how the energy flowed.

Yeah, I don’t get that. The two battles in ST were Rey just swinging it randomly. It was terrible. They look like two kids swinging pool noodles at each other. No form. No technique. No thinking.

For the record... YOU keep bringing up the PT anymore. We have all moved well past that junk pile :)

What I love about the Rey and Kylo saber duel in TROS was that it was mostly practical and the setting was great.. I also like that it fits more with the OT in terms of style... I love TPM duel also... IMO TPM / ESB / TROS are the three best because there is an emotional impact to all three. Well TPM was less emotional and just simply great choreography.

I hate any Yoda Saber fight.. I might as well be watching Pixar. How about that first Count D and Anakin fight with then just swinging sabers in front of theirfaces in th dark :lol What was Lucas doing?? :lol The Obi wan / Anakin battle should have been the greatest but it was directed poorly or overly choreographed or something... I don't know what it is but it was a massive disappoint.. Plus there is the whole last part of the fight with all the swinging and floating on the lava... Then the stupid "I have the high ground" victory.. It does not help that the most important even in the PT keeps going back to the Emperor and Yoda fighting in their own (Beyond goofy) saber battle. I want to like the Anakin / Obi Wan saber duel... I really do.. But its just not visually or emotionally interesting.

Just about every saber duel I have gone back and watched countless times on their own But I have never done that with AOTC or ROTS.

Not every movie or story sticks the landing for everyone. All of the movies have some cheese or scenes that may not fully work. Even our favorites. The cool thing about all of us chatting is seeing the differences each of us cling to and use as our personal canon. At least most of our conversations are civil and thought provoking.

Absolutely agree.

As far as Lightsaber battles my favorites in order are
Luke Vs Vader Empire Strikes Back
Maul Vs Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi Wan Phantom Menace
Luke Vs Vader Return of the Jedi
Yoda Vs Dooku Attack of the Clones
Rey Vs Ren Rise of Skywalker
Revenge of the sith does have the worst scene with lightsabers for me when Anakin and Obi Wan spin their swords and don't make any contact at all. Looked stupid and wasteful but overall their fights were better on screen.

I would rank them like this

1. ESB - Luke vs Vader
2. TPM - Qui Gon / Obi Wan vs Maul
3. TROS - Rey vs Kylo #2
4. ROTJ - Luke vs Vader
5. TROS - Rey vs Kylo #1

6. TFA - Rey / Finn vs Kylo
7. ANH - Obi Wan vs Vader
8. ROTS - Anakin vs Count Dooku
9. ROTS - Obi Wan vs Anakin
10. TPM - Qui Gon vs Maul

11. ROTS - Obi Wan vs General Grievous
12. AOTC - Yoda vs Count Dooku
13. AOTC - Obi Wan / Anakin vs Count Dooku
14. ROTS - Mace and Jedi vs the Emperor
15. ROTS - Yoda vs the Emperor

Lightsaber effects are better in the new trilogy though since the swords are more like energy again and not a solid core that the prequels had. That's what I loved about the original trilogy is how raw the sabers seemed and how the energy flowed

They lost a bit of their impact in the PT also.. There was a lack of weight.. Not saying that Sabers should have weight but they felt like there was impact to them in the OT and ST.. I thought the Maul Duel had that same feeling as there was more aggressive style swings in it and not flipping and flying and seeing just how fast one can swing a saber.

Its weird because the Mace and Emperor Duel was more traditional in style but it felt like those sabers just had no weight again.. Or more like two guys that had no idea what they were doing :)

Last edited:

1. ESB - Luke vs Vader
3. TROS - Rey vs Kylo #2
4. ROTJ - Luke vs Vader
5. TROS - Rey vs Kylo #1

Man the sheer number of bad lightsaber duels in ROTS alone boggles the mind, lol.

There's only so many hours in a day...lol

:lol :lol

Experienced Jedi...... are worse than some chick who swings it like some crazy lunatic? Yea go home . The ST lightsaber battles are worse than anything I?ve seen. Also there is no tension cause guess what? Rey is gonna win every single one .

Well she lost the last one.. Kylo stopped short of killing her.

I think its been a long while since you have watched the PT.. There are some god awful saber fights in those..

Absolutely agree.

1. ESB - Luke vs Vader
3. TROS - Rey vs Kylo #2
4. ROTJ - Luke vs Vader
5. TROS - Rey vs Kylo #1

They lost a bit of their impact in the PT also.. There was a lack of weight.. Not saying that Sabers should have weight but they felt like there was impact to them in the OT and PT.. I thought the Maul Duel had that same feeling as there was more aggressive style swings in it and not flipping and flying and seeing just how fast one can swing a saber.

Its weird because the Mace and Emperor Duel was more traditional in style but it felt like those sabers just had no weight again.. Or more like two guys that had no idea what they were doing :)

Very true on the lightsabers. After Phantom Menace they started the baseball bat method the Luke Used on Tatooine in Jedi.

Man the sheer number of bad lightsaber duels in ROTS boggles the mind, lol.

Yeah man and that Main one should have been #1 on the list.. It should have been a fantastic physical and phycological battle.

But like most of the PT... Lucas just went over the top. :(

For the record if I included the Kylo / Rey Saber fight with the guards in TLJ I would have put that in lower tier also.. I hate the chorography in that scene.

For the record... YOU keep bringing up the PT anymore. We have all moved well past that junk pile :)

What I love about the Rey and Kylo saber duel in TROS was that it was mostly practical and the setting was great.. I also like that it fits more with the OT in terms of style... I love TPM duel also... IMO TPM / ESB / TROS are the three best because there is an emotional impact to all three. Well TPM was less emotional and just simply great choreography.

I hate any Yoda Saber fight.. I might as well be watching Pixar. How about that first Count D and Anakin fight with then just swinging sabers in front of theirfaces in th dark :lol What was Lucas doing?? :lol The Obi wan / Anakin battle should have been the greatest but it was directed poorly or overly choreographed or something... I don't know what it is but it was a massive disappoint.. Plus there is the whole last part of the fight with all the swinging and floating on the lava... Then the stupid "I have the high ground" victory.. It does not help that the most important even in the PT keeps going back to the Emperor and Yoda fighting in their own (Beyond goofy) saber battle. I want to like the Anakin / Obi Wan saber duel... I really do.. But its just not visually or emotionally interesting.

Just about every saber duel I have gone back and watched countless times on their own But I have never done that with AOTC or ROTS.

No we don?t. Jye literally bright it up. We responded to him. And that?s good for you but ST fights are horrible mindless swinging. Snoke throne room was terrible , the snow Forrest was bland and the trie right was uninspired and stale .

Tpm had a Jedi die and had a sith fight two Jedi at once with a double saber. Cool af

Rots had yoda go all out and amazing music and visuals during the mustafar battle. Cgi or not .

Back