Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah. While some scenes mimic others the fight choreography is awful and bland. Rey always swings her sword wildly like that. Anakin was using a saber move. Way different. There?s no connection really. Just bad fighting styles. Also the OT fights looked like the sabers had a great weight to them or something. They kind of twired them more. Again Luke in all of ROTJ fought like Rey.

Also that gif is stupid. She?s running at him with her sword above her, anakin just lifts it above his head. Huge difference

Fixed..

Twirling in the OT?? Man you gotta watch those films again..

Also gotta disagree about the weight things.. That's why I like the Duels with Rey and Kylo in both TFA and TROS.. It looks like the sabers have weight again..

Luke was nothing special with a saber. Don't believe me go watch the OT again especially Jedi and tell me the Saber duel was well done. Its always been bad. If it wasn't for Luke taking over Vader with the dark side it would be one of the worst. The Sail Barge scene is bad all the way through.. Its the 9th inning at Jabba's place.

Empire is great because its all about the setting, Vaders Dialogue, and Vader toying with Luke. The Chorography is actually perfect for that scene because its not about the physical duel but the mental one..

You hate the ST and that's fine.. I get it. Rey is not the best with the Saber.. Hell TLJ shows that.. That was some bad Chorography. But the duels in TROS and even TFA are no worse then the OT. It just didn't mean as much to you. I'm cool with that. In fact I agreed about the lack of emotion in TFA with my first viewing because I could not buy into Rey holding her own... But now after TROS.. I am good with it.

One of the things I like about the final duel with Kylo in TROS is she reminds me of Luke at the end of the saber Duel with Vader in Jedi.. There is more Hate with her swings.. But she was still not a match for Kylo in that scene.

Actually Kylo pretty much has her on the ropes in TFA also until she called on the force.. Her saber fighting actually improves after that in that scene..

And I am sorry but Dooku could have just as easily taken out Anakin as Kylo could have Rey. As far back as Anakin took that saber Dooku could have gutted him.. Ill chalk it up to neither of them wanted to kill their opponent.

Definitely. Just witness adrenaline fueled Luke wailing on the mighty ROTJ Vader until he collapsed. Or Kylo hitting Finn's blade so hard it knocked him to the ground.

Yep.. The OT and ST sabers had weight and took something too wield them.. I thought TPM had that feel also but too a lesser extent. After that the sabers where more like fencing swords.. Which is fine.. Just different.

I'm sure I've seen footage of a young ESB Hamill doing swordfighting practice and he looked every bit as great at it as Ewan McGregor. I think he had to dial it back in the actual movies because whoever was in the Vader suit was majorly handicapped by the helmet and the cape.

I'm sure I've seen footage of a young ESB Hamill doing swordfighting practice and he looked every bit as great at it as Ewan McGregor. I think he had to dial it back in the actual movies because whoever was in the Vader suit was majorly handicapped by the helmet and the cape.

Ive seen some of those.. Nothing to ever make me think he was a Ewan's skill level though.

Man this ducky guy is like Snikt & crows & nova & weejedi made a voltron.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming by this reaction, that's a dig. Cool.

Damn though, after trying to search for some of those users, they are banned or inactive and haven't posted in years.

Must have struck a nerve if you still think about internet strangers.

Hope you remember me too :1-1:

I miss crows.

Hell I think they are all still here just under different names.

Easy there Ducky crows lol

What ever happened to crows? The nova guy I don't even remember, but I know what happened with the other two.

Ive seen some of those.. Nothing to ever make me think he was a Ewan's skill level though.

Hmmm, if the clip ajp posted is what I was remembering, OK, not quite up there with Ewan. Faster perhaps than what's in the movies but not as elaborate as what I thought I remembered.

I miss crows.

Hell I think they are all still here just under different names.

Easy there Ducky crows lol

I think crows got banned as many of the others did. They could easily rejoin under new names, I doubt it's being 'policed'.

Hmmm, if the clip ajp posted is what I was remembering, OK, not quite up there with Ewan. Faster perhaps than what's in the movies but not as elaborate as what I thought I remembered.

Damn I also remembered it being faster and more elaborate but I guess not lol

Fixed..

Twirling in the OT?? Man you gotta watch those films again..

Also gotta disagree about the weight things.. That's why I like the Duels with Rey and Kylo in both TFA and TROS.. It looks like the sabers have weight again..

Luke was nothing special with a saber. Don't believe me go watch the OT again especially Jedi and tell me the Saber duel was well done. Its always been bad. If it wasn't for Luke taking over Vader with the dark side it would be one of the worst. The Sail Barge scene is bad all the way through.. Its the 9th inning at Jabba's place.

Empire is great because its all about the setting, Vaders Dialogue, and Vader toying with Luke. The Chorography is actually perfect for that scene because its not about the physical duel but the mental one..

You hate the ST and that's fine.. I get it. Rey is not the best with the Saber.. Hell TLJ shows that.. That was some bad Chorography. But the duels in TROS and even TFA are no worse then the OT. It just didn't mean as much to you. I'm cool with that. In fact I agreed about the lack of emotion in TFA with my first viewing because I could not buy into Rey holding her own... But now after TROS.. I am good with it.

One of the things I like about the final duel with Kylo in TROS is she reminds me of Luke at the end of the saber Duel with Vader in Jedi.. There is more Hate with her swings.. But she was still not a match for Kylo in that scene.

Actually Kylo pretty much has her on the ropes in TFA also until she called on the force.. Her saber fighting actually improves after that in that scene..

And I am sorry but Dooku could have just as easily taken out Anakin as Kylo could have Rey. As far back as Anakin took that saber Dooku could have gutted him.. Ill chalk it up to neither of them wanted to kill their opponent.

Man you got to watch those films again. I don?t know what khev injected you with but this desperation to try and make the ST connect with anything is sad. Whatch the films again. Dooku and anakin was a well paced fight between two well trained Jedi.

Until she called? On the force? You mean that ass pull? How the hell did she beat him with those moves is beyond me. Yes he was winning which is why it?s even more ridiculous that she won.

But it mimics the OT and PT. So what? But she?s a palpatine! So what? Her fight style and lack of training is funny. The fights in the OT had twirling of the light sabers and fighting with one hand like kylo does a bit. Rey fights an idiot but it?s acceptable? Palpatine. Palpatine was more like yoda, he didn?t swing his sword like some dumbass.

I think crows got banned as many of the others did. They could easily rejoin under new names, I doubt it's being 'policed'.

They made a new forum but it got shut down . They asked me to tell you guys to join but apparently some crap went down there and they don?t go on it as much. Most of the people who were here went there. Crows left cause of tension.

Man this ducky guy is like Snikt & crows & nova & weejedi made a voltron.

Lol no he isn?t. Snikt was a delusional troll who literally would make up stuff like he was in the know.

The whole force vampire thing with snoke , the reincarnation of Rey . The R rated spiderverse he kept saying venom would start.

Funny how that movie was more in tone with an mcu movie than hard R .

His hatred for the mcu and love for Fox men . Lol o man so many gems .

Also how he said Spider-Man and X-Men will never go back to Disney . How fox takes care of the property. Man all his post were gold. I miss him.

They made a new forum but it got shut down . They asked me to tell you guys to join but apparently some crap went down there and they don?t go on it as much. Most of the people who were here went there. Crows left cause of tension.

:lol, this place had like a split or something? A schism???

Lol no he isn?t. Snikt was a delusional troll who literally would make up stuff like he was in the know.

The whole force vampire thing with snoke , the reincarnation of Rey . The R rated spiderverse he kept saying venom would start.

Funny how that movie was more in tone with an mcu movie than hard R .

His hatred for the mcu and love for Fox men . Lol o man so many gems .

Also how he said Spider-Man and X-Men will never go back to Disney . How fox takes care of the property. Man all his post were gold. I miss him.

Damn, that wasn’t just a dig at me then, straight up insult :lol

Didn’t think the ST could be any worse, but here we are with a force vampire :lol

If it's the one I think you mean, they moved to a new host.

https://primegeekculture.com/index.php?forums/

A veritable grime peak like many a forum. A hive of scum and villainy. A circle jerk, or a circle of jerks?

Back