Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope they start work on that live action show. A Boba Fett series on ABC would be awesome.

given the news that episode 7 is coming out in 2015, and the rumors that it may revolve around luke skywalker... i would love for a clone wars type animated show revolving around luke, han and leia. the story could take placed between the episodes of 4 through 6, and maybe even after the battle of endor. they could maybe even bridge episodes 6 to 7, like the clone wars bridges 2 and 3.

given the news that episode 7 is coming out in 2015, and the rumors that it may revolve around luke skywalker... i would love for a clone wars type animated show revolving around luke, han and leia. the story could take placed between the episodes of 4 through 6, and maybe even after the battle of endor. they could maybe even bridge episodes 6 to 7, like the clone wars bridges 2 and 3.

I asked on another thread what about an animated Shadows of the Empire film?

I'd love for a show that bridges the OT to Ep VII starring the OT cast. I know Star Wars is ultimately about Anakin blah, blah but when it comes down to it, I learned to love Star Wars because of Luke Skywalker and really miss when Star Wars was his story.

It's not like they can't make the DT (Disney Trilogy) about the legacy of Anakin with his grand kids but I just wanna see Luke and the gang one more time.

I'd love for a show that bridges the OT to Ep VII starring the OT cast. I know Star Wars is ultimately about Anakin blah, blah but when it comes down to it, I learned to love Star Wars because of Luke Skywalker and really miss when Star Wars was his story.

It's not like they can't make the DT (Disney Trilogy) about the legacy of Anakin with his grand kids but I just wanna see Luke and the gang one more time.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

Ugh. I wish the show would just end it's run instead of moving to Disney.

I tried watching the TRON Uprising show over there and...I just can't take the barrage of Diz-stuff on screen while the show is on and in the commercials. Yes. yes...I can just DVR it like I do now and ignore all of that like I do th CN stuff but...somehow Disney's stuff is a little more obnoxious and hard to ignore.

Besides, I thought this show was wrapping up after next year?
Please let it end where it is.....let the whole Disney era be a new start...new material...as "kidde-centric" and adorable as it wants and easier for this old fan to ignore...
(The Diz CW will probably be more in common with this week's "cute little Jedi" episode than the "Rebellion" storyline that just wrapped)...

I have a bad feeling about this (hey, somebody had to say it...again)

I tried watching the TRON Uprising show over there and...I just can't take the barrage of Diz-stuff on screen while the show is on and in the commercials. Yes. yes...I can just DVR it like I do now and ignore all of that like I do th CN stuff but...somehow Disney's stuff is a little more obnoxious and hard to ignore.

Please let it end where it is.....let the whole Disney era be a new start...new material...as "kidde-centric" and adorable as it wants and easier for this old fan to ignore...
(The Diz CW will probably be more in common with this week's "cute little Jedi" episode than the "Rebellion" storyline that just wrapped)...

I DVR Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Sooooooooooo glad I do so I can breeze through all the crap at the commercials. :lol

Uh, you're watching that Tron show. It's so kiddy friendly that includes murder, betrayal, torture, totalitarianism, revenge.....and that's just during the last two episodes.

Why do you think Disney is going to "cutify" it? And Lucas already turned his series into a nasty crude excuse for a cartoon, which hopefully won't air....

I'm not trying to get super snarky...I just don't get your thought process.

Uh, you're watching that Tron show. It's so kiddy friendly that includes murder, betrayal, torture, totalitarianism, revenge.....and that's just during the last two episodes.

Why do you think Disney is going to "cutify" it? And Lucas already turned his series into a nasty crude excuse for a cartoon, which hopefully won't air....

Look at your sig for a better example of the bolded. :monkey1

Surprisingly I thought it was a fairly strong episode.
When I saw the younglings I cringed out of reflex to previous episodes that were overtly kid centric.
Filled in some needed lore regarding the Jedi and their sabers.
The crystal cave seemed to be the inverse of the Dagobah cave that Luke received his warning.
Nice to see that their was more to choosing ones crystal.
The blockade runner variant was cool.

Surprisingly I thought it was a fairly strong episode.
When I saw the younglings I cringed out of reflex to previous episodes that were overtly kid centric.
Filled in some needed lore regarding the Jedi and their sabers.
The crystal cave seemed to be the inverse of the Dagobah cave that Luke received his warning.
Nice to see that their was more to choosing ones crystal.
The blockade runner variant was cool.

:goodpost: Now I wanna see the same with the Sith. :(

They have such a reverence about choosing their crystals yet have a tendency of losing their lightsabers all the time.

:goodpost: Now I wanna see the same with the Sith. :(

Agreed! I'm hoping the return of Maul will open up an opportunity to explore the Sith in more detail. I wanna see Palpatine's hidden sanctuary (you know he must have one somewhere!). I wanna see Anakin sent on a mission by Palpatine where he is exposed to some Sith holocrons and the teachings of an ancient Sith like Bane or Revan - to get the wheels turning. I wanna see Maul revealing some profound Sith wisdom to Savage.

I also wanna see a storyline that resolves Ventress's arc while simultaneously filling in her back story from her departure from Rattatak up until becoming Dooku's assasin. I see redemption in the cards for her - let's bring it on home.

Oh, and bringing a younger General Rahm Kota from TFU into the fold would be great! His use of a non-clone militia would have great overtones, especially in light of last season's Krell story arc. Fuel that distrust between clones and Jedi!

I haven't been watching the Tron show...I tried the first episode and watching it on the Disney channel is...not what I want to do...from the "what's on next" pop-ups to the annoying perky commercials, it's just not worth it. I've read and heard good thing about the show...I'm interested enough to want see it when it hits disc WITHOUT having to shift through the Disney crap.

Now I get it...Cartoon Network could be seen as being just as guilty of being annoying with pop-ups and commercials, but CN has a bit of a quirky oddness to it with some of the stuff they push...Disney is just all pat-formula...not something I'm interested in.

I actually enjoy watching the CW show once it hits BR...better quality, no pop-up crap and no annoying trailers and commercials to shift through. Can't say that with the Disney discs....even "The Avengers" has Diz-centric crap you have to hit the forward button several times to get through.

I've enjoyed Filoni's take on Star Wars...it hasn't been perfect and certainly full of it's fair share of bad and mediocre episodes,but when it's good, it's quite good.

With Disney riding herd over it...well, let's just see if they can leave well enough alone and let it finish it's run or if they have to put their own spin on it. We'll see....

Back