Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprisingly I thought it was a fairly strong episode.
When I saw the younglings I cringed out of reflex to previous episodes that were overtly kid centric.
Filled in some needed lore regarding the Jedi and their sabers.
The crystal cave seemed to be the inverse of the Dagobah cave that Luke received his warning.
Nice to see that their was more to choosing ones crystal.
The blockade runner variant was cool.

:exactly:

Didn't have high hopes when I read the preview description but was fairly satisfied after seeing it.

Did anyone read the info on the guide?
It said it was suppose to be a Padme episode.
An old friend asks for help.
Glad it wasn't though,the younglings episode was pretty cool.
All I could think of was Jeff Fisher from American Dad,when that one,arrogant youngling spoke.
I think it was the same voice actor.

Agreed! I'm hoping the return of Maul will open up an opportunity to explore the Sith in more detail. I wanna see Palpatine's hidden sanctuary (you know he must have one somewhere!). I wanna see Anakin sent on a mission by Palpatine where he is exposed to some Sith holocrons and the teachings of an ancient Sith like Bane or Revan - to get the wheels turning. I wanna see Maul revealing some profound Sith wisdom to Savage.

I also wanna see a storyline that resolves Ventress's arc while simultaneously filling in her back story from her departure from Rattatak up until becoming Dooku's assasin. I see redemption in the cards for her - let's bring it on home.

This! would be awesome.

I caught up on the last 2 episodes today and must say I did enjoy them quite a bit. It's a nice change and fairly original to focus on the younglings.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahsoka still seems pretty young to become a knight. Obi-Wan (or at least Ewan) was in his late 20s during The Phantom Menace. And Anakin wasn't a knight until around the age of 19-20, and the's the Chosen One. I know it depends on the Jedi and there's no set age, and Ahsoka has shown a lot of growth, but I feel like she's still learning quite a bit. She got quite a few lessons from Anakin in the previous rebellion arc.

As for lightsabers, there hasn't really been any information establishing when younglings/padawans get one that's at GL level canon, so I think this is establishing the new rule. Something like The Old Republic doesn't really have precedence if George wants to establish something different in The Clone Wars.

Ahsoka still seems pretty young to become a knight. Obi-Wan (or at least Ewan) was in his late 20s during The Phantom Menace. And Anakin wasn't a knight until around the age of 19-20, and the's the Chosen One. I know it depends on the Jedi and there's no set age, and Ahsoka has shown a lot of growth, but I feel like she's still learning quite a bit. She got quite a few lessons from Anakin in the previous rebellion arc.

As for lightsabers, there hasn't really been any information establishing when younglings/padawans get one that's at GL level canon, so I think this is establishing the new rule. Something like The Old Republic doesn't really have precedence if George wants to establish something different in The Clone Wars.

Very true but it is established that Lucas considers Clone Wars canon correct?
Not that it ultimately matters much, for me KotOR is canon and Clone Wars Anakin is much more canon than the movie one so....

Yes, I believe the six (and forthcoming) films and the Clone Wars CG series are the two biggest (and probably only) entries in SW GL-level canon.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Great episode on Saturday.
I'm enjoying the youngling story so far.
Gungi,the Wookie,is my favorite.
His lightsaber is the coolest out of them all!

Why in the world did Kenobi warn Grievous with his gloating holomessage about the self destruct? Worst tactician ever.
He took a page right out of every Bond villains things not to do book.

Why in the world did Kenobi warn Grievous with his gloating holomessage about the self destruct? Worst tactician ever.
He took a page right out of every Bond villains things not to do book.

Because he's a goodie two-shoes Jedi! :)
I was also wondering why Grevious didn't just shoot the escape pods from his vessel.

But I have to say I really enjoyed the episode, it finally show Grevious as the feared General that he is mean to be.
And a drunk Mando (?) is just priceless.

Back