Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BOOM.

1717720336817.png

This right here is the only effective way to voice displeasure to Disney. If you like their show (say like Andor) sub. If you dislike it (like Mando s3), unsub. The data they receive will tell them what we want more of and what we want less of. Extends to merch too. Let those Hobo Luke's and Identity thief Rey's pegwarm.

Nah. You expected way too much. Us younger guys are happy with the turn we got. I don’t know what you guys expected from his turn to good to evil but I will agree the w ring wasn’t that great and yes the pt has issues but a lot of the emotion was there lol
And that's all good and well for you younglings. Regarding those "expectations" though, let me tell you there weren't alot of that going around back in the day. I haven't met a single gen X Star Wars fan who even asked for ep.1-3 to happen. What we wanted was ep.7-9 with a new dark threat rising while the rebels kept exploring the galaxy. Some mysteries are better left untouched and it was painfully obvious from the very beginning that Lucas needed to leave Darth Vader alone. The anticipation was to see Luke become more powerful and to delve into the criminal underworld with more characters like Jabba and Boba Fett, which is exactly what grown up gen X'ers did as soon as they got the chance.

RT audience score is 100% partly due to review bombing, pretty obvious when you actually read a bunch of them.

The show is decent, not amazing, but it’s definitely not worse than BOBF or OWK so far.

This show could be zero % woke and it’s still cheap looking with cringe looking characters and dialogue.

You want great adult fare SW just watch Andor.

You want great swashbuckling SW just watch Mando S1-S2 and last 2 episodes of S3 (starting with the great Praetorian guard take down of Vizla).

I am a proud owner of both in 4K!

This high republic stuff is super cringe.

I love these, apart from the fact it's set thousands of years before any of the movies but a lot of it looks just like the PT.

This high republic stuff is super cringe.

It could be really good on paper, if this is meant to be the Jedi at their absolute peak and how it all fell apart and they reduced in numbers. It's already been done in the PT but they've elevated the Jedi even higher this time and given them more control over the galaxy, it seems, like a mirror of the Empire only it's meant to be more of a Eutopia. I dunno, I've not actually engaged with any of it, just what I've picked up on from bits and pieces.

But it's Disney so it will be lackluster.

Last edited:
It should, but it wont. If thats how things worked, we would have seen a turnaround after the last trilogy. Instead with each new project they double down again. Because this time, THIS!!!! TIME!!!!! its *going* to work out how they want, to screams of public acclaim. The only show to escape this was the first two seasons of "Mandalorian," which you may recall actually DID come with screams of public acclaim. Huh. Season three had a heaping helping of The New Formula, and again as you may have noticed... it didnt do nearly as well. We went from bounty hunting to a space tea party.

I think the final straw for me was this Leslye person telling everyone basically: "If you have a problem with my show, then I consider you not to be a true fan." But haha, my dear Leslye! You don't get a say in mine or anyone else's fandom! No one asked for nor cares about your attempts to gate!

Pollice verso.
I’m baffled by the hubris of some of these directors/writers. How about “Hey, I’m really proud of what we put together, I hope it will appeal to fans of any generation” and just get on with it. Realise that it’s impossible to please everyone and accept there will be people that won’t connect with it.
I can’t speak with any authority of it’s quality because I don’t feel compelled to watch it. Shows like OWK and BOBF burned me and I really wanted to like them!
I’m actually happy to let things roll on by, like Dial of Destiny or Rebel Moon.

Back