Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1717754258827.png

Found this leaked picture online, which seems to confirm that at some point a "Jabba & Salacious Dumb: A Star Wars Story" was in the works...

So many claims of review bombing and there likely is some, but everyone ignores the artificial review inflation from paid and unpaid shills, bots and those looking to stick it to the evil fans (there are tons, you can tell just by reading those super positive reviews). I say ignore all the 1/5 and 5/5 scores and see how the average looks then.

Also keep in mind, a 5.1 out of 10 is considered a positive review by RT. Many of those "fresh" reviews are not what anyone would consider positive. When you take that in to account the disconnect between critic and audience scores shrinks a lot.

From what I have seen so far, this show is not the worst quality Star Wars show so far. Thus far it has yet to harm the lore as much as the ST. The dialogue is terrible and the story appears to lack logic while being laiden with modern political messaging so it isn't a masterpiece either. I expect the show to be a 4/10 in the end. If it destroys the lore in a massive way it won't matter how good the production value, acting, direction, set design etc etc is, fans will consider it a 1/10 even if normies consider it an 8/10. Part of how good something is is how well it fits into the larger puzzle.

I've got nothing better to do so here's how the audience reviews are spread out on the first 3-4 pages...

ratings.PNG

Weird how that translates to 27%, it looks pretty evenly spread, more on the extreme ends, even in the middle.

I've got nothing better to do so here's how the audience reviews are spread out on the first 3-4 pages...

View attachment 706752

Weird how that translates to 27%, it looks pretty evenly spread, more on the extreme ends, even in the middle.
Looks like no review bombing there. Just positive bombing with all those 5 star reviews

On IMDB some of the positive reviews admitted they were over-rating to counteract the "trolls" who were rating it 1/10.

So in effect the IMDB score should be even lower than it currently is. (Now down to 4.6 / 10).

You have to take any ratings with a pinch of salt, though Disney will of course claim "review bombing" to protect their stock.

The proof is in the pudding: your personal experience.

Currently my personal experience is that it's just a very bland show, and the intentions behind it are more important to Disney than the Star Wars product itself.

On IMDB some of the positive reviews admitted they were over-rating to counteract the "trolls" who were rating it 1/10.

So in effect the IMDB score should be even lower than it currently is. (Now down to 4.6 / 10).

Why would you only take away the positive reviews and not the 1/10 as well? People who review bomb it aren't going to admit it was actually better than what they rated it.

Why would you only take away the positive reviews and not the 1/10 as well? People who review bomb it aren't going to admit it was actually better than what they rated it.
Which is why I suggested ignoring all 1/5 (1, 1.5 and 2/10) and all 5/5 (9, 9.5 and 10/10) ratings. What is in between is more accurate. Overall so far seems to be a bland show. By seasons end the score could change for better or for worse but thus far it is mediocre at best

It's not about taking the 1/10s away, it's imagining what the score would actually be if those that admitted over-rating entered what they really believed.

But as I wrote, you have to take any ratings with a pinch of salt. The only true rating is your own.

It's not about taking the 1/10s away, it's imagining what the score would actually be if those that admitted over-rating entered what they really believed.

But as I wrote, you have to take any ratings with a pinch of salt. The only true rating is your own.

I get that, but it seemed odd to only imagine how bad it would be taking away the false positives and not the false negatives as well.

Which is why I suggested ignoring all 1/5 (1, 1.5 and 2/10) and all 5/5 (9, 9.5 and 10/10) ratings. What is in between is more accurate. Overall so far seems to be a bland show. By seasons end the score could change for better or for worse but thus far it is mediocre at best

Median ratings are always the way to go with the Disney stuff.

I have zero love for it in any way, and (contrary to what some people on here think) I have zero hate as well. I'm so burnt out, all I have left is utter apathy.

So saying that, and after what I watched... 4.6 is more than fair from an objective point of view, regarding film/tv making basics 101.

It doesn't do anything we haven't seen a thousands times before elsewhere. It's by-the-numbers. It typical 2024 writing that has nothing to elevate it beyond anything more than mediocre at best. There is nothing amazing about it whatsoever.

Why is Andor so much better than any DSW? Because, by his own admission, Tony Gilroy hates SW. So he couldn't give a **** about fans or his own hubris and agenda; his first concern is great writing and storytelling. He was able to effortlessly couple that with a phenomenally talent diverse cast that didn't draw attention to themselves via controversy or poor behavior.

I get that, but it seemed odd to only imagine how bad it would be taking away the false positives and not the false negatives as well.
The one thing I will say is that some overly low ratings could be due to feeling insulted (TLJ was not a 1/10 movie, it had redeeming qualities such as the visuals, some of the acting, VFX etc) but many rated it 1/10 because of how it damaged Star Wars as a framchise. So, many 1 star reviews are not artificial review bombing but rather overly emotional upset fans. That means that their rating is genuine in their eyes while the "rating it 10 to stick it to the trolls" folk are obviously not rating it genuinely from their own point of view. So while the 1/10's are not useful they do usually show more of the fanbase sentiment towards the show than the 10/10's. Still not worth counting but at least in that aspect more valuable for determining how fans feel.

Last edited:
I have zero love for it in any way, and (contrary to what some people on here think) I have zero hate as well. I'm so burnt out, all I have left is utter apathy.

So saying that, and after what I watched... 4.6 is more than fair from an objective point of view, regarding film/tv making basics 101.

It doesn't do anything we haven't seen a thousands times before elsewhere. It's by-the-numbers. It typical 2024 writing that has nothing to elevate it beyond anything more than mediocre at best. There is nothing amazing about it whatsoever.

Why is Andor so much better than any DSW? Because, by his own admission, Tony Gilroy hates SW. So he couldn't give a **** about fans or his own hubris and agenda; his first concern is great writing and storytelling. He was able to effortlessly couple that with a phenomenally talent diverse cast that didn't draw attention to themselves via controversy or poor behavior.
I am sure that had he gone around talking endlessly about the lesbian characters in the show (Cinta and Vel) people would have been less likely to give the show a chance. People want to know how good a story and how much effort you put into making it the best show possible (Gilroy approach), not about who is sleeping with who, whether the cast mostly has outies or innies or what hue of skin tone is on screen at any time (the usual Disney approach).

This show (Acolyte) was handicapped before even starting the race due to the marketing. Even if it ends up good in the end many will have skipped it due to all the current day stuff in the run up to the show releasing.

Last edited:
The one thingvI will say is that some overly low ratings could be due to feeling insulted (TLJ was not a 1/10 movie, it had redeeming qualities such as the visuals, some of the acting, VFX etc) but many rated it 1/10 because of how it damaged Star Wars as a framchise. So, many 1 star reviews are not artificial review bombing but rather overly emotional upset fans. That means that their rating is genuine in their eyes while the "rating it 10 to stick it to the trolls" folk are obviously not rating it genuinely from their own point of view. So while the 1/10's are not useful they do usually show more of the fanbase sentiment towards the show than the 10/10's. Still not worth counting but at least in that aspect more valuable for determining how fans feel.
Mmmmm, yeeeeaaahhhhh....I don't think 1's as a way of sticking it to Disney are somehow more valid as the 1's who are sticking it to the trolls, purely because it's a Disney property. It's a show rating, not a culture war rating.

So, its dropping at a steady rate as people tune in and view. Monday would be the key after the viewings on the weekend. I would imagine other than the must sees, that would be when the most viewings happen.

Personally, I'm waiting to see what happens next week after ep3 airs and how people take to the lore changing episode. Will it go as low as the teens?

Back