Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not watched The Acolyte and I probably never will, so I have no say in any of this. I just wanted to make a general observation, and that is that the folks over at Rebelscum seem to be more accepting of the show than people on CollectorFreaks. I wonder why?

'anti star wars fan' star wars fans are such a bunch of drama queens. If they see folk disliking something it must be false dammit!

Seriously though, yeah, people in general view things subjectively and rate based on emotion rather than objectivity. It is human nature and describes majority of humans. Saw a review yesterday of a car dealership. Woman rated it 1 star because the used car she bought didn't have perfect paint and her toddler was bored due to waiting.
There you go!!!
I love when people review a product on Amazon as 1 star because it was delivered late......

I have not watched The Acolyte and I probably never will, so I have no say in any of this. I just wanted to make a general observation, and that is that the folks over at Rebelscum seem to be more accepting of the show than people on CollectorFreaks. I wonder why?
There was a big splinter here many years back, some of it comes from that.

I'll say this about reviews. The super positive 10/10, is likely contaminated with bots. Just like every other product these days.....

The 1/1 reviews are contaminated as well, with many of those just being people with a bone to pick about social issue and anti Disney attitudes, and likely bots as well.

So it's next to impossible to tease out what percent of those are genuine on both sides.

I remember when TLJ came out reading hundreds of reviews on it as 1 star before it even premiered.....

As usual the truth resides somewhere in the middle.

Of the people who have seen it, some like it , some do not.

Eventually I'll get around to watching it, and give it the best review I can., although I tend to be forgiving of any sci fi , mostly due to growing up in an era with very little content to enjoy in this realm.

I do find watched these series after they are all released in a block seems to make for a better experience. Obi Wan was much better the second time around when I watched it in a single block, rather than nitpicking each episode each week,

The show could have the same exact physic rules as ANH and ESB and it would still be dollar store imitation SW.
Exactly, so Jahns picking up on that when there was so much more crap to point out. Talk about desperate to please the masses or just jumping on the band wagon.

Folks, please refrain from making jokes at the expense of any particular group or label, even if you belong to such a group, and you are poking fun at yourself.

Folks, please refrain from making jokes at the expense of any particular group or label, even if you belong to such a group, and you are poking fun at yourself.
Well then...

1lwmbW7eYML9kLjpCA.webp

;)

Back