Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess there is always the possibility that by the end of this series OSHA will become my favorite Star Wars character….

Spoiler Spoiler:

I just saw a news story two days ago that said park revenue is down quite a bit since the pandemic.

So yeah, when your big earner is faltering -- the parks -- its time to cut corners and rethink financial strategies. Disney over-extended hugely over the last 20 years; more parks, buying huge franchises, even a studio (Fox)... the bill comes due.
The pandemic set up a HUGE year of revenge travel to the parks . The last two years have been off the charts with profits, but as stated before, the fix has been satisfied for now, and people are not going yearly due to expense.

The sad fact though is the problem who ARE going are spending 2x as much as the previous yearly park goers. That cannot sustain itself, as most big spenders are not yearly visitors. They really neeeded the yearly pass as well.

All around Chapek screw up the parks in a major way , and we are seeing the results of his mismanagement. It's gonna take years to recruit the imagineers he alienated and lost....you cannot replace that kind of talent with the lowest paid contractor.

https://www.thepopverse.com/tv-star...eslye-headland-high-republic-2024-disney-plus

Star Wars: The Acolyte season 2 planning is already underway, with showrunner teasing some familiar faces​

Oh, but there is something Headland was willing to tease about a second season: more familiar faces. Despite the time period of the show, there’s only one character from The High Republic books and comics to show up in the first season of The Acolyte — spoilers, it’s Vernestra Rwoh — but there’s a very specific reason for that, Headland said: “Part of that is because I wanted to save some people for Season 2.”

Okay, now are you excited for more Acolyte? Yeah, I thought so.

laughing.gif

One thing I won’t do is put this show in the same category as Boba Fett.

Yes Boba Fett was bad but there were some redeeming qualities with it but more importantly the bad parts made for alot of laughter especially here, am I right!

Make no mistake about it this show is not only bad there is no laughter to come out of it just bland locations, cringy characters and corny dialogue., no fun to be had.

Boba Intimidating rabbit droid > Gen Z Sith.
And so the BOBF revisionism begins.

Victory at last, maybe?... Scarily enough the moderator who deleted my previous fire-in-space comments accused me of wanting to throw a certain category of people (which shall never again be mentioned) on the actual space fire. W.T.A.F.?!... I may have written some borderline ambiguous crap on these boards a few times, but that "interpretation" of my poor attempt at a joke is not even remotely valid. You can (hopefully still) check it out for yourself if you wish, just above this post. The wording is exactly the same as in my two previously deleted texts (except for the now "optional" character bit in the brackets, which I changed). If anyone else on here did read it like I wanted to physically hurt people, please let me know...

"the moderator" is trying to keep things on topic. The entire mod team is.

Thread drift is normal, but what we are seeing here is thread diversion, so we are discussing options on how to handle things because there are some off topic subjects we have historically taken issue with that clearly need to be discussed.

So, give us a couple of days to talk it out. I think right now we have a pretty good idea of how to handle it. The mods and I are here to facilitate things. The retired mods in this thread can attest to this.

If you feel something is removed and shouldn't be, send me a pm. I am happy to take a look and hear you out.

I say AcNOlyte

Look the next 6 episodes migt be the best SW since Mando S1-2 and Andor and if it is i’ll be the first to admit it and sing its praise I don’t care about the creators and actors personal life opinions, skin color, sexual orientations or gender ownership if I did Luke Skywalker wouldn’t be one of my favorite fictional character of all time.

But I can only go off the first 2 episodes and it doesn’t look promising.

I’m gladly adding to Disney + viewership numbers because I will continue watching….until I don’t.

I think the issue is that since so many shows/movies have modern socio political elements put into them (both on screen and behind the scenes) it is impossible to discuss them without discussing those issues. It used to be that such subjects never came up but now? Well, impossible to avoid.

I think the issue is that since so many shows/movies have modern socio political elements put into them (both on screen and behind the scenes) it is impossible to discuss them without discussing those issues. It used to be that such subjects never came up but now? Well, impossible to avoid.
:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

Unfortunately the problem with this specific show is that the creator specifically said the DNA of the show is directly attached to race and gender and that the show couldn’t go forward without those voices driving the story from the writers room so the creator and Lucasfilm have decided to make it the main driving force of the show and not let the show speak for itself we’re almost forced to include it in the discussion of the show because I think that’s what Lucasfilm wants to happen I think that’s their intentions.

I do want to bring up one thing though I mentioned in a recent post that OSHA could end up being my favorite SW character by the end of the show and of course I’m saying that as a joke because even if she was amazing she would never surpass my beloved characters from the OT not even the PT, ST or Mando would ever accomplish that.

I used the hilarious laughing chimps driving gif to punctuate my joke.

My favorite laughing gif of all time is also one of the most famous ones and that is Michael Jordan ask Khev him and I always use that one all the time lol

There are a few others including the funny chimps I mean how can you not laugh at chimps driving and acting goofy lol

Hell many of my favorite gifs are all people of color I mean who doesn’t love the little black boy peacing out and disappearing they’re freaking awesome.

Not all are people of color mind you but many are of course I love the YES head nods from Star Trek or the laughing white puppets or even this lady that I use alot…

1717945980559.gif

Lets just say that there are dozens of human and animal gifs I love of all types, genders and colors.

Someone recently who will remain anonymous out of respect for them asked me to be careful about attaching the chimps to the OSHA actress because of the color of her skin and the last thing in my mind when I posted that was the color of her skin I used that gif because it’s freaking hilarious and perfectly conveyed my feelings on the joke.

I’m not changing the gif, not that anyone has asked me to do so, because I used it without bad intentions so it remains there because I’m not that kind of person.

I am married to a person of color, I was born in a country that is home to the largest population of people of African descent outside of Africa (born in the Amazon jungle no less lol) and my father was from the middle east and we take our son to a pool, activites and more importantly picked his school that is predominantly people of color because we don’t want to raise a son with isolated thoughts his mother and I want him to speak multiple languages and understand and respect different cultures like we do.

What I don’t need in my life are my favorite fictional IPs being hijacked by forced agendas that don’t match up with the customer base that made the brand famous to begin with.

I don’t mind IP’s branching out to different sectors but it’s gotta be done organically and with respect to the existing customer base and more importantly with respect to story and world building coming first and not from a place of accusations and punishment thru character deconstruction towards the core foundational fans and let’s be honest the only reason they’re experimenting is for profit not because they really care about what they’re preaching and they must know by now that it’s not working out for them.

Stop perceiving your core customer base as some historical oppressors.

Profit will come when you show respect for EVERYONE.

Last edited:
Well where to start on this:

2 episodes in:

Bad script check: so many examples so why bother…
Bad writing check:
I am an Acolyte / Jedi so: I can fight like I am in Matix — but I am so unaware that I run into strangers on the street, get hit by a slow moving vehicle and the apothecary dude can parry my now basic fighting moves.
The Jedi squad come across as bumbling fools.
Where have I seen this before? Ah right Disney Star Wars

If you haven’t seen this- my recommendation is to give this a wide birth and pass…

I agree to an extent.

I think some people are being duped into discussing these things as an organic form of promotion. It’s divisive and that is the point.

The issue ends up being that it consumes the conversation and sets a combative tone from those that would like to discuss politics, and those that want to discuss the other elements of the shows/games/etc. Especially here where there is a single thread per property, one must sift through DEI talk in order to find and discuss any other elements of the show. Then there are the purely political posts that just latch onto whatever they can to discuss their political opinions.

Like I said the mods and I are discussing solutions and if anyone has any thoughts please send me a pm.

:lecture

As a moderator it was a nightmare trying to maintain the forum rules by keeping socio-political discussion out of threads.

The forum has, for good reason, rules against hate speech:

D. Hate Speech. While we believe everyone has a right to express their point of view, even if it is unpopular, we don't permit hate speech (speech that attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity).​

Since socio-political elements are indelibly tied to The Acolyte, which can't be denied because the creators keep reminding everyone of their intentions, the only sensible option is to make sure that any discussion that inevitably touches on those subjects is done respectfully.

Star Wars is no more political now than it was in 1977. The difference is now that Star Wars is being handled by multiple creatives rather than just one and not everything is going to align with everyones views.

Everyone is different and it's almost impossible for creators not to insert parts of themselves and their own views into the things they create.

People may not agree with said views, and that's fine - just don't watch or support it, but when it starts devolving into the "woke garbage, they're trying to erase white people" nonsense that's when it starts to become tiring.

I'm never going to watch the live action Disney movie remakes like The Little Mermaid or Snow White because I don't agree with changing established characters identities. If people want to create new, cool and interesting diverse characters/stories then I'm all for it. But I'm not gonna attack any of the actors involved or anything, I just wont support it.

The news could break today that Wesley Snipes was gay during the making of Blade 1 and 2 and remains gay to this day and I wouldn’t give a flying ****.

That movie is still a 10 out of 10 and he will always be a bad ass in those 2 movies!

Every fan Lucasfilm has labeled as toxic wouldn’t give a flying ****!

KK returned to that well again just last week…sigh.

Always bet on black and demolition man lol

Just GIVE US GREAT CONTENT is all we’re asking for.

Back