Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The official numbers dropped and it's down 25% viewership than Ahsoka for the same period of days, so not off to a great start.

If the next episode is as divisive as has been suggested, those numbers may get a lot worse.

Personally I've got no skin in it anymore as the first episode didn't grab me enough to keep going, but it will be interesting to observe if there will be The Last Jedi conversations, or is there too many people that have just dialed-out and don't care anymore either way?

This time tomorrow we'll know.

The official numbers dropped and it's down 25% viewership than Ahsoka for the same period of days, so not off to a great start.

If the next episode is as divisive as has been suggested, those numbers may get a lot worse.

Personally I've got no skin in it anymore as the first episode didn't grab me enough to keep going, but it will be interesting to observe if there will be The Last Jedi conversations, or is there too many people that have just dialed-out and don't care anymore either way?

This time tomorrow we'll know.
(I saw TLJ twice in theaters and don't regret it, because of the visuals, and also, Mark Hamill gave a stellar performance (whether folks liked the arc or not). Also, the first time I saw it was an opening fan event, folks in costumes and swag, which was cool. 😁 )

......thanks to the more careful You-Tubers extracting examples to illustrate the inconsistencies/performances etc. I've pretty well seen the whole thing so far, even tho I already checked out.

Unfortunately unlike Solo which had its flaws, so far I'm not thinking "I shouldn't have listened to the negativity, there is some cool stuff here even if I have to squint in some scenes". E.g. Solo IMO has an interesting villain and/or villainess, charisma, visuals. It's entertaining in parts.

The only positive I have for this series so far, is occasionally some nice scenery.

The dislikes would include:
Spoiler Spoiler:

E.g., IMO it's a production that's just "there" so I'll agree with some YT critics on that score. 3/10. Unless it picks up. But the obvious inclusion of the Dathomir mysterious witches for me, since it's CW rehash, isn't doing it for me out of the gate. (IMO that was another unneeded conceit of Filoni's in CW, like the unkillable Ahsoka. )

I think I get what the showrunner was trying for; but IMO it was beyond the skill set of the writers/directors. In turn, it's hard to draw stellar performances out of the actors. E.g., it doesn't matter what they do, coz at least so far it's all so bland, IMO. Andor's B2 is way more moving.

I wish they would release more numbers. I know they declared Obi-Wan the most watched Disney+ premiere ever. I have a feeling it’s been all diminishing returns since then. I’m honestly surprised they gave the 5-day viewership numbers for this and let it be known it fell short of Ahsoka. I can’t imagine continuing to spend $180 million on shows that only about 5% of your subscribers are watching.

In other news...

On Rotten Tomatoes the audience score has settled back to its natural level of 26%:

ta.jpg

On IMDB it dropped below 4.4 during this thread's holiday:

ta2.jpg

ta3.jpg

Sadly yet another Hollywood cinematographer was shot and killed on set. This time it wasn't the result of an errant gunshot but rather the button that was barely holding together this Jedi's robe finally burst and flew across the set, killing her instantly. :monkey3

1718133449039.png

:chase

Drunk3PO's latest video starts off talking about the plot point of episode 3, "...the big one, the one where everything is changed, the story of Anakin, the story of Luke, the story of Rey, the story of the Force...it's pretty much what everyone is saying that...

Spoiler Spoiler:

...now, is that what happened to Anakin? Is that what's going on with the Skywalkers? Is that what happened with Rey now that everything is finally told about how these special beings are created?"

Well, George did have Shmi Skywalker do the Virgin Mary routine. :unsure:

Qui-gon: "Who is the father?"

Shmi: "There was no father. There was...another mother." Dun dun DUNNNNN!

Alan Ng of Film Threat, who got to see the first four episodes early, described episode 3 showing the Force to be a "matriarchy".

He didn't spell it out like Drunk3PO, but it explains why it's being received as a seismic shift in the history of Star Wars. It's what Kennedy wanted all along. First it was just a T-shirt, but now it's going to be canon.

Alan Ng of Film Threat, who got to see the first four episodes early, described episode 3 showing the Force to be a "matriarchy".

He didn't spell it out like Drunk3PO, but it explains why it's being received as a seismic shift in the history of Star Wars. It's what Kennedy wanted all along. First it was just a T-shirt, but now it's going to be canon.
Thankfully I'm at the same place as that Anchorman gif where he says he isn't even mad. Like many I just don't care what they do any more. KK has obviously reimagined Star Wars in her own image and the new "canon" just isn't something I recognize or even acknowledge.

Back