Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankfully I'm at the same place as that Anchorman gif where he says he isn't even mad. Like many I just don't care what they do any more. KK has obviously reimagined Star Wars in her own image and the new "canon" just isn't something I recognize or even acknowledge.

I've had my own head canon for years, as I've always thought that the original expanded universe novels were more in line with the direction of the OT.

Though I do prefer some of the Disney series and movies (not the ST!) to the PT, as they feel more 'OT' oriented than Lucas' own PT.

Drunk3PO's latest video starts off talking about the plot point of episode 3, "...the big one, the one where everything is changed, the story of Anakin, the story of Luke, the story of Rey, the story of the Force...it's pretty much what everyone is saying that...

Spoiler Spoiler:

...now, is that what happened to Anakin? Is that what's going on with the Skywalkers? Is that what happened with Rey now that everything is finally told about how these special beings are created?"

Well, George did have Shmi Skywalker do the Virgin Mary routine. :unsure:
*Frown* IMO just more watering down of something MYTSICAL and EPIC, to a cheap imitation/co-opting

Spoiler Spoiler:

The ratings might drop, but due to the hype episode 3 might have record breaking viewing figures for Disney to brag about!

Aside from the fun of having a self-satisfied actress and showrunner call me names, whatever's going on, IMO this is just one of those shows that will fade like a mouse fart. Anyone ever re-watch Shanararara or whatever it was? I am interested in D+ rotations tho - do they plan to keep shows no-one rewatches on their servers or will it be the Willow 2 treatment.:acme

Last edited:
I've had my own head canon for years, as I've always thought that the original expanded universe novels were more in line with the direction of the OT.

Though I do prefer some of the Disney series and movies (not the ST!) to the PT, as they feel more 'OT' oriented than Lucas' own PT.
Yeah. I've had my own canon since the PT and technically even earlier since I ignored pretty much all of the comics and novels that came out before them. It hasn't been all bad on Disney's watch with some stellar standouts like RO and the first two Mando seasons and as goofy as they are BOBF and Mando Season 3 do provide a nice send-off with Mando and Grogu chilling at his cabin.

Unless there's a regime change I can't imagine doing anything other than amusedly keeping an eye on the ups and downs of the new "canon" from a safe, detached distance.

Exactly. I've been saying the same thing ever since Disney announced the buyout: it doesn't matter. None of this matters. None of it is "real" Star Wars. The only reason to be upset about this stuff is if you believe it has any kind of legitimacy simply because of the copyright registration at the very end of the credits.

the two women...

View attachment 707344

Life creates Art.

Why is she wearing Harry Carey's glasses? Does she think those are in fashion again? Were they EVER in fashion???

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 16-24-20 Harry Caray.png

Yeah. I've had my own canon since the PT and technically even earlier since I ignored pretty much all of the comics and novels that came out before them. It hasn't been all bad on Disney's watch with some stellar standouts like RO and the first two Mando seasons and as goofy as they are BOBF and Mando Season 3 do provide a nice send-off with Mando and Grogu chilling at his cabin.

Unless there's a regime change I can't imagine doing anything other than amusedly keeping an eye on the ups and downs of the new "canon" from a safe, detached distance.

I'll throw Solo in there too. I have a soft spot for that movie, even though it messes with the EU where his family name really was Solo.

The one that gets me is the ST, because the post ROTJ stories were so good and could just have been adapted for the screen, with the legacy of Jaina, Jacen and Anakin, rather than stroppy Kylo and upstart Rey (!)

The transition from OT to EU was seamless with writers who respected the universe George built, and understood it.

Instead Disney opted to re-invent the wheel...

SWone_Image.jpg

I'll throw Solo in there too. I have a soft spot for that movie, even though it messes with the EU where his family name really was Solo.

The one that gets me is the ST, because the post ROTJ stories were so good and could just have been adapted for the screen, with the legacy of Jaina, Jacen and Anakin, rather than stroppy Kylo and upstart Rey (!)

The transition from OT to EU was seamless with writers who respected the universe George built, and understood it.

Instead Disney opted to re-invent the wheel...
IMO it was a shame there wasn't a Solo 2, since Q'ra was an interesting character and the cast had charisma.

I'd say the ST had possibilities that were wasted.

And as often been said, IMO it's all down to poor narrative/writing to begin with. Which began with the move to hiring cheaper writers, often entire rooms of them, with debatable innate talent and/or indifference to the lore, starting with Captain Marvel (who dissed Nick Fury and the editing was terrible); then the questionable casting choices; and possibly choosing not to option (being cheap) already well-written material and adapting it to screen.

Which DIDN'T happen with the successful Amazon Jack Reacher effort, which is rolling on to Season 3. Amazon apparently put Alan Ritchson through it in casting. See the difference when a production puts their backs into it?

To me what is most remarkable is that at this point, by being cheap, millions have been blown (apparently Captain America is being re-shot) and IMO Hot Toys would be wise to skip any characters from this line. MILLIONS. Fire all these writers' rooms and start hiring people like Tony Gilroy (Andor). Heck bring in the Russos.

The official numbers dropped and it's down 25% viewership than Ahsoka for the same period of days, so not off to a great start.

If the next episode is as divisive as has been suggested, those numbers may get a lot worse.

Personally I've got no skin in it anymore as the first episode didn't grab me enough to keep going, but it will be interesting to observe if there will be The Last Jedi conversations, or is there too many people that have just dialed-out and don't care anymore either way?

This time tomorrow we'll know.
I wouldn’t really compare the viewership to Ahsoka. They might both be under the Star Wars label but one is about a character with almost 2 decades of history now.

I wouldn’t really compare the viewership to Ahsoka. They might both be under the Star Wars label but one is about a character with almost 2 decades of history now.

I wouldn't either. However things turn out, Ahsoka was populated by characters at least the fan base knew; and bein' a Rebels/CW fan I was gonna watch.

On the other hand:
"I’ve been on Andor for five years now. We’re finishing the second half. I’ve had a lot of fun over the years, but I don’t know whether I’ve ever done anything as important as these 24 hours of storytelling we’re doing now". - Tony Gilroy at the Writers' Guild of America receiving an award for career achievement. (https://x.com/WGAEast/status/1779687302102450416)

Imagine what might have been, if Disney hadn't started going cheap with hiring people:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2. Apparently in the parks as well (I've never been, but it sounds like I missed the best years.)

Also notice, "as important as these 24 hours of STORYTELLING". Problem is, except for some details here and there, I've already seen the Acolyte and done better. Like, I've never been an Ahsoka fan but at least she got some epicness with Darth Maul and their interchange in CW.

Sadly yet another Hollywood cinematographer was shot and killed on set. This time it wasn't the result of an errant gunshot but rather the button that was barely holding together this Jedi's robe finally burst and flew across the set, killing her instantly. :monkey3

View attachment 707343

:chase
Is… is that a fat jedi?

Drunk3PO's latest video starts off talking about the plot point of episode 3, "...the big one, the one where everything is changed, the story of Anakin, the story of Luke, the story of Rey, the story of the Force...it's pretty much what everyone is saying that...

Spoiler Spoiler:

...now, is that what happened to Anakin? Is that what's going on with the Skywalkers? Is that what happened with Rey now that everything is finally told about how these special beings are created?"

Well, George did have Shmi Skywalker do the Virgin Mary routine. :unsure:
Oh really? Well I’ll be back tomorrow to see the results. This will def be the final nail in the coffin for a lot of people 😂

Hasbro unveiled all their Osha merch today. Just like Reva, she'll be available in six inch, 4 inch, retro, and six inch hologram version.

Just what every little boy is dying to see under the Christmas tree this year, I'm sure.

Also, the packaging gives her last name. Not sure if they said it on the show yet or not. But it's "Aniseya."

Hmmmm.

Aniseya.

Ani Seya

An i S y a

Wonder how they came up with that one?

Back