Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m still not sold on this sith yet…

IMG_9574.jpeg

"Apparently," it if you like The Last Jedi, you'll like this.

I take that as - if you are a franchise addict, and love anything the has the logo slapped on it, you'll be fine.

But if you are a fan of Lucas era lore (particularly OT) - it's done and dusted forever. Completely changes the lore. (And you need to see the whole series for this to all come out - not just the first two June 4 episodes).

Good news - it can stand as a single story, it doesn't need any further seasons. So for those who enjoy it, it definitely can continue, but doesn't need to.

So, the first 2 episodes drop tomorrow for the Acolyte. They are very slow and uneventful. But, next week when episode 3 airs....

Screenshot (6101).png

Alan Ing is part of Film Threat. He was given the first 4 episodes and watched them, but the usual NDA applied. This is what he had to say. If you want to see him try to talk about it the best he can, here's a clip video..

He said Film Threat's own video with Chris Gore will be up tomorrow morning..

Some other things/rumors floating around is it has something to do with Yoda..

I predict lots of action in this thread... :lol

Mmmmmm, as a white male, I have never felt like someone was at war with me? What I have seen is a decrease in overall white male hero roles, which even with that decrease still seem to have a strong place in film and tv as a primary character or a secondary character. Ye audience is now recognized as more diverse, and people want to see themselves as the hero on the screen.

None of these casting choices threaten my testosterone levels or place in society. Most places are still dominated by male white power structure.

I applaud typically stereotyped and diminished cultures and genders taking their place amoung the previous elite class, and I totally get why they are trying to push their positions as far as they can, considering they usually do not get any roles unless they have advocates helping them.

A quick wiki search shows only 5 Oscar wins for black actors since 1958.....and pretty sure the earliest 2 can be discounted and a "feel good" move by Hollywood to pat itself on the back.

Only 1 win for a female black actress....ever.

Why is this? Surely white actors are not better than black ones? No, of course it's representation and roles that could garner that kind of attention going to traditional white actors.....it's pretty obvious.

Same for LGBTQ. Show me a role for a LGBTQ actor that got an academy award that said actor was already known to be gay and and/Or played a gay role? The one actor that won an academy award for a gay role was......straight....it's laughable.

White replacement theory is laughable in the current age, and nothing more than fear mongering and incitement. It's a political tool and it works.

Plenty of roles out here for everyone, and the fact that white actors may have to lose there roles to competition really irks some folks.....maybe they are just not the best choice for the roles????? Either that or it's some vast conspiracy to replace white people?

Last check plenty of straight white males have plenty of LEAD roles all over television and movies.
I always love your subtle implication that the reason white people may have a problem with this is that they are racist or homophobic.

My problem with all of this is the false representation of actual life. Percentage wise whites are about 70% of the U.S population versus 12% of blacks. So when a show comes around like this with what looks like 1 white role it tells me that they are pushing an agenda. You don’t cure racism or make films equally diverse by going 180% the opposite way.

Same way with homosexuality. About 3-4% of the population is homosexual. Yet almost every show on the air has a homosexual character. Again, over represented.

As far as Oscars. Of course in our recent past I’m sure some black films were passed over due to literal racism. But we’ve come a long way. Did you ever think that some of the black films maybe didn’t win because they were up against something better? The new guidelines are a slap in the face to blacks. It’s telling them that they can’t win something on their own and oddly enough need help from white people to win an award. I don’t know about you but I would be disgusted if I won an award because there was an agenda that needed filled.

Last edited:
The new guidelines are a slap in the face to blacks. It’s telling them that they can’t win something on their own and oddly enough need help from white people to win an award. I don’t know about you but I would be disgusted if I won an award because there was an agenda that needed filled.
the soft bigotry of low expectations is the term for it

So, the first 2 episodes drop tomorrow for the Acolyte. They are very slow and uneventful. But, next week when episode 3 airs....

View attachment 705887

Alan Ing is part of Film Threat. He was given the first 4 episodes and watched them, but the usual NDA applied. This is what he had to say. If you want to see him try to talk about it the best he can, here's a clip video..

He said Film Threat's own video with Chris Gore will be up tomorrow morning..

Some other things/rumors floating around is it has something to do with Yoda..

I predict lots of action in this thread... :lol

Listening to this it made me think of GOTs. Majority of watchers loved 1-7 of GOTs. Then for some reason in season 8 they changed the majority of the story arc. Just like this they didn’t give the fans what they wanted. They thumbed their noses and deliberately did their own thing. As a result season 8 is almost universally panned.

Mmmmmm, as a white male, I have never felt like someone was at war with me? What I have seen is a decrease in overall white male hero roles, which even with that decrease still seem to have a strong place in film and tv as a primary character or a secondary character. Ye audience is now recognized as more diverse, and people want to see themselves as the hero on the screen.

None of these casting choices threaten my testosterone levels or place in society. Most places are still dominated by male white power structure.

I applaud typically stereotyped and diminished cultures and genders taking their place amoung the previous elite class, and I totally get why they are trying to push their positions as far as they can, considering they usually do not get any roles unless they have advocates helping them.

A quick wiki search shows only 5 Oscar wins for black actors since 1958.....and pretty sure the earliest 2 can be discounted and a "feel good" move by Hollywood to pat itself on the back.

Only 1 win for a female black actress....ever.

Why is this? Surely white actors are not better than black ones? No, of course it's representation and roles that could garner that kind of attention going to traditional white actors.....it's pretty obvious.

Same for LGBTQ. Show me a role for a LGBTQ actor that got an academy award that said actor was already known to be gay and and/Or played a gay role? The one actor that won an academy award for a gay role was......straight....it's laughable.

White replacement theory is laughable in the current age, and nothing more than fear mongering and incitement. It's a political tool and it works.

Plenty of roles out here for everyone, and the fact that white actors may have to lose there roles to competition really irks some folks.....maybe they are just not the best choice for the roles????? Either that or it's some vast conspiracy to replace white people?

Last check plenty of straight white males have plenty of LEAD roles all over television and movies.

Based on this post alone, this guy is now on my ignore list forever.

Also, can't wait for the trainwreck tomorrow. They/Them jedi overload.

Back