Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it seems the consensus here is to hate on the series, but...

Are they really standing against a Jedi "patriarchy"? I can hardly call the Jedi a patriarchy. They are more like the Empire in this case, the ruling class.

There are many cases in the real world where the use of a certain power can be debated. Nuclear weapons for example. Some governments will claim wielding it is a path to maintain the peace (like the Jedi and the Force) while others may deem it to be a power no one should wield.

I really don't think the lines above were a direct jab at the Jedi, but rather simply their own belief system. I like having these different points of view on how something as powerful as the Force can/should be used is showing in Star Wars. In something as large as a galaxy where intelligent life with access to such a power is widespread, there is going to be differences in how such power is perceived and used.
I think it was pretty clear that the Priestess's lesson about The Thread was meant by Headland to infer that they should be seen as superior to those (aka, the Jedi) who viewed it as a "Force to be wielded". And again, if we were shown examples of this rather than just have it told to us it could have (a) been thought provoking and (b) provided the opportunity for an interesting Coven/Jedi dynamic to explore. But alas, it was not to be.

BTW, did anyone else find it ironic that, after her Thread lesson scene, the first thing the Priestess does when the Jedi showed up was take mental control of the padawan and threaten to wipe his mind if they don't leave? IDK, seemed like the textbook definition of wielding a force to me lol...

I think it was pretty clear that the Priestess's lesson about The Thread was meant by Headland to infer that they should be seen as superior to those (aka, the Jedi) who viewed it as a "Force to be wielded". And again, if we were shown examples of this rather than just have it told to us it could have (a) been thought provoking and (b) provided the opportunity for an interesting Coven/Jedi dynamic to explore. But alas, it was not to be.

BTW, did anyone else find it ironic that, after her Thread lesson scene, the first thing the Priestess does when the Jedi showed up was take mental control of the padawan and threaten to wipe his mind if they don't leave? IDK, seemed like the textbook definition of wielding a force to me lol...

Leslie reaaaaally wanted to show everyone how creative she could be with her version of The Force, but unfortunately she wasn't given a budget big enough to do so.... :monkey3

Y'all know where this goes, right?

First, there's The Thread.

Then, there's many threads...

And soon enough............. Star Wars has its Multiverse!!!!
I thought you were going to say Tapestry (copyright, words and music by Carole King). Seems more in keeping with the Acolyte's themes lol.

Actually, that album's too good to be mentioned with The Acolyte. My apologies CK!

I thought you were going to say Tapestry

3c9d7d8b-de06-4229-aeeb-e0520067857d_text.gif

I half agree.

But instead of giving Acolyte a pass because Fett was emasculated and made into a big dodo….I’m just going to hate both.

There is room in our brains to hate both.

Acolyte need not be forgiven because of DoDo Fett.
Well the difference is that I actually cared about Boba and his iconic status in the SW universe. I couldn't care less about these characters, which makes it a whole lot easier for me to dismiss.

Acolyte may be stupid and ridiculous, but I don't think it's really worth hating or being that upset over. Since no one was ever that invested in it to begin with.

Well the difference is that I actually cared about Boba and his iconic status in the SW universe. I couldn't care less about these characters, which makes it a whole lot easier for me to dismiss.

Acolyte may be stupid and ridiculous, but I don't think it's really worth hating or being that upset over. Since no one was ever that invested in it to begin with.
Great point I agree.

I was done with nuStar Wars before the horses rode the star destroyer... buy yes, that's one of the most idiotic images in all of Star Wars.

Acolyte has added the latest in a long -- very long -- list of idiotic images courtesy of Disney.

When a story has more bad in it than good, it's time to leave it.

Well no matter how weird and cringey this show might be, it's still not as bad as what BOBF did to Boba Fett in my book.

So at least it's got that going for it.
I'll always have an easier time forgiving Star Wars that goes off the rails into oddness, even stupidity, if it somehow still manages to be fun. And there's nothing fun about self-insert superiority complexes, especially if they have low production values, are boring, poorly choreographed, have no likable characters, etc. So BOBF still wins.

I'll always have an easier time forgiving Star Wars that goes off the rails into oddness, even stupidity, if it somehow still manages to be fun. And there's nothing fun about self-insert superiority complexes, especially if they have low production values, are boring, poorly choreographed, have no likable characters, etc. So BOBF still wins.
I wouldn't call BOBF "fun" exactly, but it was very watchable, I'll give it that.

They don’t.
For real. My wife is into all this witchy stuff and always has been, burns incense, collects magical rocks, tells me what the moon means and what gatorade were in or whatever but she’s absolutely appalled at this show.
:lol :lol :lecture
Well no matter how weird and cringey this show might be, it's still not as bad as what BOBF did to Boba Fett in my book.

So at least it's got that going for it.
I’d let disney force me to watch BOBF Clockwork Orange style over sitting through another episode of this.

IMG_7968.gif

Last edited:
Back