Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I can see them restructuring the whole Saga so that for umpteen millenia it's all about the space lesbians, then a short blip for a couple generations where the male led Jedi and Sith temporarily throw things out of whack with their wars until finally Rey restores the space lesbians to their proper place forevermore.
Rey will be reyveled as the reyincarnation of the twins! :eek:

Just watched 1-3... On technical part, it's not that bad but not great (for budget bigger than OWK?).
But I can't understand, what am I watching? Is this really in Star Wars Universe? People defend it by saying it's fresh.. You can't come up with something new, throw it together and hope it come out great... Not without a proper knowledge of the source material or good script writing ability.
I kind of feel bad for x23 girl and mr.squid game..

"Leslye Headland says Dave Filoni was a 'mentor' in making The Acolyte and that he guided her to include witches that weren’t Nightsisters. 'Dave Filoni very quickly became kind of a mentor of mine in terms of navigating what this part of the timeline would be like for both the Jedi and then other Force users. It was kind of this ‘A-ha!’ moment for me when he told me, ‘You know, not all witches are Nightsisters.’”

Wow Dave.

l1KsJua7qIQnevGyk.webp

I think if there's one thing that annoys me the most, how do these writers, directors and producers keep getting hired for these Star Wars projects?
With The Acolyte, BoBF, and even some episodes of Mando, I don't think these folks could care less about the SW universe or any of it's history. I honestly doubt Headland has never seen any of George's SW movies, and I'd bet money she definitely never read any of the novels. The only thing she cared about was the payday when she was writing this lazy crap.
I suppose the payday's are the only thing any of them care about anymore. None of them seem to realize (or care) how much SW meant for those of us that grew up with it.
While I don't think Acolyte will ever be revelavent enough (or taken seriously enough) to actually change any of it's original lore, it is sad to see such an amazing universe that George created turn into something with this much lazy writing and idiotic ideas.
I wish they would hire some the writers from the earlier novels to create something new - with George's input of course.

In this case these writers were specifically hired because they know NOTHING about SW, this was to keep their ideas "fresh" or some **** like that. Because ain't nothing more fresh than a cop whodunit in space. GENIUS!!

That is what Leslie said [I don't know how to spell her name nor do I care,] she wanted to not clutter things up with canon. Or some such bull.

Behold the results!

Filoni just didn't want Headland to ruin HIS witches.
Holy crap! :rotfl

Headland: "My next show will be about Ahsoka."

Filoni: "Oh, uh....you know Anakin actually had a BUNCH of other apprentices..."

Headland: " REALLY!?!? What an A-ha moment for me!!! I'll flesh out the other ones then."

Filoni: *whispering* "Thank God..."

"Leslye Headland says Dave Filoni was a 'mentor' in making The Acolyte and that he guided her to include witches that weren’t Nightsisters. 'Dave Filoni very quickly became kind of a mentor of mine in terms of navigating what this part of the timeline would be like for both the Jedi and then other Force users. It was kind of this ‘A-ha!’ moment for me when he told me, ‘You know, not all witches are Nightsisters.’”

Wow Dave.

Was Harvey a "kind of mentor" for her as well?

Surprisingly consistent opinion on this show throughout this thread. That doesn't happen often.
I actually think it's great!...

...that I'll never have to watch a single frame of this show

At least until the upcoming Disney takeover...

Malcolm-McDowell_A-Clockwork-Orange_.jpg

The viewership is so low that probably more than 18% of the remaining viewers are just friends and family of the cast and crew which means a lot of THEM are even downvoting the show, lol.
I’m willing to bet even half of the 1/10 reviews haven’t even watched a second of the show.

Oookaaay .... soooo I *won't* be subscribing to D+ again to watch this 🤭

Seriously .... the Star Wars property was never Shakespeare but it's been mishandled into unrecognizable, beige slop.

Is it possible there will be someday be something entertaining like 'Solo', S1 and S2 of 'The Mandalorean' or a fresh take like 'Rogue One' and 'Andor'?

Sure, anything's possible but I'm really not holding my breath. All things end, ya can't go back etc. etc.

I just wonder if two films and three (maybe four if 'Andor' sticks the landing) seasons of TV were worth the damage done to the property over the years. I guess it doesn't actually matter to anyone but investors and some of the behind-the-scenes creatives who may be the collateral damage.

To my last point ... reality is a cold, hard place. I've worked on some pretty bad TV but I'm just paying my mortgage.

Me on the job:

"Look, I ain't in this for your creative vision, and I'm not in it for you, Production. I expect to be well paid. I'm in it for the money."

I’m willing to bet even half of the 1/10 reviews haven’t even watched a second of the show.
Well, I sure hope so!... Why would any self preserving life-form subject themselves to something that is so obviously not worth watching? With the outspoken political agenda AND the painfully low production values on display (Bad fight choreography, acting, directing, visuals etc.), you really only have to watch the trailer and read a few based reviews to reach a conclusion. I also think it's about time (actually it's already long overdue) people start using the same dirty tricks that Disney and the media industry have been applying since forever, in order to secure enough fake and flawless early reviews to boost their sales. I personally haven't "blind-voted" on any of these sites, but I can assure you I don't have any moral issues with it whatsoever...

Completely remove the lesbian created birth from the show and it’s still a disaster of epic proportions.

It’s that simple.

Ask around that’s coming from someone who defended many parts of the ST.

That back and forth dialogue exchanges had to be written by a person with many diagnosed conditions.

This show is even worse than ST big nose lady and that was already bad, yikes.

Last edited:
Back