Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Season 20 Fire GIF by The Simpsons

I actually do. I think Mando S1&2 are overrated. For every decent episode there was a blah one
I've only watched it once through - you're probably right. I think as SW fans we had just gotten to a point of being relieved when something wasn't a total embarrassment to the franchise.

I actually do. I think Mando S1&2 are overrated. For every decent episode there was a blah one
back when mando was first airing it felt like I was crazy because when I said it was overrated and a mix of great/meh/cringe in even parts people disagreed heavily. The bar was definitely lowered to the point that people were eager to love it.

I do think though that there is enough good in Mando 1 and 2 that you could edit the two seasons into 2 great movies. Can't do that with the PT IMHO

back when mando was first airing it felt like I was crazy because when I said it was overrated and a mix of great/meh/cringe in even parts people disagreed heavily. The bar was definitely lowered to the point that people were eager to love it.

I do think though that there is enough good in Mando 1 and 2 that you could edit the two seasons into 2 great movies. Can't do that with the PT IMHO
I remember saying from the beginning that the show was uneven, but I forgave it because in those first two seasons it wasn't trying too hard and was just ... fun.

I'm sure if I'd first seen the OT as an adult I would find it very fun and very uneven. I mean ... even now I see its flaws quite clearly but it doesn't prevent me enjoying it.

Mando had some cllunker epsiodes, dubious character choices and performances but got by on the strength and charm of its banger episodes.

But remember... lightsabers don't kill anymore - so he'll be fine (until The Last Jedi :slap )
That's funny. According to current SW if Luke had shown up on Crait for real then Kylo stabbing him would have been totally harmless. But because he stabbed Luke's projection he died. :lol

Yeah I felt like you did for sure. It’s not a bad show but as a SW based show I should love it. The fact that I am meh to it tells me it’s probably worse than even I realize lol.
I prefer the PT cause its focus is on many of the characters from the OT and thus I am more invested as troublesome as the PT films are.

I am actually a pretty big TPM apologist. Some of that is just great memories of the time surrounding the release of that film.

But there is a lot I love about TPM
I think the pod race and final duel is some of the best action in all of SW. Qui Gon and Maul are interesting new characters and the Emperor was the most like the OT Emperor in this one and really helped the film feel more like a SW film. No over the top overacting like in ROTS and TROS

Jar Jar is awful and most of the acting is bad and dialogue is cringe. But I still find a lot to love.

Mando season 1&2s best parts are probably better than AOTC and ROTS but I am not as interested in the characters or the time period.

Wow, this really says it all, from a guy who tracks comic sales relative to each new media release, whether it be SW, Marvel, DC or any other property. The brand is dead.

Not into comics at all, but that was an interest video.

Personally, I recently offloaded a huge amount of my collection and only kept some OT stuff. As far as prices goes - I couldn't give a lot of it away, even PT stuff - it was only the OT stuff that sold quick and I made good coin on. Even the RO and Mando stuff I lost hard on.

Exactly as he said... apathy.

Maybe there could be a new word added to the dictionary:
Dapathy; the touch of death of all things Disney

Back