Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to go on record to say that Sassafras’s posts are freaking hilarious every single time there are some legit insane concepts lol

Lol this show is like "hold my beer". Someone needs to add horror subtitles and the Jaws soundtrack, when we find out not-psycho twin was Shmi's great grandmother.
Remember we are only halfway through this abuse.

ta.png
ta1.png

ta2.png

ta fail 3.gif

My only genuine regret from watching eps 1 & 3... that ******* awful call-to-action chant is stuck in my head. I should sue Disney for abuse! :moon

That has to be single worst piece of media ever created. Even if you got a group of preschoolers together and asked them to come up with a chant it would have been better.

The Acolyte is a surreal experience from every angle. From the things going on within it to those outside of it, which is summed up by the staggeringly low ratings.

TBOBF and OWK weren't great, but they at least had some semblance of fitting into the universe.

The Acolyte, on the other hand, is a freakish diversion beyond the point where I find it possible to accept any canonical connection.

I started watching the latest Midnight's Edge podcast, "Equality Achieved, The Acolyte Universally Rejected by All". (For context it was hosted by four women and two men).

It wasn't long before they raised the point that the coven in The Acolyte aren't "...the bubble, bubble, toil and trouble Hollywood type witches...", but are drawn from "real witchcraft".

Is it safe to post this here? I linked the video in the other thread but it's not political as such, just dark. It may go some way to putting The Acolyte's coven into perspective, and why it seems out of place in the Star Wars universe.

Echo Base Network ran through the satanic inspirations Headland drew on for the coven and it's rites. Under normal circumstances I'd consider that clickbait, but the evidence appears to stack up.

Echo Base Network: "What is Star Wars doing? Why is Kathleen Kennedy letting George Lucas' creation go this deep into some seriously nonsensical evil?"

Leslye Headland:

"Dave Filoni very quickly became kind of a mentor of mine in terms of navigating what this part of the timeline would be like for both the Jedi and then other Force users

“It was kind of this 'A-ha!' moment for me when he told me, 'You know, not all witches are Nightsisters.'"

https://geektyrant.com/news/the-aco...eals-how-dave-filoni-helper-her-on-the-series

This is Filoni's wife, E. Anne Convery, in a photo from her Instagram:

516526-08f1325c49b7575668dd44c0a5ec2e34.jpg

There was a video that said one of her social media account bios described herself as "that witch".

I can't remember what channel that video was from, nor which account of hers, though I think it was also Instagram.

Below her name on her Instagram it currently reads:

Anne “Meet You at the Cemetery Gates” Convery she/her/they/them
Writer

https://www.instagram.com/e_anne_convery/?hl=en

So, when Filoni told Headland, "You know, not all witches are Nightsisters", he may have opened the door for to delve into the darker realm...

EDIT:

I scrolled through Convery's Instagram to locate the original photo. It's still there:

ac.png

Witches and the occult were a recurring theme. This one stood out with reference to the naming of Mae-ho Aniseya possibly being derived from Mahomet / Baphomet.

ac2.png

It's a weird rabbit hole, and seems so distant from George Lucas' initial idea for Star Wars as an homage to 1930s and '40s cliffhanger serials, which filled his childhood imagination when they were repeated on television.

Last edited:
Everytime a SW series start, I always geeking out at those masked/droid character flashed, yess I already have this, or that in figure (yeeshh when kylo ren appear).
So.. who will become a mascot for intro from this show? 😅

The CW-fication of Star Wars is complete

They offically have a crappy tie-in pop song to the show now, you'll never guess the name lol

Rumors are it'll play at the end of one of the upcoming episodes, or over the credits. The vid is at 1k likes and 4k dislikes.

We are now officially in the timeline where Spaceballs is less of a parody than what SW itself has become :Flush

I wonder why the singer doesn't have this on her Youtube page instead of Disney's? lol
Victoria Monét's gonna get some interesting feedback for this one.
It's like one of the comments said, hard to believe we went from Duel of the Fates to this. :poop:

When does the next Star Wars series premiere.....Star Wars: A Good Story
2025 with Andor 2.

Which apparently was bumped up the schedule to accommodate &^%$# although IMO more time for any post-processing is always useful (filming has completed).

A very distant possibility that Skeleton Crew might be watchable, although looks like a "every kid is special and gets a prize" kind of thing, vs. something like GOT where every kid DIDN'T get a prize....e.g. they are probably all Thread-twirlers..... :monkey3

Like the Boba-twirl guy. Never thought I'd miss the Mods - tho I like the Rasta-guy who has better hair than the Twins. TBH seeing those Filoni-influence pics did it for me. Explains where all this cheese came from. :pfft:

"There is a wound that won't heal at the center of the galaxy fandom. There is a darkness reaching like rust into everything around us. We let it grow, and now it's here. It's here and it's not visiting anymore. It wants to stay."

It may WANT to stay, but I have the ultimate power in the universe. The POWER of the PAYING CUSTOMER.:nana:
delete black and white GIF

Last edited:
I
2025 with Andor 2.

Which apparently was bumped up the schedule to accommodate &^%$# although IMO more time for any post-processing is always useful (filming has completed).

A very distant possibility that Skeleton Crew might be watchable, although looks like a "every kid is special and gets a prize" kind of thing, vs. something like GOT where every kid DIDN'T get a prize....e.g. they are probably all Thread-twirlers..... :monkey3

Like the Boba-twirl guy.
I really hope that Andor 2 continues the great story telling that season one had.

With Acolyte down to 14% and the Boys s4 down to 50% the question is this: how low can they go??? Have we witnessed the low point already or can things actually get worse?? Is it even possible to get worse??

At this point, a Neil Breen or Tommy Wiseau made Star Wars show would have a higher rating. They definitely would be more entertaining

Back