Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Osha went full Shin-tard!

IMG_9909.png

Last edited:
Well that was boring as all hell.

Way to take a paper thin premise that could have been a movie and stretch it out worse than Obi Wan.

Every time Sol is about to confess/reveal everything they cut away. I feel like Milhouse here the way they keep dangling it in front of us.

fireworks factory.jpg

I still hate Green Lady. Thoroughly unlikable, some of the worst acting in all of Disney SW, and a bland character design that looks too low-rent for Deep Space Nine. Realllllly hope she gets cut in half or something, but since she's a "beloved fan favorite character from the smash hit worldwide sensation" "The High Republic" maybe there's some mandate that says she has to live.

In any case, this episode has given me a wonderful gift: the single most nauseating Jedi character I've ever seen. Green Lady's secretary, who I'm going to call Jedi Dandy Fop.

I hate Yaddle. I hate Q-Tip head. I hate Ahsok and her repulsive head tentacles. But this guy takes the cake.

A prissy, weak, gawky dweeb of a Jedi that speaks in a thick foppish British accent, so cowardly he jumps ten feet when a bug gets sliced in half, and speaks in horrendous anachronisms, something like "We'll be ready in 20." Did I hear that correctly? Ugh!

I hate him on a primal level. It goes back to caveman instincts. We don't like to see that kind of weakness cause guys like that end up getting the whole tribe eaten. I do believe this sniveling little puke is some kind of statement about white males, but I'll save the rest of that thought for the Dark Rooms.

I got all excited cause I thought we were gonna see Smilo's naked rear end. Would that be a first for SW? But NOOOO, they conveniently kept it out of frame. I forget this is still Disney after all.

I can't believe I'm saying this...but is Smilo Ren kind of cool? the Magneto helmet blocking thoughts is dumb, but the fact that it's sensory-deprivation is actually pretty neat. You'd have to be a hell of a Force user to pull that off.

So help me god....do I actually like this character???

Well that was boring as all hell.

Way to take a paper thin premise that could have been a movie and stretch it out worse than Obi Wan.

Every time Sol is about to confess/reveal everything they cut away. I feel like Milhouse here the way they keep dangling it in front of us.

View attachment 711363

I still hate Green Lady. Thoroughly unlikable, some of the worst acting in all of Disney SW, and a bland character design that looks too low-rent for Deep Space Nine. Realllllly hope she gets cut in half or something, but since she's a "beloved fan favorite character from the smash hit worldwide sensation" "The High Republic" maybe there's some mandate that says she has to live.

In any case, this episode has given me a wonderful gift: the single most nauseating Jedi character I've ever seen. Green Lady's secretary, who I'm going to call Jedi Dandy Fop.

I hate Yaddle. I hate Q-Tip head. I hate Ahsok and her repulsive head tentacles. But this guy takes the cake.

A prissy, weak, gawky dweeb of a Jedi that speaks in a thick foppish British accent, so cowardly he jumps ten feet when a bug gets sliced in half, and speaks in horrendous anachronisms, something like "We'll be ready in 20." Did I hear that correctly? Ugh!

I hate him on a primal level. It goes back to caveman instincts. We don't like to see that kind of weakness cause guys like that end up getting the whole tribe eaten. I do believe this sniveling little puke is some kind of statement about white males, but I'll save the rest of that thought for the Dark Rooms.

I got all excited cause I thought we were gonna see Smilo's naked rear end. Would that be a first for SW? But NOOOO, they conveniently kept it out of frame. I forget this is still Disney after all.

I can't believe I'm saying this...but is Smilo Ren kind of cool? the Magneto helmet blocking thoughts is dumb, but the fact that it's sensory-deprivation is actually pretty neat. You'd have to be a hell of a Force user to pull that off.

So help me god....do I actually like this character???
He’s the only character/actor that I connected with and i’m not talking about the dweeb secretary lol

Zzzzzzz
Zzzzzzzzz
Zzzzzzzzzzz

That was a whole lot of nothing!

The Osha actress is horrible she has just one expression.

The actor who plays Qimir is very good though tons of nuance I like him, great choice.
Yeah, it has become readily apparent that LH only wrote enough material for maybe 3 solid episodes tops and they’ve proceeded to stretch it out beyond all sense of reason. Seriously, how many times now has Sol ALMOST told one of the doublebland twins his big secret?? JFC, just let the guy say his lines already!!!

Manny Jacinto is this show’s one bright spot. Hell, he was so good he almost elicited some competent acting from Amandla Stenberg. Almost.

I still don’t understand anyone’s motivation, in this show. I think I’m closest to understanding mystery bad guy’s motivation, but I also think that’s more by accident than by design. Mae is averaging an allegiance change of about 1 per episode, but I’m not sure what any of it means.

I think the biggest hinderance to this week’s episode was its adherence to the typical Disney+ episode run time.

“Sorry, we have to keep these things under 30 minutes, so no time for anything to happen, this week.”

People are speculating that Qimir's back scars were from Green Lady's whip-saber.

I sincerely hope the writers aren't that stupid....but this show is so stupid, I guess it's possible.

The whip-saber is so dumb looking, but at least we know that anything lashed by it would be violently ripped apart. If they're gonna imply that just leaves a little boo-boo on someone, then the Disneyfication of lighstabers continues.

People are speculating that Qimir's back scars were from Green Lady's whip-saber.

I sincerely hope the writers aren't that stupid....but this show is so stupid, I guess it's possible.

The whip-saber is so dumb looking, but at least we know that anything lashed by it would be violently ripped apart. If they're gonna imply that just leaves a little boo-boo on someone, then the Disneyfication of lighstabers continues.

Speaking of green lady…

Spoiler Spoiler:

Coulda been just the tip. Same way Finn got slashes in TFA.
Speaking of green lady…

Spoiler Spoiler:

Because he's definitely her former Padawan and it looks bad on her. More politics.

Yeah, unless there's some out-of-left-field surprise coming in the last two episodes it seems that once again (Like Qimir being The Stranger) we're heading to a blatantly obvious answer to one of this show's "mysteries". If Princess Fiona sorry, I mean Green Lady isn't Qimir's old Jedi master I'll be stunned. It also seems that Sol will die (likely at the hands of Sith acolyte Osha), and GL will lay all the blame at Sol's feet, covering up her culpability while keeping both the politicians at bay and the Sith's existence a secret. Really not looking forward to LH further sullying the Jedi reputation. Heck, already her version of the Jedi Academy is one where most of the padawans seem to have arrived on the "short bus", but if this plays out she's also showing Jedi masters to be morally flexible. This is not the way. The other possibility is that Qimir slays her as well to keep his secret. This would be a much more satisfying conclusion but I don't think LH will kill off her life partner lol....

Yeah, unless there's some out-of-left-field surprise coming in the last two episodes it seems that once again (Like Qimir being The Stranger) we're heading to a blatantly obvious answer to one of this show's "mysteries". If Princess Fiona sorry, I mean Green Lady isn't Qimir's old Jedi master I'll be stunned. It also seems that Sol will die (likely at the hands of Sith acolyte Osha), and GL will lay all the blame at Sol's feet, covering up her culpability while keeping both the politicians at bay and the Sith's existence a secret. Really not looking forward to LH further sullying the Jedi reputation. Heck, already her version of the Jedi Academy is one where most of the padawans seem to have arrived on the "short bus", but if this plays out she's also showing Jedi masters to be morally flexible. This is not the way. The other possibility is that Qimir slays her as well to keep his secret. This would be a much more satisfying conclusion but I don't think LH will kill off her life partner lol....
At this point they may just pin it on Sol to cover the whole thing up.

At this point they may just pin it on Sol to cover the whole thing up.
At this point they might as well call it Star Wars - the Twilight Saga :yuck

Spoiler Spoiler:

IMO this show has devolved into complete fan fiction trash, if it wasn't already. Besides the fact that while Seinfeld might have been a hilarious show about nothing; this is a 200 million dollar show about nothing (except cheap rehashes of better works and tropes) that could have wound up in 4 episodes. :Flush

Back