Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Transformers came 2 years after ROTS so technically it should. It's kind of crazy to think about how VFX has changed these days, when the prequels were coming out nothing had as much CGI as they did or did as much with development of that industry. Each one would increase the number of VFX shots, but today that's like nothing compared to what movies have now--for example, Mad Max had more CGI shots than any of the prequels.

Transformers came 2 years after ROTS so technically it should. It's kind of crazy to think about how VFX has changed these days, when the prequels were coming out nothing had as much CGI as they did or did as much with development of that industry. Each one would increase the number of VFX shots, but today that's like nothing compared to what movies have now--for example, Mad Max had more CGI shots than any of the prequels.

LOTR also used a lot of cgi, and they're from the same era as the PT.

Beat me to it, I've just been watching the ultimate trailer again, the more I watch it, the more excited I get actually. quite like the Phantom menace, so maybe I won't judge quite so harshly as others. But I think this one is on track to be a very good Star Wars movie.

In case people aren't looking at the photos...

Spoiler Spoiler:

In case people aren't looking at the photos...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Chewie looks way too clean and fluffy.

Does he look pissed off? Someone might've given him a bath. This is a frequent sight at my place. dog_odor_natural_remedy-bath-300x278.jpg

The more I see ROTJ the more of a shambles I see- ALOT of it goes wrong and it's just not a good film.
I think TFA will be better despite my caution towards it but that's not saying much that it may top ROTJ.

The more I see ROTJ the more of a shambles I see- ALOT of it goes wrong and it's just not a good film.
I think TFA will be better despite my caution towards it but that's not saying much that it may top ROTJ.

The Empire strikes back it is not, but it's a bit harsh to say it isn't a good film. I'd say it's very good in fact, ESB >> ROTJ >> ANH for me.. I do suspect this one may slip in behind ROTJ on that list, let's hope it does live up to the hype as much as possible..

The Empire strikes back it is not, but it's a bit harsh to say it isn't a good film. I'd say it's very good in fact, ESB >> ROTJ >> ANH for me.. I do suspect this one may slip in behind ROTJ on that list, let's hope it does live up to the hype as much as possible..

15 years ago, everyone I knew and a lot of the folks in the online communities I was a part of ranked ANH or RotJ as their favorite and ESB last. They saw ESB was too much of a downer and it didn't have as much action in it compared to the others. I probably thought the same thing as an 8 year old kid when I first saw it (but I still loved it!). I think I realized how great ESB is around the same time I realized how much the prequels suck :lol:

15 years ago, everyone I knew and a lot of the folks in the online communities I was a part of ranked ANH or RotJ as their favorite and ESB last. They saw ESB was too much of a downer and it didn't have as much action in it compared to the others. I probably thought the same thing as an 8 year old kid when I first saw it (but I still loved it!). I think I realized how great ESB is around the same time I realized how much the prequels suck :lol:

15 years ago, I was 15 and agreed. As a 30 yr old man, I can say ESB is the superior film. IMO, of course.

For me, it goes ESB > ANH > ROTJ > ROTS > TPM/AOTC

I have a feeling TFA will be as good as the OT.

Back