Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I cringed a bit when I first heard the news of new Star Wars films being made, now I am honestly excited. The trailers look amazing and I think JJ will put more effort into this film than anything he has ever done before. He knows his entire career is basically riding on this, which is probably why so many other Directors wouldn't touch this project.

One thing aside from the visual magnificence I sense from this trailer that I didn't get from the PT trailers is a true sense of emotion and heart. I can understand why some are skeptical with this "won't get fooled again" attitude, but seriously, what would you like to see that you haven't seen yet to instill a little excitement in you? Nothing will probably ever measure up to the magic that was created in '77 and '80, but damn this looks good! Would you prefer no more Star Wars ever and be left with the sour taste of the prequels forever on your tongue? Well, here come the palate cleanser, even though what we really need is a MIB memory eraser.

So many of you on here will just never be happy no matter what. Stop having the whiny perspective that your childhood got raped, or whatever it is people say now and enjoy them for what they are, entertainment. I promise, no matter what happens on the screen, your childhood will be just as intact as it was before you went in the theater.

Personally, I cringed a bit when I first heard the news of new Star Wars films being made, now I am honestly excited. The trailers look amazing and I think JJ will put more effort into this film than anything he has ever done before. He knows his entire career is basically riding on this, which is probably why so many other Directors wouldn't touch this project.

One thing aside from the visual magnificence I sense from this trailer that I didn't get from the PT trailers is a true sense of emotion and heart. I can understand why some are skeptical with this "won't get fooled again" attitude, but seriously, what would you like to see that you haven't seen yet to instill a little excitement in you? Nothing will probably ever measure up to the magic that was created in '77 and '80, but damn this looks good! Would you prefer no more Star Wars ever and be left with the sour taste of the prequels forever on your tongue? Well, here come the palate cleanser, even though what we really need is a MIB memory eraser.

So many of you on here will just never be happy no matter what. Stop having the whiny perspective that your childhood got raped, or whatever it is people say now and enjoy them for what they are, entertainment. I promise, no matter what happens on the screen, your childhood will be just as intact as it was before you went in the theater.

I was 32 years old the prequels raped me.

Well gang here's hoping TFA is a..............

GIF-Star-Wars-Baseball.gif

Too much hype is getting to alot of people..seriously your expectations are through the roof and that can only mean one thing....disappointment.

This mirrors the prerelease hype of TPM. It's scary. That flm was hyped so high- George back as director- the Earth will shudder. Now it's JJ going to bring us the SW we always wanted...etc...

I'm excited for it but alot of what I've seen doesn't lead me to think this will be in the SW/ESB class of SW film.

As a prequel liker I can admit TPM was just a bad film. The difference is, TFA will probably be a great film but still can't possibly recapture the emotion of '77.

Like JJ's Trek reboot it'll probably be second or third best in the series, and that's all we can really ask for.

Parts of TPM were bad, but not the whole film.

It's BY FAR the best of the three prequels - even with all the bad ****, & anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about. :lol

Too much hype is getting to alot of people..seriously your expectations are through the roof and that can only mean one thing....disappointment.

This mirrors the prerelease hype of TPM. It's scary. That flm was hyped so high- George back as director- the Earth will shudder. Now it's JJ going to bring us the SW we always wanted...etc...

I'm excited for it but alot of what I've seen doesn't lead me to think this will be in the SW/ESB class of SW film.

Just to play devil's advocate, watch the TPM trailer and the TFA trailer. I have not seen one thing from any TFA footage that would lead me to believe it is not going to be an awesome movie.

Back