Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how many of these are new. They're from WIRED's interview with J.J.

sw_bts_08-1024x683.jpg

sw_bts_01-1024x683.jpg

sw_bts_07-1024x683.jpg

sw_bts_02-1024x683.jpg

sw_bts_03-1024x683.jpg

sw_bts_04-1024x683.jpg

sw_bts_05-1024x683.jpg

sw_bts_06-1024x683.jpg

sw_bts_09-1024x684.jpg

From my understanding of all the set pics and trailers this movie looks like it will have alot of ...... Sand.

You can take that as a spoiler or not it's up to you but it's just my observation.

Daniel Fleetwood, the terminally ill guy who got to see Star Wars early passed away today. He was only 32 years old, makes you think...

Star Wars fan Daniel Fleetwood dies days after getting his wish to see The Force Awakens early | News | Culture | The Independent

That's very saddening. It just goes to show how life is fleeting. This guy's last wish was to see SW, and I'm sure the movie affected his life positively, before he passed away. I mean, beyond all of the forum arguments that go in in this place, we should all just appreciate what we're given in pop-culture, and whatever else. I know the movie's going to get torn apart by most (maybe even a little by me). But, this is a pretty heavy story... man.

I agree as well. As a fellow sand connoisseur, I ask for nothing less than real sand. Fine grit, too. It should feel coarse to touch, with a hint of softness as baby powder. But, nothing like that that cheap sand from a NJ beach. I'll be able to tell, even on screen. CG sand is the worst, though.

That never made any sense to me, Jedi had a HUGE budget compared to Empire (in the range of $30-40 Million compared to $20-25M), you'd think they could've afforded it and not had to resort to yucky blue screen and matte painting work. Just watch Lando walk towards the Falcon at the end of that scene, he takes like 3 steps and stops so he doesn't hit the blue screen. Ick.

Why spend a million dollars for one short scene when you can spend thousands and most people don't notice or care?

Though I have to say, I was watching ROTJ the other day and noticed that they didn't match the depth of field on the stars outside of the windows (bluescreen) and now it bothers me.

Why spend a million dollars for one short scene when you can spend thousands and most people don't notice or care?

Though I have to say, I was watching ROTJ the other day and noticed that they didn't match the depth of field on the stars outside of the windows (bluescreen) and now it bothers me.

This is true, they didn't spend very much time in the hangar. It just looks soooooo cheap though. :ohbfrank:

I notice the same thing in the Emperor's throne room when he's speaking and you can see the same star field behind him in every shot. I can pick out the same star pattern every time and it always starts in the same position in each shot and resets for the next. Probably never notice it if you don't look for it...but I noticed it. :slap

ROTJ is a bit of a technical mess shoot-wise. It was a tapestry of bits. After Empire which was so technically perfect it was disappointing in that regards. The director didn't have a lot of VFX experience and it showed. The ILM scenes were pretty fantastic at times though.

ROTJ is a bit of a technical mess shoot-wise. It was a tapestry of bits. After Empire which was so technically perfect it was disappointing in that regards. The director didn't have a lot of VFX experience and it showed. The ILM scenes were pretty fantastic at times though.

I liked it a lot more when I was a kid. It was my favorite of the 3 until I was about 10. Then Empire took over and has stayed there ever since. I always liked the creatures at Jabba's Palace though. That was some pretty neat stuff. Hated what they did to it in the SE. Lapti Nek all day, every day. :)

Back