Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

My son just watched Toy Story 3 for the 10 millionth time tonight and one thing I couldn't help but notice with Michael Arndt's screenplay was that he took a ridiculously over-used plot device; Buzz going all "Space Ranger," which we've seen in TS1 *and* TS2, and he had it happen again in a way that fit the story and was also totally entertaining.

That bodes well if he is going to need to come up with yet another reason a lone fighter pilot will have to blow up a massive space station.

Maybe he hasn't done anything really great in the last few years, but if the guy who wrote Raiders and Empire is willing to write a new Star Wars movie, you hire him.

My mind is blown that Kasdan is back! I wondered why George didn;t hire him to help with the prequels. Oh well, that's the past. Star Wars' future is looking bright. Now if they could announce a solid director I will be beyond thrilled.

I think they are going to do everything George should have done with the prequels but didn't--build a team of talented people who are right for the job. I am a fan of the prequels, but they are 100% George and I am even more excited to see what they get from the team approach, with Kasdan and Kennedy in the mix. Can't wait to see who's next to sign up.

Maybe he hasn't done anything really great in the last few years, but if the guy who wrote Raiders and Empire is willing to write a new Star Wars movie, you hire him.

We'll see if he has anything left in the tank.......people do get past their best years

Exciting stuff! I guess it's best to get VII-IX done before the older actors croak, but damn I'd like to see a remake of the original trilogy ala the new Trek stuff.

Exciting stuff! I guess it's best to get VII-IX done before the older actors croak, but damn I'd like to see a remake of the original trilogy ala the new Trek stuff.

NO. Just no. There is no reason to remake the original trilogy. Not for 50 years or more.

but damn I'd like to see a remake of the original trilogy ala the new Trek stuff.

Hollywood has warped your mind (no pun intended :monkey3).

NO REMAKES! EVER!

Hollywood needs to stop remaking great films, if they want to remake, how about remaking films that had a good story or premise but turned out bad due to The Director, or actors, or Producers getting in the way and botching it up.

Back