Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

LOL, yeah, remake the hell out of those! ;)

:lol I am all for looking forward, not looking back. But the prequels COULD have been so cool. As it stands, I can watch ROTS and enjoy it, but TPM is pretty bad and AOTC is terrible.

I hope these writers come up with some good villains for the new trilogy. Palpatine and Vader are hard acts to follow.

:lol I am all for looking forward, not looking back. But the prequels COULD have been so cool. As it stands, I can watch ROTS and enjoy it, but TPM is pretty bad and AOTC is terrible.

I hope these writers come up with some good villains for the new trilogy. Palpatine and Vader are hard acts to follow.

:goodpost:

My sentiments exactly

I love the original trilogy alot...To me they stand for what they are...before the special editions with all the extra flashly bullcrap. What is cool about them is that it is dirty and gritty. They are extremely fun and they sell you on the world they've created.

However, I just don't see a world where they don't end up remaking them. Episodes 1-3, however, are begging to be remade. If disney makes 7-9 I would be ****ing shocked if they don't just end up doing 1-6. They might as well just start over now. EVERYONE would go out and see it anyway.

And hey, it could actually be really great. Just put competent, creative forces in it. Especially people that are fans and are passionate about the movies. In my opinion I'd say it seems that 1-3 were pretty soulless. That is the most disappointing thing in contrast to the original trilogy. The old movies are still going to be the same great movies they always were if they get remade, or if they create sequels or whatever. Nothing is gonna change that.

But hollywood will never stop remaking movies. I'm a big horror fan and I have just become accustomed to it. The part that is the shame is that they just remake stuff to get it out there because they know people will bite down and go and see it. There isn't really any love there. But ultimately, they have been remaking or creating new adaptions of movies since the 1930's. Back then there was probably more room for improvement in just a decade...but even so. I am not going to be shocked when the inevitable day comes when star wars gets remade.

Personally, I'm psyched to get more either way. I'd prefer they expand on the universe.

You can remake horror, that's almost a rule.......

But you don't re make the original Saga of Star Wars .. EVER ..

If there was ever a re make it would have to be with W.E.T.A technology like they did with avatar but even far more advanced.

I would watch that re make but it would have to tick every box and I can't picture any re make of the OT manage to do so

Great news on the writing situation .... Hope the director is announced soon .... As for KOTCS well that fits into the same slot as AOTC ...

Hollywood needs to stop remaking great films, if they want to remake, how about remaking films that had a good story or premise but turned out bad due to The Director, or actors, or Producers getting in the way and botching it up.
'DREDD' - best recent example of that! :yess: :rock

Weren't they going to re make the goonies ? ? ?

And have the original cast play the parents of the new cast ....

On a sequel note, with today's technology, what are everyone's thoughts on what could work and what couldn't. with re introducing some 80s classic franchise into today's society of movie goers.

For example, I think E.T could be done and would work,

Can't you delete posts with your iPad ??? It says go to edit to delete hmmmmmmmm no delete feature.......

Last edited:

image.jpg

Last edited:

Looks better displayed with kneeling vader ........

image-4.jpg

Nice stuff.. but I think you took a wrong turn on the way to the 'Collections' thread. :wave :lol

Yeah I did big time.... I'm using my iPad that's why and I can't delete any of them.... Try not to stress too much I won't add anymore in here :monkey1 :slap

It's all good mate.. I was just wondering why you were adding those pics to the discussion. :lol

It's all good mate.. I was just wondering why you were adding those pics to the discussion. :lol

Me too :rotfl I'm suppose to be adding them in my collection thread, might use the PC for that I think .. Nice to see another Aussie in here anyway,

Cheers :hi5:

Sources: Lawrence Kasdan, Simon Kinberg Lock Deals to Write and Produce 'Star Wars' Installments

Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg have closed deals to write installments of the new Star Wars trilogy, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. The pair will write either Episode VIII or Episode IX -- their exact division of responsibilities is yet to be determined -- and also will come aboard to produce the films.
PHOTOS: When You Wish Upon a Death Star: The Surprising Symmetry of Star Wars and Disney
As THR previously reported, Oscar winner Michael Arndt (Toy Story 3, Little Miss Sunshine) is writing the script for Episode VII, the first of the new trilogy and the first Star Wars film to be made without the hands-on input of creator George Lucas.
Kasdan and Kinberg would join Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy as producers.
Word of Kasdan and Kinsberg's involvement began spilling out Tuesday, but Disney and Lucasfilm are declining to comment. Official announcements regarding the new Star Wars will appear on StarWars.com, according to the studio.
Kasdan is a Lucasfilm and Star Wars vet. He co-wrote 1980’s The Empire Strikes Back, still considered the movie series’ zenith, as well as 1983’s Return of the Jedi. He also wrote the screenplay for Raiders of the Lost Ark.
PHOTOS: 'Star Wars' Actors: Then and Now
Kinberg is co-writing the new X-Men movie, X-Men: Days of Future Past and was a producer on X-Men: First Class. He also is producing Cinderella for Disney.
Kasdan is repped by CAA and attorney Robert Marshall at Greenberg Glusker; Kinberg is repped by CAA and attorney Karl Austen at Jackoway Tyerman.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-lawrence-kasdan-simon-393459

I think thats great.. he did the best Star Wars movie anyway... and as a duo... I have a good feeling about this ! :)

Me too :rotfl I'm suppose to be adding them in my collection thread, might use the PC for that I think .. Nice to see another Aussie in here anyway,

Cheers :hi5:
:lol No worries, there's a few of us around here - represent! :rock :wink1:

Sources: Lawrence Kasdan, Simon Kinberg Lock Deals to Write and Produce 'Star Wars' Installments

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-lawrence-kasdan-simon-393459

I think thats great.. he did the best Star Wars movie anyway... and as a duo... I have a good feeling about this ! :)
They beat you to it a couple pages back. :wave :lol

..& yes - great news!! :yess:

:lol No worries, there's a few of us around here - represent! :rock :wink1:

They beat you to it a couple pages back. :wave :lol

..& yes - great news!! :yess:

:exactly:

I'm still kinda new to the sideshow freaks, I don't hop on all that much, so I'm an amateur when it comes to forums..

Probably why not many ppl reply :gah::lol

:exactly:

I'm still kinda new to the sideshow freaks, I don't hop on all that much, so I'm an amateur when it comes to forums..

Probably why not many ppl reply :gah::lol
i-Pads are the devil. :lecture

Clunky PCs that you have to sit in front of.. are the future. :yess:

.... When all else fails .... Have a HULK moment :)

image-6.jpg

Back