Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

That was beautiful. :clap

I loved the trailer and I am so pumped for this movie !!!! Dream come true !!

no man.. my expectations are low... but I just love my Star Wars so I am so glad to know more is coming.. and seeing x-wings, ties, and the falcon is just a beautiful nostalgic feeling having back

Thought the teaser trailer was fine. We officially haven't seen much at all of what things are going to look like in the new movies so this was a chance to peek in to this new world. Looks like a lot of the leaked images have proven to be accurate.

I thought the saber was fine (doesn't bother me), and I even thought the soccer ball droid was ok too. Yes, it'll provide some humor, but is already a huge step above Jar Jar since it doesn't speak English. I think I liked the speeder that girl was on the best. It has that rough, not-really-aerodynamic-but-can-still-fly-fast aesthetic that the OT had.

I have faith JJA will deliver. I have liked all his films so far, including Into Darkness (except the K stuff with I can't blame him for--it stinks of studio intervention), so I think he will deliver an exciting, fast paced adventure with alluring and interesting characters. I have no doubt whatsoever that it will be better than the PT. Even thought he PT looked pretty, the storytelling was abysmal. JJ can at the very least tell a good, exciting story.

Not sure what to make of that speeder, perhaps it's something the character pieced together from spare parts. Otherwise looks like a cross between a Zippo and a flash drive.

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

My thoughts on the trailer (and I have not read one single response to it before I type this):

Star Wars is BACK. That was epic, that was awesome, it felt like exactly what I used to think about in the 90's when I envisioned awesome new SW movies with state of the art visuals.

Some specific thoughts (probably already mentioned a hundred times by now but whatever):

1. First shot of the unmasked trooper (unless he was a hero in disguise) are that stormtroopers are REAL PEOPLE, not clones, or at the very least not Jango clones. Goodbye PT!

2. I love the scurrying bouncy ball droid. It felt like some crazy 70's droid that might have appeared in ANH or The Black Hole.

3. NO "classic" characters mugging for the camera. No R2, no 3PO, no old Luke, Han, etc. Just ships (X-Wings, TIE's and the Falcon) and a bunch of new characters. AWESOME. That makes me feel like this new movie is "owning" itself and not coasting on the recognition of familiar faces.

4. X-Wings and the Falcon fighting in planetary atmosphere? DOPE! :rock

5. I love the new X-Wing helmets. The remind me of the slight updates we saw between ANH helmets and ROTJ A-Wing and B-Wing helmets. Different but still "Star Wars-ey."

6. New bad guy seems badass and probably the strongest "prequel" vibe I got from the trailer. He seemed kind of Darth Maulish, especially with his saber lighting up and then a "secondary" lighting effect. Still, Darth Maul WAS the coolest thing about the PT so if he's the one character they borrow from I'm good with that.

7. Stormtroopers that are real guys in costume. Hell yeah.

7. The Falcon. Double hell yeah. Perfect intro.

8. Still no "Episode VII" in the title. Right on.

And with that...I think I'm out of all SW movie and figure threads. I just can't go through another year of nitpicking, spoiler dropping, general arguments and debates about an upcoming SW film. I want this one to be like it was when I was a kid. Just excitement and a wide-eyed eagerness to be entertained. That teaser was a perfect appetizer and I might even try to avoid all future clips and trailers until next December. We'll see how long I can hold out. :lol

Back