Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got to spread some rep around before giving more to Lu, or I would do so for that post.

Thanks for the thought! :duff

My thoughts on the trailer (and I have not read one single response to it before I type this):

Star Wars is BACK. That was epic, that was awesome, it felt like exactly what I used to think about in the 90's when I envisioned awesome new SW movies with state of the art visuals.

Some specific thoughts (probably already mentioned a hundred times by now but whatever):

1. First shot of the unmasked trooper (unless he was a hero in disguise) are that stormtroopers are REAL PEOPLE, not clones, or at the very least not Jango clones. Goodbye PT!

2. I love the scurrying bouncy ball droid. It felt like some crazy 70's droid that might have appeared in ANH or The Black Hole.

3. NO "classic" characters mugging for the camera. No R2, no 3PO, no old Luke, Han, etc. Just ships (X-Wings, TIE's and the Falcon) and a bunch of new characters. AWESOME. That makes me feel like this new movie is "owning" itself and not coasting on the recognition of familiar faces.

4. X-Wings and the Falcon fighting in planetary atmosphere? DOPE! :rock

5. I love the new X-Wing helmets. The remind me of the slight updates we saw between ANH helmets and ROTJ A-Wing and B-Wing helmets. Different but still "Star Wars-ey."

6. New bad guy seems badass and probably the strongest "prequel" vibe I got from the trailer. He seemed kind of Darth Maulish, especially with his saber lighting up and then a "secondary" lighting effect. Still, Darth Maul WAS the coolest thing about the PT so if he's the one character they borrow from I'm good with that.

7. Stormtroopers that are real guys in costume. Hell yeah.

7. The Falcon. Double hell yeah. Perfect intro.

8. Still no "Episode VII" in the title. Right on.

And with that...I think I'm out of all SW movie and figure threads. I just can't go through another year of nitpicking, spoiler dropping, general arguments and debates about an upcoming SW film. I want this one to be like it was when I was a kid. Just excitement and a wide-eyed eagerness to be entertained. That teaser was a perfect appetizer and I might even try to avoid all future clips and trailers until next December. We'll see how long I can hold out. :lol

Agree! Well put!

I agree, it gave nothing away too.

I know! Usually when I watch a trailer like Prometheus, Age of Ultron, etc., multiple times (or even once) I can usually formulate a pretty accurate evolution of the story. But I've seen this TFA teaser about 8 or 9 times already and all I know is that it looks awesome, seems to have the right vibe and lots of interesting new characters.

Does the X-Wing attack open or close the film? Who/what was the bad guy anticipating in the snowy forest? Do the girl, the droid, and the Falcon all happen within a short time of one another or spread out across multiple trips to Tatooine? And what the hell is that trooper doing running around in the sand? Who knows! Great stuff!

Agree! Well put!

Thanks!

agreed.. the teaser opens up ONLY questions.. no answers or whats so ever... room for speculations for an entire year ! LOVE IT !!

I know! Usually when I watch a trailer like Prometheus, Age of Ultron, etc., multiple times (or even once) I can usually formulate a pretty accurate evolution of the story. But I've seen this TFA teaser about 8 or 9 times already and all I know is that it looks awesome, seems to have the right vibe and lots of interesting new characters.

Does the X-Wing attack open or close the film? Who/what was the bad guy anticipating in the snowy forest? Do the girl, the droid, and the Falcon all happen within a short time of one another or spread out across multiple trips to Tatooine? And what the hell is that trooper doing running around in the sand? Who knows! Great stuff!

Thanks!

I agree 100% Finally a trailer that gives very little away but still gets my excitement level up. I have more faith in this next movie than I ever did.

Thanks!

Dude, these films are going to do great. Coming from the bottom (episodes 1-3), they can only go up.

It's going to be weird though; when we get another director for episode 8. His directing style is so unique.

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

My thoughts on the trailer (and I have not read one single response to it before I type this):

Star Wars is BACK. That was epic, that was awesome, it felt like exactly what I used to think about in the 90's when I envisioned awesome new SW movies with state of the art visuals.

Some specific thoughts (probably already mentioned a hundred times by now but whatever):

1. First shot of the unmasked trooper (unless he was a hero in disguise) are that stormtroopers are REAL PEOPLE, not clones, or at the very least not Jango clones. Goodbye PT!

2. I love the scurrying bouncy ball droid. It felt like some crazy 70's droid that might have appeared in ANH or The Black Hole.

3. NO "classic" characters mugging for the camera. No R2, no 3PO, no old Luke, Han, etc. Just ships (X-Wings, TIE's and the Falcon) and a bunch of new characters. AWESOME. That makes me feel like this new movie is "owning" itself and not coasting on the recognition of familiar faces.

4. X-Wings and the Falcon fighting in planetary atmosphere? DOPE! :rock

5. I love the new X-Wing helmets. The remind me of the slight updates we saw between ANH helmets and ROTJ A-Wing and B-Wing helmets. Different but still "Star Wars-ey."

6. New bad guy seems badass and probably the strongest "prequel" vibe I got from the trailer. He seemed kind of Darth Maulish, especially with his saber lighting up and then a "secondary" lighting effect. Still, Darth Maul WAS the coolest thing about the PT so if he's the one character they borrow from I'm good with that.

7. Stormtroopers that are real guys in costume. Hell yeah.

7. The Falcon. Double hell yeah. Perfect intro.

8. Still no "Episode VII" in the title. Right on.

And with that...I think I'm out of all SW movie and figure threads. I just can't go through another year of nitpicking, spoiler dropping, general arguments and debates about an upcoming SW film. I want this one to be like it was when I was a kid. Just excitement and a wide-eyed eagerness to be entertained. That teaser was a perfect appetizer and I might even try to avoid all future clips and trailers until next December. We'll see how long I can hold out. :lol

A sensible, rational, enthusiastic post. In the Star Wars thread....

no-droids.jpg

Dude, these films are going to do great. Coming from the bottom (episodes 1-3), they can only go up.

It's going to be weird though; when we get another director for episode 8. His directing style is so unique.

I agree. I'm already fearing a drop in quality for Ep 8! Whoever does Ep 8 is going to have even bigger shoes to fill, especially if Ep 7 is an all around hit both critically and commercially.

I agree. I'm already fearing a drop in quality for Ep 8! Whoever does Ep 8 is going to have even bigger shoes to fill, especially if Ep 7 is an all around hit both critically and commercially.

Or it could get better. Depending on how his movie does. :lol

Has it been confirmed that Abrams won't do Episode 8? He did two ST films, I'd be surprised if he only wanted to do one SW. At the very least if he's only doing one I can't imagine him holding anything back then.

if only they saw my favorites list

Between thousands of dollars worth of DVDs, three external hard drives that will soon be joined by a fourth and more SanDisk Flash Drives than I can count, I just may have you beat, buddy. :lol

Oh my. I don't know why I just confessed all of that. I guess I'm one helluva horny bastid!

tumblr_lo22s0NGhU1qzxr43.gif

Has it been confirmed that Abrams won't do Episode 8? He did two ST films, I'd be surprised if he only wanted to do one SW. At the very least if he's only doing one I can't imagine him holding anything back then.

I remember the talk and how some other director will continue onward with this new trilogy. If this one does great, I'd be happy if he does next 2.

Back