Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the countless "clever" trailer mashups have already worn thin. Like the countless "clever" photoshops of the sword. Yeah, yeah.. There were a few genuinely funny things done, but now it's a bit painful IMO. The Lego one is one of the first and best YouTube vids.

100% Love the trailer now.

Don't forget the "funny" black jokes. :sleep

Yeah, the countless "clever" trailer mashups have already worn thin. Like the countless "clever" photoshops of the sword. Yeah, yeah.. There were a few genuinely funny things done, but now it's a bit painful IMO. The Lego one is one of the first and best YouTube vids.

100% Love the trailer now.

So do I.

Gaspar was was correct when he said that the X-Wing shot had great inertia.

That instantly brought me back to the OT.

Yeah. I agree. Xwing and MF brought back he good old feeling, but I thought the new stuff looked very promising as well.

expanding the (The Empire Strikes Back) cave analogy... the trailer is what one "only takes with you".

i find it puzzling... the negativity aimed at this clip... as if cognitive distortion has become an epidemic... we finally have a chance at compelling storytelling... a chance of Star Wars "done right" on the big screen, yet it is met with disdain (ironically, from the people who will make it a financial triumph).

as a Star Wars fan, i have a grin from ear to ear... i have hope in my heart and that same feeling i got when i saw the TESB teaser...i want to reconnect with my inner 10 year old and this trailer serves as the conduit.

has there ever been more reason to celebrate the saga? or is it simply too easy to fester within the dark side?

I was hoping for Zimmer.

giphy.gif

Blasphemy!
giphy.gif

expanding the (The Empire Strikes Back) cave analogy... the trailer is what one "only takes with you".

i find it puzzling... the negativity aimed at this clip... as if cognitive distortion has become an epidemic... we finally have a chance at compelling storytelling... a chance of Star Wars "done right" on the big screen, yet it is met with disdain (ironically, from the people who will make it a financial triumph).

as a Star Wars fan, i have a grin from ear to ear... i have hope in my heart and that same feeling i got when i saw the TESB teaser...i want to reconnect with my inner 10 year old and this trailer serves as the conduit.

has there ever been more reason to celebrate the saga? or is it simply too easy to fester within the dark side?

Repped.

Look i feel the same. But the internetz webz are filled with morons, overflowing in fact. There's a lot of miserable ****s out there that are just "too cool for school".(on this forum as well) I guess i could let it bother me, but i've come to the conclusion long ago people just love to hate. And the internetz being bigger than ever, bring out such slime and sad ****s you can't keep up. Even if this movie is so awesome you **** yourself, there will be more than enough haterz to let you know just how much it suxxxorz!

Last edited:
Repped.

Look i feel the same. But the internetz webz are filled with morons, overflowing in fact. There's a lot of miserable ****s out there that are just "too cool for school".(on this forum as well) I guess i could let it bother me, but i've come to the conclusion long ago people just love to hate. And then internetz being bigger than ever, bring out such slime and sad ****s you can't keep up. Even if this movie is so awesome you **** yourself, there will be more than enough haterz to let you know just how much it suxxxorz!

I thought the teaser was just OK...the eight seconds of the Falcon really redeemed it for me. What about people who aren't trolling and are genuinely underwhelmed by it? :dunno

I thought the teaser was just OK...the eight seconds of the Falcon really redeemed it for me. What if people are not trolling and are genuinely underwhelmed by it? :dunno

Well that's fine.

I'm more referring to some of that absolute hate and disdain Auto was pointing out in various places.

And let's be honest here. This movie is for OT fans and not just casual SW fans. Sure they want it to appeal to everyone, but i think they really want to give us 70's/80's kids a nostalgia trip with the first movie at least. If you're not a super SW fan i see nothing in the trailer that would make you cream yourself.

This is who the movie is for IMO

Last edited:
Well that's fine.

I'm more referring to some of that absolute hate and disdain Auto was pointing out in various places.

And let's be honest here. This movie is for OT fans and not just casual SW fans. Sure they want it to appeal to everyone, but i think they really want to give us 70's/80's kids a nostalgia trip with the first movie at least. If you're not a super SW fan i see nothing in the trailer that would make you cream yourself.

This is who the movie is for IMO

I'd love to see Disney's mission statement/objectives for the ST. Who is the target audience? Which master is it trying to serve? I can't imagine too many 5-year-olds would be interested in seeing an old Luke, Leia or Han on the screen.

Back