Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the spoilers I've read...I will say it again... this movie is going to be the death of Star Wars... if not has already for most fans. The Disney bs, JJ Abrams, the script, designs, characters... To me... it's the final cash cow and I knew from when The Clone Wars came out and Lucasfilm had no respect for authors and Dark Horse comics who had written a universe for fans just to be changed would happen again with this movie... Now same thing authors and Dark Horse comics gave us stories before the prequels and each story heart-felt and well thought of. Now again disdained by a monopoly, for Disney is a monopoly... which to be honest America has not seen since JP Morgan. They own Marvel, Star Wars, even time old stories which if not for Walt who just animated them they couldn't claim... You all look at this as a great achivement, I look at this as this biggest mistake of all. When I think of Star Wars it's mystery and a story that good ultimately wins... This just seems like a ultimate attempt to get kids into something before times change. We all know the toy industry is dying from electronics... So I don't see a Stat Wars movie... I see marketing... And I'm calling it now... it'll be worse than the prequels...

Wouldn't those side blades on the lightsaber PREVENT someone else from cutting your hand off? Seems like they would act like the crossguard (the bell-shaped thing above the grip) on a sword? A lightsaber's beam deflects another lightsaber's beam

Based on where the emitters are the blade would just cut off the emitter.

But---regular lightsabers don't have anything there so it's not likely that a blade would reach that area anyway. It's probably just decoration

From the spoilers I've read...I will say it again... this movie is going to be the death of Star Wars... if not has already for most fans. The Disney bs, JJ Abrams, the script, designs, characters... To me... it's the final cash cow and I knew from when The Clone Wars came out and Lucasfilm had no respect for authors and Dark Horse comics who had written a universe for fans just to be changed would happen again with this movie... Now same thing authors and Dark Horse comics gave us stories before the prequels and each story heart-felt and well thought of. Now again disdained by a monopoly, for Disney is a monopoly... which to be honest America has not seen since JP Morgan. They own Marvel, Star Wars, even time old stories which if not for Walt who just animated them they couldn't claim... You all look at this as a great achivement, I look at this as this biggest mistake of all. When I think of Star Wars it's mystery and a story that good ultimately wins... This just seems like a ultimate attempt to get kids into something before times change. We all know the toy industry is dying from electronics... So I don't see a Stat Wars movie... I see marketing... And I'm calling it now... it'll be worse than the prequels...

Rep+

Oh wait, I can't.

Well then here's a smilie high five from across the pond to you because this is also how I feel about Disney. :hi5:

2jfg08h.gif

Wouldn't those side blades on the lightsaber PREVENT someone else from cutting your hand off? Seems like they would act like the crossguard (the bell-shaped thing above the grip) on a sword? A lightsaber's beam deflects another lightsaber's beam

Exactly, Crossgaurds where developed around the 10th centuray on swords by Europeans. They protect the wieldors hands. How people don't understand this is beyond me.

Exactly, Crossgaurds where developed around the 10th centuray on swords by Europeans. They protect the wieldors hands. How people don't understand this is beyond me.

I think people understand that, it's just that many feel the crossguard being a laser might result in the wielder losing a finger here and there. Also, unless the emitter that the laser cross guards are projected from are made of some material that is resistant to lightsaber damage, than the crossguards will be useless, because if the attackers blade hits the crossguard, it is likely to hit the metal emitter that is creating the crossguard.

Hope that makes sense.

Are those non-parody reaction vids serious? Crying over a Stah Wahs trailer?

These latest "viral" generations are seriously ****ed, unless I'm just being an old, cynical ******.

what spoilers? where can I read?

Are those non-parody reaction vids serious? Crying over a Stah Wahs trailer?

These latest "viral" generations are seriously ****ed, unless I'm just being an old, cynical ******.

Yeah, I couldn't tell if that last one was genuine or not, I don't know the guy so have nothing to work with. We all love Star Wars but that seemed very ott.

I know that this has been touched upon before in this thread but just why the hell, in these reaction vids, are people jumping when John Boyega pops up on screen at the start of the trailer? These people must be of a very nervous disposition & I'd hate to see what they're like watching John Carpenter's Halloween for the first time, lol.

Back