Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The terrible names continue :lol Now, this film has Captain Phasma :lol

Captain Phasma Revealed As New Star Wars: The Force Awakens Character | Comicbook.com

Trademark registrations from Lucasfilm and Disney Studios have revealed Captain Phasma as a new character in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Stitch Kingdom is reporting that when the studio filed trademark registrations on December 11th for their already-revealed The Force Awakens characters, they also filed several for a “Captain Phasma” character. According the Stitch Kingdom, that name has never been used in any official capacity in the Star Wars franchise.

Captain Phasma’s reveal follows last week’s official name reveal of the characters who debuted in Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ teaser trailer. The ball droid is named BB-8, the X-Wing pilot is named Poe Dameron, the sith is named Kylo Ren, the helmet-less Stormtrooper is named Finn, and the female desert dweller is named Rey.

There are no details yet as to who Captain Phasma is, where allegiances lie, or if he is a hero or villain. Stay tuned to Comicbook.com as more details are revealed.

Really, though, is that any worse than Ozzel, or Tagge, or Yaddle , or (most) of the other names that have already appeared in Star Wars films? They can't ALL be cool sounding like Skwalker or Solo.:wink1:

:lol Yet another classic comedy posting from The Prince.

...that was a comedy posting, wasn't it? :eek:

I wish it was a comedy post :lol

Really, though, is that any worse than Ozzel, or Tagge, or Yaddle , or (most) of the other names that have already appeared in Star Wars films? They can't ALL be cool sounding like Skwalker or Solo.:wink1:

Well, good or bad, those names sound like Star Wars names. They fit in that universe, but Captain Phasma? He sounds like he should be in a Marvel film. :lol It's not that the name is bad or that Marvel uses bad names, it's that it doesn't fit in SW, imo.

Guys... these kinda names were normal back in a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

BB-8 eh? :lol
Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Rollie-Pollie-Droid.gif

I liked the Pod Race and all of Mos Espa in TPM. The actual race sequence lasted way too long (especially the DVD version!). I have no problem seeing the remnants of them in the background. And how in the world is that a "practical effect?" Did they kick a soccer ball and digitally insert the top on in post? Seriously, what is the function of that droid? I'm thinking this Daisy chick built him just as a companion and he has no real purpose. R2 was a like a Swiss-Army Knife on wheels (And apparently jets). This thing is just cutesy. I won't lie. I don't hate BB-9.

I liked the Pod Race and all of Mos Espa in TPM. The actual race sequence lasted way too long (especially the DVD version!). I have no problem seeing the remnants of them in the background. And how in the world is that a "practical effect?" Did they kick a soccer ball and digitally insert the top on in post? Seriously, what is the function of that droid? I'm thinking this Daisy chick built him just as a companion and he has no real purpose. R2 was a like a Swiss-Army Knife on wheels (And apparently jets). This thing is just cutesy. I won't lie. I don't hate BB-9.

I think we don't have all the facts yet, looks like he has compartments that might open to reveal arms, tools etc.? Maybe he forms into a ball only when he needs to move at high speeds??

Back