Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing that trailer, I am now fully convinced that this movie will be epic. It will be what the PT should have been. It will bring us old timers back to our youth.

After seeing that trailer, I am now fully convinced that this movie will be epic. It will be what the PT should have been. It will bring us old timers back to our youth.

I'm pretty sure many of us said the same thing when we saw this trailer for the very first time...

SIKE!

For the brief moment I saw her in this newest trailer, I didn't see Carrie Fisher. I saw Leia. Juzzz sayun'.

SIKE![/QUOTE]

I haven't seen that Phantom Menace trailer since the film came out, and it's funny how in retrospect you can see signs of how crappy that trilogy was going to be. You know they messed up when they couldn't even get Yoda's head right :lol I think the last Force Awakens trailer is better than the PM trailer, and it should be. Modern trailers are usually better than 90's film trailers.

Not to add fuel to the fire but the TPM trailer really looks like such a joke compared to the TFA one. The three-way duel at the end was really the only thing I liked about that movie.

That was the best part of the film. I still think Darth Maul was cooler than Vader. Most SW fans might not agree, but I've always liked Maul's design. He's not a better character because they didn't develop him and they killed him too quick, but he looked more badass and he was a better fighter than Vader ever was in the OT. His movements were graceful like a dancer, but also believable as a fighter. Unfortunately, Maul has more in common with Boba Fett, a cool under developed character with an anti climatic death. :(

You know, as much as I like that scene with Ren's plasma saber moving towards Rey's throat, it's the one that actually seems the least Star Wars-y to me.
That and Chewie blowing up stuff. It just seems un-Chewie like.
But, both look pretty cool.

That was the best part of the film. I still think Darth Maul was cooler than Vader. Most SW fans might not agree, but I've always liked Maul's design. He's not a better character because they didn't develop him and they killed him too quick, but he looked more badass and he was a better fighter than Vader ever was in the OT. His movements were graceful like a dancer, but also believable as a fighter. Unfortunately, Maul has more in common with Boba Fett, a cool under developed character with an anti climatic death. :(
Fans of his should be thankful he was killed off before Lucas et al. had a chance to ruin whatever it was people liked about him in the other prequels.

I like both almost equally, Maul's design is superb tbh.

Also, I believe he was a better fighter indeed, but Vader was a better force user.

If you're in the mood, I'd recommend you read/listen to the audiobooks, Maul: Lockdown and Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, they do great justice to Maul, both are missions the Emperor sends him to before TPM, he is a cold, precise, resourceful and disciplined assassin, he was indeed just as fit as Vader as the Emperor's apprentice.

I hope Disney approves the Maul game they're developing right now.

Fans of his should be thankful he was killed off before Lucas et al. had a chance to ruin whatever it was people liked about him in the other prequels.
I could be wrong but canonically he was still alive after TPM.

I love the attention to detail, like the exhaust from the tie fighters.
Yeah, and in the X-wings scenes, you can see condensation on the nose of the ships, it looks very cool.

But wasn't that in the pre-Disney canon that was done away with? I assume you're referring to Chicken Maul. And I bet Lucas would have had a field day with that one.

Oooooh, new trailer gave me chills! Not only looks good, but beautiful to look at. BB8 looks cooler than I thought he would, think he will be a hit with my daughter.

But wasn't that in the pre-Disney canon that was done away with? I assume you're referring to Chicken Maul. And I bet Lucas would have had a field day with that one.
Yeah, Chicken Maul and Clone Maul, so that's gone? Good, I'm guessing the audiobooks are still canon though.

So, what exactly is part of the new canon? Please tell me the old Dark Forces games are still in....

Yeah, Chicken Maul and Clone Maul, so that's gone? Good, I'm guessing the audiobooks are still canon though.

So, what exactly is part of the new canon? Please tell me the old Dark Forces games are still in....
I don't know for sure, but apparently not the extended universe. I know current comics apparently are included as canon, and I'm guessing the current cartoons.

Back