Superman (July 11th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair those Pattinson Batman set photos looked awful to but I’m fine with the look but I’m not a huge Superman fan.

I cannot imagine Patterson Bats bumping into any form of Superman. It's too grounded in reality. Actual "Super Heros" don't work in that universe imo.

It's human or nothing there.
Well hold on there. We aren’t very sure how grounded that universe can be. In the next film they might give use a monster clayface or dive into the fantasy aspects of the universe. Not saying Pattinson will merge with this universe but I don’t think it’s impossible for Superman to show up.
Superman is akways some sort of crazy phenomenon in the DC universe

Well hold on there. We aren’t very sure how grounded that universe can be. In the next film they might give use a monster clayface or dive into the fantasy aspects of the universe. Not saying Pattinson will merge with this universe but I don’t think it’s impossible for Superman to show up.
Superman is akways some sort of crazy phenomenon in the DC universe
No, I get it. This is DC. And I'm technically on board with that. But going from the first film to something super natural or alien, playing out on screen in THAT particular universe that was portrayed would feel extremely out of place imo.

They painted themselves into a corner there. It's so based on realistic events that it's nearly impossible to imagine the Son of Krypton being a part of it.

And a "Superman based in reality" is certainly not a take on the character that anyone in Hollywood would be eager to write a script for.

It limits his abilities and it ruins the realism of the universe.

Hard to defend those designs, I must say. . .I expected more from Gunn but not a deal breaker.

Frankly, a Justice League International/Europe movie from Gunn makes a lot more sense than a Justice League America movie. And from that standpoint, silly outfits are actually a good thing. The hair on Mr. T has to be a joke, right? But. . .not for Superman. Please have G'Nort in a cameo!

I don't know if you really care, but he's like the equivalent of Mr. Fantastic in DC. Smarter than everybody else. This version has little silver balls that fly around and can do things. The original golden age version looks like he has a huge coupon on his stomach.

Thanks for the info on Mr. Terrific. I was never a big comic-book reader, so outside the major characters, I usually have no idea who all these heroes are.
I find Mr. Terrific's outfit quite terrible though. To me it's the sort of thing that maybe works in the comics, but doesn't translate well to the screen. Like Peacemaker's outfit, it looks silly (I'm guessing that's comic-accurate as well?), just like a blue/grey outfit for Batman would make zero sense and would look terrible in a movie. IMHO.

Not really a fan of this costume at first impression. it looks like a cheap cosplay, especially with the padding aspect and the folds, It might be different with the lighting in the film.
The actor really looks like cavill

The Mr. Terrific costume looks good. I still don’t like the Superman costume but it does look better in these leaked photos and video than it did in that first officially released photo.

The actor really looks like cavill
Staring Ed Helms GIF by The Office

I'm OK with them doing a Batman with the Blue and Grey if they can get it to work instead of light blue they can use dark blue or navy. They can also do black and grey again but more closer to the comics design with trunks. Actually I'd be in if they did a color scheme similar to BTAS where it's black with blue hues.
1000004505.jpg
1000004506.jpg

They'll probably give him a bunch of damn lines on his suit. Damn them all, straight to hell.

But yes, we haven't had a classic blue and gray Batman so that would be swell. Or maybe even a first appearance looking Batman to start who later evolves into the late '60s/'70s/'80s-style Batman who is my ideal Batman.
Honestly the line work isn't to bad if it's not overdone. It doesn't look to bad on Superman but hopefully his later suits are more simple and doesn't use the collar.

Lois doesn't look butch. That's something.The latest Godzilla/Kong film really annoyed me with this ****.
Screenshot_20240624_182859_Firefox Focus.jpg

Screenshot_20240624_182702_Firefox Focus.jpg

I'm not sure Hollyweird knows how to portray a heterosexual female.

Last edited:
Would have been interesting seeing this superman with Pattinson batman. But at this point I hope the new Batman for the DCU has a closer suit to the classic Neal Adam's look. View attachment 709803View attachment 709804
I hate the red shorts. It’s such an outdated aspect of superhero costume design.

It’s okay in comics/animation I guess, but in live action it has always looked ridiculous.

No, I get it. This is DC. And I'm technically on board with that. But going from the first film to something super natural or alien, playing out on screen in THAT particular universe that was portrayed would feel extremely out of place imo.

They painted themselves into a corner there. It's so based on realistic events that it's nearly impossible to imagine the Son of Krypton being a part of it.

And a "Superman based in reality" is certainly not a take on the character that anyone in Hollywood would be eager to write a script for.

It limits his abilities and it ruins the realism of the universe.
Well the Nolan verse was based in reality as well but there were so many things in that universe that couldn’t happen today. Look at two face for example or everything joker did .

I hate the red shorts. It’s such an outdated aspect of superhero costume design.

It’s okay in comics/animation I guess, but in live action it has always looked ridiculous.
I think it depends on your view on how the films should be. Knowing this is a superhero film I could let it pass. I do think since they were going a mix between New 52 and classic they should have kept it just New 52. But I don't hate it the look. Though I won't be made if the trunks make it to the new Batman I'll still be ok with him not having it also.

I can't explain why a belt for underwear worked for Reeve. But I can tell you it looks odd here.

I can't explain why a belt for underwear worked for Reeve. But I can tell you it looks odd here.
I understand since they made the suit more like a slightly armor look like New 52 so it doesn't make sense but I'm sure it will look fine in post. At least I hope so

I like the brighter colors of this Superman suit and kinda like that they brought back the “S” on the back of the cape. The trunks don’t really bother me either. The biggest problem with it is how puffy the suit looks without giving the actor any definition. He look’s like Ralphy’s little brother in “A Christmas Story” when he’s all bundled up and can’t put his arms down. And the line pattern all over the costume isn’t really doing anything for it either. Doesn’t make the suit visually more interesting and doesn’t give the illusion of muscle definition either. Just makes the overall design look way too busy.

Back